fbpx

Male Pegasus with chipped ears. How to repair them?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Male Pegasus with chipped ears. How to repair them?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

I purchased a male pegasus from a seller locally that looked perfect until I noticed that both ears were shipped off in the back/tips by as much as half an ear although it doesn’t show from the front. He basically gave it to me because I purchased some other dragons from him. I was going to fix the ears but thought it would be a bit tricky to build them back up and wanted to sell it so I decided to list it on ebay at a discounted price as is but now i am thinking maybe I should try to fix the ears? Any suggestions on the best material to use to shape the ear tips? I have some polly filler used to repair drywall in a house so would something like that work? Also I have one brown male dragon and brown and tan griffin with no damage except little paint touch ups I am looking to sell if anyone is looking for those.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

etruscan
      Participant

You might find helpful information in the “Chippy Kitties” thread in this section. There are a couple of suggestions for fixing chipped cat ears.

Jennifer
        Keymaster

Here’s my thoughts on your situation:

If you want to sell it, consider leaving it as-is (other than gently cleaning him up) and let the new owner decide if they want to fix him up or not.

Since the damage is so minor, you are likely to get about the same price as you would if you repaired him. Unless the repair is REALLY great!

If the repair is less than stellar, I have observed that most people would rather attempt the repair themselves (or send it to someone skilled in repairs) than to buy a repaired piece, and have to re-worked the repaired part to their satisfaction.

If you want to keep him, by all means try a repair! 🙂 It’s not terribly hard if you are patient with it. The hardest part can be getting a paint mix that matches perfectly.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Kim
          Blocked

Thanks for the advice. I did end up selling it as is.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.