fbpx

Maks …Update Pg 8 February 2011

Home Forums Miscellany Community Maks …Update Pg 8 February 2011

Viewing 12 posts - 106 through 117 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Mmloda
    Participant

Thank you for asking about Maks BDW…he seems to be doing OK for now, we started to make some changes as far as his medication goes because the vet hasn’t called us for a long time and we were really worried about the effects of the dosage that he was on, so we did some reasearch ourselves and found out alot of information that the vet never shared with us in first place so we just figured that we would do what feels right to us and now even bother calling the vet. So we have been lowering his dosage of teh prednesone for a while now and he seems to be doing O.K. for now, I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will last and that hopefully we will be able to take him off the prenesone in the near future because he’s been on a high dosage for almost a year now.

Originally our vet told us that he would have to stay on it for the rest of his life but she also did not tell us about the side effects that he was going to get from being on such a high dosage for such a long time, so I guess at this time I am not really listening to what she is saying cause i am not too sure that she even knows anymore.. πŸ˜•

But I really appreciate you asking about him and actually today my brother and sister in law said that he looks like he might be getting some of his hair back on his chest….since he lost most of it due to the high dosage of prednesone….I can;t see the difference but thats probably because I see him everyday.

And he still loves his BANANA BREAD…. πŸ™‚ which I make for him every other day… πŸ˜‰

Marzena

BDW
      Participant

:yes: I’m happy to hear that he’s better. He’s oviously in good care.
        Keep us posted. πŸ™‚

Mmloda
        Participant

A quick update on Maks…he’s been doing well on the raw diet which we decided to start him on and his hair has come back!
          He is on a low prdnisone dosage and has been for a while now, so currently he is on 2.5ml of prednisone a day… πŸ™‚

I am still getting used to the raw diet but Maks seems to love it, he is very picky and only lieks certain things…LOL, its funny to watch him spit certain meats out …LOL! πŸ˜€

The only change with his now is that rescently he has developed a hemotama in one of his ear flaps and we had been to the vet with him regarding this and she took all of the blood out of his ear flap but it came back and so now tomorrow we are planning on taking him back into the vet. I have done some research on this and there is no cure for it that I can find, I am not sure about the surgery because most of the time it is not successful and the hematome needs to clear up on its own, thats what i have been reading everywhere.

Poor fella if its not one thing its something else. I just hope that its not bugging him but I am guessing that it must be very uncofortable for him because his ear is hanging lower and he keeps his head tilted to that one side… πŸ™

Marzena

Leigha
          Participant

Poor puppy πŸ™ I hope it clears up on it’s own soon.

Mmloda
            Participant

Thanks Leigha, we had Maks at the vet lastnight to drain his ear again and we will probably have to go back again by the end of the week.

Marzena

LadyFirebird
              Participant

Poor Maks!!! This poor puppy has been through a lot. πŸ™ It’s so hard when a furbaby gets sick and there isn’t much you can do but hope and wait to see if things clear up. I hope it does clear up!

Mmloda
                Participant

Thank you LadyFirebird…I really hope so too, his poor head is constatnly tilted to one side, I am guessing its because the fluid in his hematoma is heavy.

Marzena

Bob

Good luck Vet bills are no fun!!

BDW
                    Participant

πŸ™‚ Hi Mmloda
                      How is Maks doing today?

Mmloda
                      Participant

πŸ™‚ He’s doing better today than he was on Friday! We took him to the vet on Friday to get his ear drained again and they gave him a shot of something in his ear, he was not feeling well after that shot, I think it was cordosone, but he’s doing better now, his ear is still filling up… :shrug: I feel so bad for him, but the way its going its costing $100 a week to have it drained, becasue we go twice a week! Thats how fast it fills up!

Thanks for asking BDW… πŸ™‚

Marzena

Lokie
                        Participant

I’m really sorry Maks had this set back πŸ™ How is his ear doing now?

I had to look back at the starting dates of this thread, and was surprised to see it has been well over a year since he was first diagnosed with Malignant Gastric limphoma. What a resilient dog πŸ™‚ I hope he can recover from the hematoma.

Mmloda
                          Participant

Just wanted to do a update on Maks! He seems to be doing OK, and I am so happy that he is still here with us after all this time!

We also rescently got Maks a playmate! πŸ˜‰ Her name is Kora and she is also a doberman, she’s almost 5 months now and he seems to be having alot of fun with her. We weren’t to sure about how he would respond to a new puppy after everything that he ahs been through but he seems to be doing well and with her… πŸ˜‰

I have been extremely busy lately with work and everything else, so I haven’t uploaded many pictures of her but here are a few…http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=637595365&aid=604263

Marzena

Viewing 12 posts - 106 through 117 (of 117 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.