fbpx

Magic Orchid Keeper

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Magic Orchid Keeper

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Travistie
    Participant

Hello fellow forum members. Haven’t been on here as much as I used to be, but am still very much into the Windstones. I had a Keeper stashed away for almost a year, and finally got around to working on it. I am a pink dragon fan, as some of you probably already know. I did a couple light rosey colored Keepers as commission jobs last year. This time I did a much darker shaded one, with some purple. The coloring reminds me of orchid flowers, so decided to call her Magic Orchid. I don’t know… it was the best I could come up with! I’m not all that good at naming these things. She has a dusting of fuschia glitter on her, which I tried to capture in her close up pic, but lighting doesn’t always cooperate. She does have a subtle sparkle when turning her around. Sunlight does make it more noticeable. I think the green eyes and olivine tail jewel work well on this color combo. I am waiting on the other jewel I ordered to put in her raised claw (Secret Keeper style). I’ll probably be putting this one up for sale soon, but just wanted to share some pics of the mostly finished product this evening. Thanks for looking ๐Ÿ™‚

Hopefully these pics aren’t too gigantic and get cut off, or too tiny. Photobucket has changed since the last time I was on there, so have no clue if I sized these properly or not. My pics always appear way big when I first go to post them on here.

IMG_0198Orchid Keeper 4
      Orchid Keeper 1Orchid Keeper 2

Rachel
      Participant

What a gorgeous color! Excellent job!

She’s really pretty Travestie, & I am not a fan of pink, but it is really pretty. That really came out nice.

Kyrin

Travistie
        Participant

Thank you both. I did a little more gold detailing on her this evening. Not many people like pink Kyrin! I think I’m one of the few who really do, so I’ll probably end up keeping this one. Out of all the pink combinations I’ve tried, this one is the closest to what I’ve been wanting on a Windstone dragon.

Misty
          Participant

The touches of green here and there are a nice contrast. I think it is quite cute ๐Ÿ™‚

dragonmedley
            Participant

This might be one for Skigod… when she’s back from deployment ๐Ÿ™‚

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.