fbpx

Looking to buy hoofers!!!!

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Looking to buy hoofers!!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Riversgrace
    Participant

So should I clear coat it first, then spray the sparkles on last? or do another clear coat over the sparkles?

Trava
      Participant

I paint, sparkle, then clear coat but some of that depends of the stuff that you are using.

If you use color shifting paint prime the gypsum with black, then use the color shifting paint, then use a clear coat. You can buy all three in a pack (black primer, color shift, clear coat) some places… but that can be more expensive than buying each of the three separately.

Kujacker
        Participant

This has been brought up quite a bit.

I use the expensive stuff Windstone uses. Something like $80 or $90 for 4 ounces of paint. That stuff is NOT a clear coat and requires to be coated over after use.
          From what I understand about the clear effects (the inexpensive stuff), people say it’s an actual clear coat. As in you don’t have to coat it again after using it. But I’ve never used it. If you’re not sure, I’m sure clear coating over it won’t hurt.

PurpleTurtle
          Participant

This has been brought up quite a bit.

I use the expensive stuff Windstone uses. Something like $80 or $90 for 4 ounces of paint. That stuff is NOT a clear coat and requires to be coated over after use.
            From what I understand about the clear effects (the inexpensive stuff), people say it’s an actual clear coat. As in you don’t have to coat it again after using it. But I’ve never used it. If you’re not sure, I’m sure clear coating over it won’t hurt.

That was my understanding to. I have only been able to use the inexpensive brand in question and never clear-coated it. It seems to hold its own without an additional clear coat anyways.

Riversgrace
            Participant

What I was meaning…to safe guard the paint that i put on there, should I clear coat it before i sparkle it?

PurpleTurtle
              Participant

What I was meaning…to safe guard the paint that i put on there, should I clear coat it before i sparkle it?

I never do and it seems to work okay for me so far. I spray the sparkle paint directly on the paint.

Jasmine
                Participant

Krylon actually makes a glitter spray paint. I just bought a can of the multi color but haven’t had a chance to use it yet.

http://www.krylon.com/products/glitter_spray/

Kujacker
                  Participant

For the expensive stuff, no, I don’t. Just right on top of what I paint before clear coating. But again, if you’re not sure, layers of clear coat won’t hurt anything (allowing time for them to each dry, of course).

Krylon actually makes a glitter spray paint. I just bought a can of the multi color but haven’t had a chance to use it yet.

http://www.krylon.com/products/glitter_spray/

I’ve seen these… but they look like… err… party glitter? I guess is the word I’m looking for. It looks like that large cut glitter. I don’t know how it would work on a pyo. Almost bought it once to try, though.

Riversgrace
                    Participant

I found the paints, both of them at Auto Zone 🙂 I am thinking bookends…

anyway but now I am looking for hoofers! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.