Loch Ness Monster

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Loch Ness Monster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pipsxlch
    Participant

While I was working my church’s pumpkin fair (sold a bunch of commission paint jobs yay!), I found this pumpkin stem laying on the ground.
       photo 010_zpspugr3qpp.jpg
       photo 011_zps9pholje5.jpg
      It just screamed at me “NESSIE!”

So, though I don’t have a clue about how to sculpt, I had to try. Got a box of Original Sculpey and have given it a go. Any helpful ideas out there? I really don’t know what I’m doing here. Having a time trying to get it all smooth- do you wet your fingers, or bake it and sand, or? And any ideas on improving it before I bake it? Good thing I had a spare pair of glass eyes!
       photo 014_zpstszah1pk.jpg
       photo 015_zpsfywbhjra.jpg
       photo 016_zpsyycdug6h.jpg
       photo 018_zpspn9dqcmt.jpg
       photo 019_zps0cuw8sde.jpg

What about the base? Leave it as it is, try to figure out how to do water?

Thanks for looking!

Natasha
      Participant

Wow! Your sculpting looks great! Maybe leave that base as is, and sculpt a couple of little stand alone “humps” behind her? So when you set it down on the ground it looks like it’s under water?

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
        ANY Red Eyed Unis
        ANY Test Paint Bat
        UNIS:
        The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
        Male- Snow Leopard TP
        White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
        Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
        Mother: Okapi
        Gothic - Mahogany
        PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
        DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Prezaurian
        Participant

I really like how the head is turning out! And the choice of eyes is quite nice. Are you planning on covering up the pumpkin stem with sculpey too? If not I worry about it burning in the oven when you bake it. ^_^; Sorry for being a worry wart, I just wanted to make sure you’d be alright.

Edit: On smoothing sculpey. If what you want to do is get rid of fingerprints in the clay try using a paint brush (or fingers) dipped in 90% rubbing alcohol. Rubbing alcohol has the effect of gently dissolving sculpey so its really useful for smoothing unwanted textures. Just take it easy with its application and be sure the alcohol dries thoroughly before baking. If you just want to get rid of bumps and unusual shapes, be patient and use your fingers (if you haven’t baked it yet!). If you’ve already baked it, use sandpaper.

Also, good luck! 🙂

Angelika_Zen
          Participant

I am loving this!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Melody
            Keymaster

That’s adorable!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.