Limited Editions

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Limited Editions

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Fritochick (Mary)
    Participant

πŸ˜‰ HI, I was wondering what it takes for a #1 trial piece to become a possible limited edition??? For example, I keep hoping the blue ice comes out in an emperor for a few pieces. I think it was called blue ice, anyway I would love to get my hands on one. I know there were other molds done in this color too. Everyone seemed so thrilled about it but, never saw any more. Just asking. :~ :~

Kim
      Blocked

I am wondering too. I would love to buy dragons in the blue ice colour if it became a limited edition.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Thirded, they are just beautiful. I’d love at least a LE fledgeling!

Kiya
        Participant

Generally to become limited production or production, an item has to have a paint scheme that can be easily replicated in bulk. I think to date they’ve been all schemes Melody invented – likely because she knows what goes in to creating an LP or Production color.

The Blue Ice color is LOVELY, but I don’t think it’s being strongly considered as an LP at this time.

I don’t know if that’s related to the fact that it might be too complex to paint or if there is another reason. Other factors can include if the paint is really expensive (magic paint and color shift paint aren’t used more partially because of cost), because the paint is unavailable in larger quantities or has to be custom mixed, or if Melody just doesn’t think it will be popular enough (not a problem I think THIS scheme has though!)

Blue Ice was invented by Patricia, not Melody, so it could also be that Melody doesn’t know how to duplicate it. (Melody does the majority of the LP painting and with Jordan leaving may need to go back to doing all of it).

I think the best we can hope for in the near future is that Patricia might be convinced to paint a few more test paints for ebay – we’re probably a goodly ways out from seeing it in the store if that ever does come to pass. πŸ™

Also, here is a link to what Limited Edition/Limited Production/Production/etc mean in terms of Windstone Collecting. I _think_ you guys are hoping for LP (limited production), not LE (limited edition), but it’s possible I’m wrong! πŸ™‚

http://windstoneeditions.com/frequently-asked-questions#difference

Fritochick (Mary)
          Participant

Thank You!!!! You’re right I mean limited production. Too bad though, it is a stunning color!!!!!

Kiya
            Participant

Thank You!!!! You’re right I mean limited production. Too bad though, it is a stunning color!!!!!

Oh, I’m not saying it won’t happen! I honestly don’t know! I just don’t think it’s going to happen in the near future. πŸ™‚ Long term anything is possible.

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

I like Blue Ice a lot. I also LOVED the TEAL coloration that Melody did on a few of her older test paints. Even Glacier was a close enough color that I think it would look equally great as a limited production and I am pretty sure Melody created that scheme for the Curlies as well. Maybe that is something that would be easier for her to mass produce and a color scheme more feesable to paint for something on that level? Just a thought anyway. I’m all for some sort of teal/ice/ocean blue colored scheme for Limited Production <3

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

phantomess
                Participant

Count me in the blue-ice-lover club, too! I’d love a chance to get one.

….And more camo dragons!…

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Kim
                  Blocked

I think anything in similar colours like light blue, aqua, teal, turquoise, etc. would be a huge seller as a limited production if it could be done in a simpler fashion without magic paint and whatever else makes them more complex to produce. I would love a simpler version in those colours if it was possible. I hope Melody sees this!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Aaron
                    Participant

Ditto on Blue Ice!! I love it!

bayoudragon
                      Participant

I’m not big on blue ice… which is really weird because I’m a total blue freak. LOL. Now Indigo Ice I could really go for. πŸ˜‰

darjeb
                        Participant

I would love to have an OW or a fledgling in ice blue but I don’t think it will happen considering what has been said

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.