fbpx

Let the nightmare begin…

Home Forums Miscellany Community Let the nightmare begin…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

Im so sorry Kyrin. How horrible. I will pray for you… Poor Vincent.

Duld
      Participant

this is just horrible 😮 my condolences and god bless

siberakh1
        Participant

I’m so sorry to hear that. *HUGS* DEFINITELY be on the look out. Meningitis can and does creep up very quickly. One of my friends at college, Brett, got it back in April 2004. He was substitute teaching at the time and had come home from teaching feeling a little tired (‘it’s just a cold’). As the evening progressed, it became worse, to the point that his parents took him to the ER because he was starting to run a fever that was getting worse quickly. He was dead before daybreak, no more than 12 hours before the first onset of symptoms. Totally devastating and just a month before graduation and one week before his senior vocal recital. 😥 He had such a gorgeous voice (we were in opera scenes together) and he was just a genuinely nice guy. Oddly, no one else got sick among either his friends, family, or the students at the school, though they closed the school the following day to disinfect everything with everyone having close contact being put on medication as a precaution. He had bacterial meningitis.

*HUGS* Your son will need them too. *HUGS*

I’m so sorry, that’s terrible. 😥

Deepest sympathies to the family.
          You’re in my prayers.

That’s terrible. 😥 My condolences to you and your family, and hopefully no one else catches anything.

dragonmedley
          Participant

omg… I’m so sorry. All I can offer are condolences and hugs.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Katherine
            Participant

Oh my, I am so sorry to hear this! *bear hugs!* I can only imagine the pain and worry.
              And I am sorry to hear that your dad has to get open heart surgery. My grandma got that surgery done not too long ago, and she says it wasn’t as bad as she expected. I definitely understand the worry and fear, and I hope he will pull through wonderfully!! You and your family are in my prayers!

Lupin
              Participant

I am Soooo sorry for your Loss Kyrin. 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 And can only sympathize with you and your Terror. ‘Cause I know that is what you are going through. My family has been hit hard by Meningitis over the years, we are apparently highly susceptible, & thanks to my Group B Strep there was the Nightmare of that having been what caused Khym’s stroke. He would not have been the first in our family to have Died/been affected by GBS Meningitis, it was truly a family Nightmare trying to happen again.

Here’s hoping that All of you can overcome this tragedy with no more Loss, or Pain than has already been caused.

Well so far everyone is still healthy, kids got preventative antibiotic shots today. Vince’s funeral is still in the planning stages, but we should know in another day or so.

The hospital will most likely be slapped with a wrongful death suit, but all that will really do is alleviate funeral costs and hopefully keep this from happening to anyone else. It won’t bring our Vincent back.

Spent the day crying, and hanging out with friends on SecondLife who did all they could to keep me distracted.

I am so glad to have all of you, I don’t tell you guys that enough.

Anyway, I’ll keep you updated as the week goes on.

Kyrin

KoishiiKitty
                Participant

lots of hugs…It really was so upsetting to read that i could not really comment..
                  even my mom was very shocked and disturbed by it. 🙁

Jasmine
                  Participant

I’m sorry Kyrin. And my condolences to the family

We actually had to attend the funeral for fiance’s uncle today. He was diagnosed with cancer 2 weeks ago, and passed Sunday.

twindragonsmum
                    Participant

Kyrin wrote:

Well so far everyone is still healthy, kids got preventative antibiotic shots today. Vince’s funeral is still in the planning stages, but we should know in another day or so.

The hospital will most likely be slapped with a wrongful death suit, but all that will really do is alleviate funeral costs and hopefully keep this from happening to anyone else. It won’t bring our Vincent back.

Spent the day crying, and hanging out with friends on SecondLife who did all they could to keep me distracted.

I am so glad to have all of you, I don’t tell you guys that enough.

Anyway, I’ll keep you updated as the week goes on.

Kyrin

the thing that is so irritating is that all the television stations here in Idaho have been running ads about menengitis – symptoms, causes, etc. and that you should get your family member to the hospital A.S.A.P. if they are running a high temp… With all the Public Service Ads out there you’d think that the hospital would check for menegitis… Their response makes me furious and scared! 😡 If they won’t even check, what chance does anyone have ?

twindragonsmum 😡

tdm

I am so sorry, Kyrin. Words don’t even begin to cover it – I will keep your and Vincent’s families in my thoughts and prayers.

Katherine
                      Participant

*big hugs* I really wish that I could do something for you.

Laurie
                        Participant

Shawna said the kids are fine, but of course she’s still watching them like a hawk.
                          The funeral for Vincent will be Thursday. I’m sure if anyone would like to offer their prayers and condolences to the family they would be appreciated.

kyrin@kyrinslair.com

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.