fbpx

Leaving for my Honeymoon!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Leaving for my Honeymoon!!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

Have fun!

darjeb wrote:

Enjoy – you’ll enjoy FL anyway but don’t forget there are many many more things to enjoy around Orlando as well as Disney World. Also if you want to see the Atlantic Ocean just take the Bee Line (528) east and it is a very short trip

Couple years ago they did the dumbest thing and changed the 528 name from the Beeline to the BEACH Line. Dont ask me why; it is stupid and just screwed everyone up.

DMiss~ Brightest blessings and safe travels! It’s too long of a drive for me since I moved (with my health; I get dizzy when driving too easily now when going fast) but Id have been only 30 minutes from Disney before! Could have taken you guys out to dinner or lunch or something.

Yes, there is LOTS to do other than Disney if you can fit it in. There are lots of individual attractions such as Ripleys Believe It Or Not, Wonder Works (lots of fun and scientific illusions; hands on), water parks… and dont forget about Downtown Disney which holds House of Blues and Pleasure Island which consists of a bunch of cool theme bars (reggae, 80s, comedy, safari, etc). You also have dinner shows such as Arabian Nights, Pirate Adventure and my favorite- Medieval Times! Those are in Kissimmee not Orlando (south of Orlando but only just). Animal Kingdom is also separated from Disney and is just south of Orlando but beautiful. Be sure to hit both sides of Universal- I favor the Islands of Adventure and ALL the wild rides. Food is great there too if you pick the right “theme” part of the park (such as a fantasy realm where Merlin is walking around, etc- by Dueling Dragons double roller coaster). Looks like a HUGE carved oak tree and you eat in it.

If you want any more tips on the area, email me and I’ll give you my number. Have fun! So much to do! But dont spread yourselves too thin. You cant see everything so Id research a bit and commit to certain things so you dont feel rushed through.

Enjoy, take pixs and drink lots of water to stay hydrated… very important and deceiving!

HUGS!!! <3

Thanks PT! I a little (okay…a LOT) overwhelmed by all the things that there are to do down there! I’ve been to Florida several times, but never to Disney. The only thing I know for sure that we have to do is go snorkling…that was my only request!! We are going to try and do a park a day…theres a few things we’re gonna skip, my darling husband who will climb a 65 foot ladder and run into a burning building refuses to go on any roller coasters, or any other “scary” ride especially the drop ones. Sigh. But there is lots to do other than that, I’m looking forward to the walk through exhibits and Animal Kingdom, I’m dying to see that tree!! I would love to go to Ripley’s too, but I’m pretty sure that’s by St. Augestine…right? I don’t even think we’re going to get to see everything at Disney, in fact I know we won’t, let alone be able to go anywhere else, but we’ll probably go back down in a few years anyway, so I don’t feel too deprived!! I’m just about done packing, I hate that part, I’m never sure what to bring, and always bring too much. Thanks again everyone for the advice, I can really use it!! And PD, don’t tempt me!! I’d love to stop by! And I love South of the Border, even though Zack has never heard of it (can you believe that?)…we’re definatly going to stop there!!

Pegasi1978
      Participant

South of the Border is only a couple hours North of me! Hubby and I have passed it driving to visit his best friend in the DC area, but we’ve never stopped.

Nah, St. Augustine is up north and has a whole other charm in and of itself.

In Orlando, outside of Disney, the main attraction drag is called International Drive or I-Drive. Stay on that busy road with tons of lights, and youll find tons of individual attractions. Ripleys is right off of it and I think you can even see the building from I-Drive.

When on I-Drive however, dont try to make North, West, South East sense out of it. The road is a serpentine and goes in every single direction and looks confusing on a map. But stay on it and you cant really get lost- but it is always, always, like rush hour.

Have fun and yes, youll love The Tree of Life! I have tons of pix of it; amazing!

Jodi
        Participant

Have a good time!

Bob

Congrats have a GREAT time
            DM’s eggs and hatchers!!

Katherine
            Participant

KC and I spent our honeymoon in Florida. You will love snorkeling, but make sure the waters are very calm because we made that mistake the second time we did that. And I am sure you will have TONS of fun!! I’m wondering if you’ll come back pregnant? I know I did, and since you’ll be having fun and relaxing, the chances might increase! Medieval Times is awesome(go there if you haven’t), and if you go to Sea World, say hi to the dolphins for me! If you happen to see an exceptionally BIG dolphin, give him a special hi because KC and I call him “Fatty”. πŸ˜›

Congrats and enjoy!!! πŸ˜€

Sounds awesome! Have a blast πŸ˜€

Maria
              Participant

Congrats, and have a great time, DragonMistress.

Leigha
                Participant

That’s going to be an awesome trip!

I’ve been to Disney World twice. I go to Florida every January because my boyfriend lives there and a bonus: his mom gets us in free to Disney World πŸ˜‰

Animal Kingdom is my favorite park <3 I love animals, I love the safari and the jungle walks and they have wild rabbits that hop between the enclosures and ducks with ducklings! I have pictures of them all ^^ I took so many pictures I had no film left for pictures of me and Andrew at the park lol.

I hope you have a lot of fun and a relaxing trip πŸ™‚

Alright my dears…. I’m leaving now. I will miss you guys!! I’ll put up pics from Disney while I’m down there if I can!! “See” you when I get back!

wolflodge100
                  Participant

Have a great and safe trip! πŸ˜€

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.