Launch of the 2016 Spring PYO swap – Sign-ups closed

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps Launch of the 2016 Spring PYO swap – Sign-ups closed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

Let’s do a PYO swap!

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU SIGN UP! It’s long, but pretty much exhaustive.

We don’t have a “due date”, but a “ship date”, meaning everyone will be mailing their painted piece on this date. Yes, we’ll have a whole bunch of pictures coming up all at once, but this will avoid people falling short (it’s happened in the past).

The ship date is May 17th.

Prior to this date, so on May 7th, I will send out a message to everyone, asking if the piece is ready. You will need to respond, with a picture of your piece, before May 14th. If you do not send a response by that date, you will be considered out of the swap. In all, that’ll be about 7 weeks to order and paint your piece.

Once the response is received, you will be sent the address of the person for whom you painted. That’s right! Once the names are picked out of the hat, at first, you will only get the name and color scheme of your swapee. That way, no one will mail out ahead of time and create confusion.

If people do not respond, I’ll reshuffle – hence the picture of the piece. I’ll match the existing pieces as best as I can. Hopefully, I won’t need to do it at all.

TO SIGN UP: you need to email me at:
      dragonmedley@myfirehawk.ca
      No PMs, please. It will make things much easier to manage. I’ll confirm that I got the email as soon as I can.

The sign-up is open from March 13 to 30. On the 31st, I’ll draw the names and email them to you.

MAKE SURE YOUR FORUM NAME IS THE FIRST THING IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
      Example: Your Forum Name – PYO swap

We will need the following information:
      1. Your full name and address
      2. What you want. For example, colors or theme (if you want psychedelic/magic mushroom, here’s your chance), the sculpt, if you have a preference. If you want a Muse, indicate it. Otherwise, we’ve agreed that the Muse will not be used. I would also recommend that you indicate your first choice of sculpt and another one, just in case the store runs out of any of sculpts.
      FOO PUPS: Should you choose to paint foo pups, in order to be fair value-wise, you will need to paint 2 foops.

Rules to remember:
      • You are responsible for buying a blank PYO and mailing it. In return, you will receive a painted piece.
      • The person for whom you’re painting will more than likely not be painting for you. This in not an outright trade, but more like a “secret Santa” exchange.
      • If you’re shipping outside your country, make the value 10$; otherwise, the person will probably have to pay duties, even if you indicate that the package is a gift.
      • We’ll have a big enough group, so it’s possible to accommodate everyone. So, if you’re allergic to painting griffins, say it. Same if you only want to paint a unicorn. However, don’t ask to have so-and-so paint your piece! This will be totally random. I will refer back to the previous swaps so you won’t be painting for the same person again (if you’ve participated before), but otherwise, what comes out of the hat is it.
      • It may be redundant, but make sure you double-box the piece when you send it.
      • Don’t forget to sign the felt pad!
      • Last but not least, do not post pictures, not even in your gallery, before the person gets the piece. When you receive your piece, please acknowledge it right away in the thread (I’ll create one separately from the sign-up thread). If you can, post pictures. If you can’t, mention it, and the person who painted it will more than probably be happy to post pictures.

And finally, everyone is welcome! Don’t be shy – if you want to participate, please do. I cherish all of my swap pieces and 2 of them were from first time painters – they were painted for me and fit right at home with the others, including the one by Melody!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

MandBsMom
      Participant

I feel like I’m hardly on the forum with this new job, but I did just send in my entry for the swap. Gotta stay sane by doing something fun!

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Amstaff
        Participant

Oh goodie ! I’ll send in my info later on tonight since I’m currently at work. I gotta think of what I would want hrrmmmmm…..

So excited !

k laundry2011 and I have both entered

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
          www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
          Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Natasha
          Participant

I can’t wait to paint again! I learned so much on my last project. Thanks for setting this up!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
            ANY Red Eyed Unis
            ANY Test Paint Bat
            UNIS:
            The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
            Male- Snow Leopard TP
            White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
            Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
            Mother: Okapi
            Gothic - Mahogany
            PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
            DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Pegasi1978
            Participant

Now that dates have been announced I’m in a quandary over whether or not to sign up. May 14 is when baby boy number three is due and I wonder if I’d be able to finish in time. What to do?

Bodine
              Participant

Count me in

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

dragonmedley
                Participant

Now that dates have been announced I’m in a quandary over whether or not to sign up. May 14 is when baby boy number three is due and I wonder if I’d be able to finish in time. What to do?

Hmmm… were his siblings on time, early or late? That might help!

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

Both older boys were right on time.

dragonmedley
                    Participant

Both older boys were right on time.

then… I dunno!

You know yourself and how you feel during these last weeks. If you really want to participate, I’m sure whoever you’re painting for will be ok with receiving their piece a bit later if no one can get to the post office for you on D-day (or should I say B-day?)

dragonmedley
                      Participant

Buuuuuump!

c’mon… 🙂

wolflodge100
                        Participant

I tried to email you but it got returned.

wolflodge100
                          Participant

Tried again from my phone, let me know if you got it. Thanks!

dragonmedley
                            Participant

Tried again from my phone, let me know if you got it. Thanks!

Got it this time 🙂

I have responded to all the emails I received. If you sent in an email to sign up and haven’t heard back from me, I didn’t get it.

Kujacker
                              Participant

I have luck for once. Almost missed it. I’ll send my standard email in.
                                Edit: sent

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.