fbpx

KoiPYO's Batch5: 2 new Keepers pg.47

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone KoiPYO's Batch5: 2 new Keepers pg.47

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 722 total)
  • Author
    KoishiiKitty
    Participant

Galactia

Galactia, the Guardian of Deep Space. She was to encompass the wonder colors of the UV spectrum, galactic radiation and the affect if plasma being jettisoned into the void of darkness, or colliding into the magnetic field of another planet. The huge scope of colors we see in wonderful photos from such telescopes as the Hubble. This was exciting with tons of options..but one main point stuck in my head. The dragon had to look female.

So I ended up pulling from my favorite Nebula and Galaxy photos and tried to combine a flowing interlocking rainbow pattern that would make the viewer just stair and wonder over the dragon with out getting bored for hours.(possibly an un-achievable goal, but i gave it a shot any way)

She is painted the same way with metallic pigments and interference, and also has the same camera issues, so again, detail shots.

dragonmedley
      Participant

I can’t decide which one I like best…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

KoishiiKitty
        Participant

And finaly both the dragons together. LadyFireBird actualy has a story for how they meet eachother and end up falling in love. If you poke at her some, maybe she will post it 🙂

and this one shows them with normal lighting out in the open, thier colors just look so pretty in that spot!

and a sneek peak. I repainting one of my little dragons. He is going to be completely UV freindly, totaly ready to light up:

and another peak at the griffin. My sister is finishing the wings:

Oceanus is breathtaking. I love the color palette. Lady Firebird is so lucky to have these! At first I was imagining Galactia with more black but it was a pleasant surprise. Very stunning!

I notice that a lot of your PYOs are very dark overall, such as these two. Are you using just black to antique them to give them that look?

machineguts
          Participant

Koishii, I am at a loss for words. Your work never ceases to amaze me. I can only hope to be able to paint as beautifully as you! Thank you so much for sharing these with us. The dragons are spectacular of course, and I love your choice of eye color for Galatica. And that griffin! I am in love with those colors and markings. Truly you are a very gifted artist. 🙂

Adaneth
            Participant

Oceanus is simply exquisite! 😀

KoishiiKitty
              Participant

Thanks every one! I really loved doing these two.
                Mgutze, you got some awesome painting skillz and i KNOW your imagination for colors is just insane.

daydreamer wrote:

Oceanus is breathtaking. I love the color palette. Lady Firebird is so lucky to have these! At first I was imagining Galactia with more black but it was a pleasant surprise. Very stunning!

I notice that a lot of your PYOs are very dark overall, such as these two. Are you using just black to antique them to give them that look?

Yes, most of my work is very dark.

the antiquing varies and currently i do a lot of experimenting. In the case of these two i did use a lot of black. These were rescue pieces so they had a black base, then i applied metalic colors, powders of that, interference, brushed black over that, then added more powders.

Other pieces i will use other colors for the antiquing. or over lay a lighter color to give an impression of antiquing.

My normal coloring style when working with digital art and traditional involved a pallete of very dark and saturated colors pretty consistantly, so this ends up bleeding heavily over into painting the pyo’s. It is more natural for my to use dark shcemes and a REAL challenge for me to use lighter ones.

Mmloda
                Participant

I LOVE OCEANUS….. 😉 and the small PYO dragon… 😉

That Griffin is stunning as well… 🙂

Marzena

Wow they’re so gorgeous! I love how they have a dark or muted rainbow coloration. So colorful and rich, but slightly subdued. Beautiful!

LadyFirebird
                  Participant

All I can say is WOW 😮 ! When I first got these pyos I had this idea for them–but not being a real good painter I wanted to commission someone who knew what they were doing. I had seen Koishii’s Spectrolite and fell in love with that–pretty much same concept with a black base. So I ran the idea past her and she could see it! I do come up with interesting themes and I ususally can pin point the artist whose style would most compliment what I have in mind. I have to say that I picked the right artist for this one!!! Wouldn’t you all agree?!! 😀 Also I wanted the project to be fun–wish I could have someone make my job fun! I feel that when an artist is give an idea and artistic freedom to interpret that idea, the end result is awesome! I even let Koishii name them–figured she would be working on them and a name would pop into her head. Interestingly, the name ‘Galactia’ came to me as well for the female!

I have to finish paying her so I’ll probably get these next month some time. Meanwhile, she can enjoy them! Why not—a job well done so she should be able to bathe in their beauty for a little bit longer! 😀

Also—I have an idea for a painting and have already contacted the appropriate artist for that. I hope to start that next month, when I have paid everyone else off. So stay tuned folks–it’s far from being over! 😀

bayoudragon
                    Participant

Wow, all I can say is wow! 😮 Those are truly beautiful. Very nice indeed! 🙂

siberakh1
                      Participant

Very nice! I Galactia the best, but both are very pretty. The little UV guy will look very cool when done (and I’m sure drag0nfeathers will approve in his brightness 8) ).

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

Oh my gosh I love EVERYTHING! 😀

So is that a fire tiger griffin collab? You did the body and your sister is doing the wings?

Got a busted Windstone?
                          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin
                          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

megamibabe16
                          Participant

Awesome!! Oceanus and Galactia look so cool together. I not sure which one I like more. Oceanus colors are like a blend from the surface of the ocean all the way to the depths. Galactia has all of the colors of a nebula. More multi-colored beauties. I like the griffin too.

PurpleTurtle
                            Participant

Those are all so beautiful. I love them all 😀 !

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 722 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.