fbpx

KoiPYO's Batch5: 2 new Keepers pg.47

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone KoiPYO's Batch5: 2 new Keepers pg.47

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 722 total)
  • Author
    PurpleTurtle
    Participant

Both of those PYOs are beautiful. Stunners, as always 😀 !

😮 you are SO talented. i am in awe!

machineguts
      Participant

Those are both absolutely gorgeous, Koishii! 😮

megamibabe16
        Participant

KoishiiKitty your work is puts me at a loss for words. You really have an amazing talent. All of your pieces are absolutely stunning, gorgeous, breath-taking, simply amazing. They are phenomenal and like you leave me speechless. Your eye for detail and might I add patience is astonishing. I have to say my favorite of all of your works so far is the Tropical Marbled Tiger Griffin. It made me want to pull out my card right then and there and go purchase a PYO Griffin for you to make a duplicate, even though I am thoroughly broke. 😳 It is just so beautiful. I really like your style, markings, and use of color. Everything is soo colorful whether or not it is made with light or dark paints. I am eagerly awaiting your newest work and ideas. 😀

KoishiiKitty
          Participant

thank you very much! that is such a wonderful comment! I really try to give it my best when I paint these and I try to use a verietry of color combinations and shades.

Pacific Dragon

this was a dragon originally painted by my sister. It never sold, we forgot what the name of it was but some one on the forum mentioned it looked like a tuna. So I grabbed him the other day and decided to work on him myself(that and we are just getting desperate for painting these things and have been scrounging around our minimal collections for unfinished pieces or pieces that never sold.)

I evened out his colors, changed the belly completely to a pearl with lots of interference, changed the sides so they had the same colors but not in the patter of tuna, and switched the placement of colors on the wings, while over all, trying to stick to my sisters original color pallet.
            He does have interference, and unlike the pieces I normally paint, he is a lot lighter in range. He will be for sale in a while.
            He still has that fishy look, so his name is now Pacific. His tail holds a piece of sea glass.

Maria
            Participant

Those colors work so well together. Very nice.

machineguts
              Participant

He’s beautiul, Koishii! <3

Adaneth
                Participant

Lovely work. I really like the shading on his flanks. 🙂

do you use airbrush at all or just regular brush?

KoishiiKitty
                  Participant

Thank you every one!

daydreamer wrote:

do you use airbrush at all or just regular brush?

When I paint, I use an airbrush for the base colors only. this is to get an even coating of paint and make sure all the sculpt is covered. it saves on looking for pesky white spots..
                    that is about 5 percent of the painting.

the finished look you see is achieved all by painting with a brush, which takes hours to do. I have two keepers here that are going on two weeks of work each.

KoishiiKitty
                    Participant

here is what the dragon originaly looked like and i found out she called him Seafoam, which funnily, I also had thought of:

By toshiami, shot with NIKON D40X at 2008-08-15

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

What a difference!

machineguts
                        Participant

Indeed, a huge difference!

megamibabe16
                          Participant

Seafoam and Pacific look completely different. I really like Pacific. The colors are light, calm and blend well with each other.

KoishiiKitty
                            Participant

Bear with me here for a bit, I have a lot of photos so I am going to break them up into a couple posts.

LadyFireBird sent me two Keepers to paint for her. One she wanted a theme of Guardian of Deep Ocean and Guardian of Deep Space. She gave me free reign with the color use, how ever I intemperate these themes on the dragons. This was a whole lot of fun as it involved two aspects of the natural universe that I love. Water and Space. I have a strong affinity especialy for all things water though so this Deep Ocean was a fun challenge.

I pulled out my books of the Universe, photos from variouse tellescopes. Photos of galaxies, Nebula, Stars, Super Novas. In a lovely spectral of multi colored layers. And a book I have from Cousteau on the worlds OCean.

So here are Oceanus and Galactia.
                              ___________________________________________________________________

Oceanus

Oceanus emerged slowly. I am closely familier with the ocea, both being on blue water for whale watching, and beach combing regularely. First hand I have gotten to see the ocean and its colors in variouse settings; Windy, Sunny, Stormy, Night. As well as my sister sailing on a tall ship. I’ve done lots of research through the years, watching documentaries on the ecosystems and critters in the ocean depths, shallow seas, and coral reefs. There is an abumndance of colors to use.

For the theme of deep ocean, I wanted to give a very dark almost murky look that shows color when the light hits it. Deep greens, blues, and burnt coppers(if you have ever seen kelp out on the ocean, it can have a coppery brown look.) His feet and tail show a deep purple blue, with his scales being ligned with a silvery blue, the affect of bioluminesence and moonlight on the water. His belly shows a deep purple blue./

He was painted using mostly just metalic pigments and interference.
                              Now, I tried to take some good detail shot because the camera some times groups colors together to look like one solid color,(blues can look purple, greens can look blue). There is a lot of veriety of color and shades. Also, some moniters might make the colors look tweaked, brighter, darker.

so here he is:

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 722 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.