fbpx

KoiPYO's Batch5: 2 new Keepers pg.47

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone KoiPYO's Batch5: 2 new Keepers pg.47

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 722 total)
  • Author

I’m speechless at the sight of this. You’re incredible and your works are truly phenomenal! I like Spectrolite too and have been attempting a piece based on it but there’s no way it compares, lol.

I’m simply blown away by your work!!

Hey Koishi you should be an official painter for Windstone. Your work is just fantastic!
    That keeper is breath-taking.

bayoudragon
    Participant

Need to put my eyes back in their sockets!! o_O

GORGEOUS!!

Heather
      Participant

Very nice! 😀 What a great use for the powders, and a great combination of colors. You just keep pushing that painting envelope–wonderful! 🙂

PurpleTurtle
        Participant

Dragons4Life wrote:

Hey Koishi you should be an official painter for Windstone. Your work is just fantastic!
          That keeper is breath-taking.

I totally agree! You work is absolutely stunning!

KoishiiKitty
          Participant

thank you every one! I just got back from camping.
            you guys leave such nice comments, thank you!!!!

yeah, he definately is different, you have to see him in person to really get to see all his colors.

Syn
            Participant

Another beauty; but then, aren’t they all? 🙂

I understand from your description that they are difficult to work with, but please explain to a non painter: Would powders look different to me, and feel different to me, than normal paint? Is the darker coloring due to the lighting, the powders, or the actual colors used? 😕

I have never heard of powder paint before. I have visions of you painting while powder is flying around the Keeper like flour being blown into the air. 🙂 8)

KoishiiKitty
              Participant

syn789 wrote:

Another beauty; but then, aren’t they all? 🙂

I understand from your description that they are difficult to work with, but please explain to a non painter: Would powders look different to me, and feel different to me, than normal paint? Is the darker coloring due to the lighting, the powders, or the actual colors used? 😕

I have never heard of powder paint before. I have visions of you painting while powder is flying around the Keeper like flour being blown into the air. 🙂 8)

This is a tricky one to answer.
                Firstly, the powders i used were not powder “paint” but metalic flakes crushed into a powder like substance.

the difference between metalic powder and metalic paint:
                Metalic paint HAS metalic flakes in it…BUT also, the peint gell that suspends these flakes is often tinted with color. because of this, when i apply multiple layers, the color in the paint covers the prior layer, tinting it.

Metalic powders are aplied with a clear gell so the color of the metalic flakes do not get tinted by paint. I can apply more colors to a single scale and get a stronger color transition this way. ( i hope that makes sense)
                I’ve tried this look before with paints, on a dragon called the Black Pearl, and I got close but the powders really let me do more with applying multiple layers of colors i feel.

The look and feel is the same as paint. very smooth looking. the only difference is the ammount of different colors that show up when turning it, viewing it in different light.

YES, he REALLY is that dark. He has a very dark complexion and with little lighting almost looks like a grey black. But when light hits him you get this flash of metalic color. he has a very stone look. I wanted a very dark look with color that just seemed to emerge out of the darkness. it is hard to describe his look.
                I’d love to see him in some special lighting. there are just a lot of colors the photos did not pick up on.

I hope that explains it! please feel free to ask any other questions you may have.

spectrolite <3 you know I'm a fan X3

I love it so much *_* alas, no money…I hope you get it’s true worth Koishii <3

black light? xDDDDD

www.nakaseart.com

Syn
                Participant

A very good explanation, Professor Koi. 8) I actually understand it. 8) 8)

Hmmm…..might be an idea here for some supplemental income. 😀

machineguts
                  Participant

Gah, Your PYOs are SPECTACULAR Koishii! This is the first time
                    I’ve seen them! Now I know why, since Windstone doesn’t allow pieces
                    to be uploaded on other sites. Girl you can paint! <3

KoishiiKitty
                    Participant

thank you Mgutz!! :3

KoishiiKitty
                      Participant

From the depths of packing peanuts! Lost for a year and found again!

This guy was from a trade that fell through and is what my first pyo’s looked like, he was one of the first generations of dragons i did. Painted after an ocean storm…but I could not find a posting on him here or remember what his name was! he has no name on his felt pack and in fact I think i gave my trader the option of naming him…which never occured.
                        So I named him Ocean Squal. He reminds me of the storms with bright sunlight breaking through. A cold front storm on the ocean.
                        this fella has attitude! I would too being in a box for so long!

I put him up in the flea market:

PurpleTurtle
                        Participant

Ooooo! He’s very purty. I NEED you paint me a dragon – someday…..

machineguts
                          Participant

Pm’ed you, Koishii! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 722 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.