fbpx

KoiPYO's Batch5: 2 new Keepers pg.47

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone KoiPYO's Batch5: 2 new Keepers pg.47

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 722 total)
  • Author
    KoishiiKitty
    Participant

Barrdwing wrote:

Koishii, he’s MARVELOUS! 😀 😀 I love the way you combined the colors on his hackles and the ruff at his throat, and the way they look against the rest of his colors. You’ve come up with some hues I didn’t know existed, like that dark brown-green that looks just exquisite against the turquoise. That is some masterful spotting on his wings, and I love the transition of colors on his shoulders. The shading is fabulous, and the reds that you’ve achieved here are just beautiful. He reminds me of a really bright Navajo blanket. I love him! 😀

I started the whole thing with a brown orange and tan belly..(my sister suggested a desert theme) and so on the back haunch i did a red stripe and blended it into the brown. I used the brown to darken areas that i wanted darker but did not know what colors i was going to use yet….so the neck feathers and the head got a few coatings of brown, then i did red over the brown on the head and orange going into the brown on the neck feathers. this really got some interesting burnt tones in there as the paint uneavenly over laps. Then at the botom of the neck feathers i used purple, which very nicely blent into the burn oranges and reds.

i did the same thing with his arm feathers, using dark brown and mixing forest green with it…I also mixed just a little of this metalic moss green so it gives it just a small interference look.

I used this oxodised interference that golden has for the orange side feathers. It is like a orange color with red metalic in it so it gives this really cool suttle sheen but keeps the orange vibrant.

those wing dots actually have green interference on them. you can barely see it but it looks pretty cool.

I know you are sitting there going,” How in the world did she do that with those colors???” rofl.

Heather
      Participant

Yeah, pretty much! 😯 😆 I can sort of see how those transitions would have worked, but good grief I’d never have thought of any of that. You are really good with color!

I’ve had a couple of PYOs now evolve unexpected color modifications, and it makes me want to experiment more. I still have so much to learn that I’m not very gutsy yet, but each PYO teaches me something new and I’m learning to be more patient with the “process” of developing colors and patterns. Then I look at your pieces and go “WOW! So that’s how it’s supposed to work!” 😀

Mmloda
        Participant

He’s handsome… 😉
          I Love the colors… 😀

Marzena

Amanda
          Participant

Oh wow he’s very pretty! I love all those colors together, I would never think to do something like that!

BDW
            Participant

😯 WOW!
              you must have every type of feathers painted on him…he looks great! 😀

Is this your first griffin? I don’t remember you painting one before.

Maria
              Participant

No, she’s painted at least one before. Way cool, Koishii.

2 before. That Griff is awesome Koishii! 😀
                I asked if she had done Griffins before, and she said 2. They were both beautiful too. *said whistfully* 😉 😆

KoishiiKitty
                Participant

Sapphire Emerald

This one is for Kgronski. This is actualy a duplicate of the one that broke earlier, with some slight modifications.

it has a variation of greens, with the scales neer the belly almost shining gold. he looks pretty cool on the shelf.

Beautiful Dragon Koishii!!! 😀

twindragonsmum
                  Participant

😯 Gorgeous! ‘Course I don’t think you’ve painted a dragon that I haven’t liked! lucky, lucky kgronski…

tdm

Stephanie
                    Participant

Soooo prety! 😀

I like those colors together, they look really cool!

Jasmine
                      Participant

Just lovely. I really do need one from you someday… 🙄

I love it… I know the feeling Jasmine, but, in my case it’s I need more. They are very addictive. 😆

BlueDragon
                        Participant

Whoa! How pretty! Really nice colors together 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 722 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.