fbpx

KitsuneLady's PYOs (WIP Kirin p.23)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone KitsuneLady's PYOs (WIP Kirin p.23)

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 347 total)
  • Author
    Mmloda
    Participant

Those bubbles look really cool on that ki rin, can’t wait to see him done… 😉

Marzena

Laurie
      Participant

I hate you people who do pretties I want when I’m broke!!!! 🙄 😳 😉

kitsunelady
        Participant

Sorry D: ?!

This one would be really easy for me to replicate though? Hmm…I wish I had some hot pink or florescent green eyes…

I’m glad you guys like it so far! =D

Stephanie
          Participant

The tiger eye is beautiful and that new one should look really cool when you are finished with it!

Maria
            Participant

Oi, that’s going to look niiice. 🙂

kitsunelady
              Participant

It’s so quiet in here, and I’m bored. Here’s another picture of my WIP candy kirin. =D I’d drawn on the circles on the left side with a marker (same way I did the right). After doing that, I filled those circles in (with my little airbrush) with rainbow colors starting with pinky red at the top, working my way down to purple at the bottom. After that dried, I outlined them with straight Payne’s Gray using a teeny little brush…then ‘inlined’ (how else can I say it?) that with the silver version of that gold pen we all use to touch up gold spots on Windstones. I forget the name of it…

Here’s a picture of my evil little airbrush. It was not cheap, but I like it quite a lot. I use a regular double-action siphon-feed Paasche for spraying on a basecoat/any large area covering, and this thing for detail work.

That’s paint on my thumb. = I hate wearing gloves. But I do wear a mask.

Eh, anyways…at this point, I need to mask over the scales and get his fur done up…I think I might actually go with white. But I’m having a tough time with deciding. Any thoughts? Suggestions as to what color I might use to antique the scales would be nice, while we’re at it. =D

Laurie
                Participant

ooooo, you’re so mean!! 😉

Adaneth
                  Participant

That silver pen ‘inlining’ really makes it come alive! Looking forward to seeing it complete. 🙂

Stephanie
                    Participant

That looks fantastic!

kitsunelady
                      Participant

Thanks guys. =D

I like this one so far! Bright and colorful, very eyecatching 🙂

Angie
                        Participant

kitsunelady wrote:

I need to mask over the scales and get his fur done up…I think I might actually go with white. But I’m having a tough time with deciding. Any thoughts? Suggestions as to what color I might use to antique the scales would be nice, while we’re at it. =D

Looks great! I think I like the white fur on it, like you said. Something really light and pastel-y, anyway. As for the antiquing…hmm. You need something that won’t detract from the brightness/colorfulness – maybe something on the reddish side, like a deep fuschia?

PurpleTurtle
                          Participant

Or maybe something more subtle – like pink or very light yellow. It’s hard to antique white and keep it looking ‘white’ when your done. Very cute kirin, by the way. I can’t wait to see her done 😀 . She’ll look cool whatever you decide 😉 .

kitsunelady
                            Participant

Hmm. Well, I could always just antique the scales, and not the fur. That’s what I did on the tigerseye kirin. e.e It worked out pretty well, I thought. And fuschia or magenta or something *does* sound pretty good for the scales…*rubs chin* :}

Maria
                              Participant

She’s looking better and better. Can’t wait to see her finished!

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 347 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.