fbpx

KitsuneLady's PYOs (WIP Kirin p.23)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone KitsuneLady's PYOs (WIP Kirin p.23)

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 347 total)
  • Author
    Amanda
    Participant

Oh wow he’s adorable! I love the blue eyes and ‘siamese’ look, even if you were going for something else!

kitsunelady
      Participant

siberakh1 wrote:

Very nice. I think the blue eyes throw me off from thinking tiger’s eye, but he is very pretty, regardless! Great job! πŸ™‚

You are so right. D: I tried the dark brown eyes, but they have this reddish tint to them that looked bad. The brown was close, but there was just enough of a difference from the straight Dark Umber I used to make it look weird. =(

Anyhoo, thanks for all the nice compliments guys! =D

dragonmedley
        Participant

I think he’s stunning. It’s hard to see the pattern on the head, though. As for the eyes, I like the blue; straw would probably have looked good with these colors too. The blue is a nice contrast, though, like the siamese cat, like Eleu said.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Lokie
          Participant

I think he looks nice. I wouldn’t have thought tigerseye immediately, but it’s nice to see your interpretation of that stone. His scales on his sides look kind of streaky. Is that just the way they photo or was that intentionally painted that way? Because I really like how those scales look; like mini tigerseye stones.

Maria
            Participant

Lovely. Your stone-inspired kirins are wonderful.

kitsunelady
              Participant

Lokie wrote:

I think he looks nice. I wouldn’t have thought tigerseye immediately, but it’s nice to see your interpretation of that stone. His scales on his sides look kind of streaky. Is that just the way they photo or was that intentionally painted that way? Because I really like how those scales look; like mini tigerseye stones.

Yeah, that was on purpose. πŸ˜€ My attempt at creating the stripey chatoyance of tigerseye. I took a couple of pics in the sun so you guys could see it better!

The stripes on the head I left light because I wasn’t sure I liked them. >.>; You can only see them at a certain angle, as you can tell from these two pictures…where they’re invisible. πŸ˜€

Katherine
                Participant

Oh so pretty! πŸ˜€

siberakh1
                  Participant

Those pictures do help. I definitely see the chatoyance now. That is the biggest indicator of tiger’s eye. Very nice! πŸ™‚

The sun really brings out the best in this coloring. I can definately see the tiger eye now. Very nice!

twindragonsmum
                    Participant

Beautifully done!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Jasmine
                      Participant

Very neat!!

PurpleTurtle
                        Participant

Oh my, he’s very lovely. I think he’s one of my favorite Kirins from you to date πŸ˜‰ .

kitsunelady
                          Participant

Well, I know I just posted the tigerseye kirin, but I already started on another. πŸ˜€ It’s going a little more quickly b/c it’s basically practice with my airbrush! Nowhere near done, but I couldn’t resist taking a picture~

I decided to do something cutesy this time. <3

Leigha
                            Participant

Bubbles? ^^

kitsunelady
                              Participant

Leigha wrote:

Bubbles? ^^

I was thinking something like that. XD Candy rain, gumdrop, rainbow bubble? I haven’t decided on a name yet. o.o

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 347 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.