Kinglet name question

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Kinglet name question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ForestDragon
    Participant

ForestDragon
      Participant

Is “Kinglet” in reference to hatching baby dragon sculptures copyrighted to Windstone Editions? I ran across three hatching dragon sculptures on Ebay (which look nothing like yours, btw) that are labeled as hatching Kinglets. Just wondering if it needed to be reported. Folks on the other forum didn’t know the answer. ๐Ÿ˜•

WolfenMachine
        Participant

Actually this was discussed once before. If I remember correctly, after naming the Hatching Emperor and Hatching Empress, the name Kinglet was made up, but as a coincidence, it is a real word. Let me wander off and see if I can find the topic

Jennifer
          Keymaster

WolfenMachine wrote:

Actually this was discussed once before. If I remember correctly, after naming the Hatching Emperor and Hatching Empress, the name Kinglet was made up, but as a coincidence, it is a real word. Let me wander off and see if I can find the topic

Thank you for helping. I can’t remember and my mind has been elsewhere lately. I know there are species of birds called Kinglets but I have no idea if the word is trademarked in conjunction with a dragon statue for Windstone.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

ForestDragon
            Participant

It’s actually funny that you mention the birds because yesterday I spotted a pair of golden crowned kinglets on a tree outside my house! They are so freaking cute! They moved too fast for me to get a photo but there are pics on the web. ๐Ÿ˜€

Melody
              Keymaster

ForestDragon wrote:

Is “Kinglet” in reference to hatching baby dragon sculptures copyrighted to Windstone Editions? I ran across three hatching dragon sculptures on Ebay (which look nothing like yours, btw) that are labeled as hatching Kinglets. Just wondering if it needed to be reported. Folks on the other forum didn’t know the answer. ๐Ÿ˜•

I don’t think we trademarked that name so I don’t think there is anything we can do about it, but I will ask John. It is possible that a very similar product that blatantly copies a name to confuse buyers would still be infringement. Gad, I am sick of that word!!
                “Kinglet” just means “little King”, we didn’t make it up.
                (We also had some Kinglet birds nesting on our front porch in California. They are really nice little birds, and they are little kings in personality!)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.