kind of a help/grumble…

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback kind of a help/grumble…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

because of my “new seller” status on eBay, PayPal is withholding funds from my account as “pending”, therefore making it difficult to mail the items- I’m not rich, I haven’t got extra money, so I have to wait to get the funds into my account to mail the items. Is there any way around this? I’ve used PayPal for years, and I’ve never run into this issue.

siberakh1
    Participant

dandelion wrote:

because of my “new seller” status on eBay, PayPal is withholding funds from my account as “pending”, therefore making it difficult to mail the items- I’m not rich, I haven’t got extra money, so I have to wait to get the funds into my account to mail the items. Is there any way around this? I’ve used PayPal for years, and I’ve never run into this issue.

Hi! Unfortunately, there really isn’t a way around it. The only way the funds get put into your account is if the buyer gives you positive feedback, or I believe it’s something like 21 days that have passed. It’s something newish that they have started doing as a ‘protection’ to the seller, but it doesn’t help the buyers using that money to ship an item. Makes it worse that Ebay owns paypal, if I recall correctly. 🙁

thanks for the reply. How am I supposed to get good feedback if I can’t immediately ship the item?? (rhetorical question.) ughhh. I’m so sorry, my sweet precious buyers!! I don’t mean to make you wait! 🙁

Lokie
      Participant

You are expected to ship the item once the buyer pays even if the payment is being held (Section 34). Paypal is holding the payment so new or sellers with strikes/excessive negatives can’t “take the money and run”, so to speak. Before this policy, Paypal would have to returns funds to buyers (per Ebay’s and Paypal’s Buyer Protection) while unable to recoup the losses from sellers who cleaned out their Paypal accounts. Now if a problem arises in 21 days and the buyer opens a dispute, claim, charge back, etc, Paypal has the funds available from your account to refund these disputes. If you wait the 21 days before shipping, you are circumventing Paypal’s security measure.

I’m not a fan of the policy myself, as I have under 100 feedback, and things I’ve sold over ~$100 gets held. And I must be pretty unlucky, because a lot of people don’t give me feedback so getting over the 100 hump is going to take forever. =( But I always ship when I sell even if the funds are held. Not just because it’s Ebay’s policy, but because if I don’t, waiting 21 days to ship an item has the potential to upset the customer, which can result in a negative feedback, resulting in more 21 day holds in the future even if I get past 100.

Not trying to tell you what to do- just trying to provide information. Your choice to hold on shipping, just know you can potentially upset the customer. But I can completely understand not having the funds to ship, I mean, that’s why people are usually selling, to get money in the first play. I use my CC to fund shipping. >.< I think the policy would be a little less silly if Paypal, at the very least, didn't hold the shipping portion of payments.

Anonymous

dandelion, definately get the items sold mailed off or you are without a doubt going to get negative feedback if ou dont ship for 21 days…………find the money to make postage and ship it off. I dont know how long its been since the buyer has paid, but write them to apologize and tell them you are sending it. That policy has to stink for new sellers, I didn’t know it existed :/ GOOD LUCK!!!

Lokie wrote:

You are expected to ship the item once the buyer pays even if the payment is being held (Section 34). Paypal is holding the payment so new or sellers with strikes/excessive negatives can’t “take the money and run”, so to speak. Before this policy, Paypal would have to returns funds to buyers (per Ebay’s and Paypal’s Buyer Protection) while unable to recoup the losses from sellers who cleaned out their Paypal accounts. Now if a problem arises in 21 days and the buyer opens a dispute, claim, charge back, etc, Paypal has the funds available from your account to refund these disputes. If you wait the 21 days before shipping, you are circumventing Paypal’s security measure.

I’m not a fan of the policy myself, as I have under 100 feedback, and things I’ve sold over ~$100 gets held. And I must be pretty unlucky, because a lot of people don’t give me feedback so getting over the 100 hump is going to take forever. =( But I always ship when I sell even if the funds are held. Not just because it’s Ebay’s policy, but because if I don’t, waiting 21 days to ship an item has the potential to upset the customer, which can result in a negative feedback, resulting in more 21 day holds in the future even if I get past 100.

Not trying to tell you what to do- just trying to provide information. Your choice to hold on shipping, just know you can potentially upset the customer. But I can completely understand not having the funds to ship, I mean, that’s why people are usually selling, to get money in the first play. I use my CC to fund shipping. >.< I think the policy would be a little less silly if Paypal, at the very least, didn't hold the shipping portion of payments.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.