Kays PYO's.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    KaytanaPhoenix
    Participant

I imagine my old thread is lost and gone, so I’m starting a new one. Will be uploading photos of past PYO’s while I work on new ones to post in the hopeful near future 🙂 These past ones will be in no particular order, lol, I don’t entirely remember what order I painted them in, haha!

Hope everyone enjoys them!

KaytanaPhoenix
      Participant

I’ll start with Hellfire. He was one of my first PYO’s and one of my favorites to date! He was done sometime in 2012. Someday I’ll paint my own since I sold this guy a few years ago now. (Spoiler: One of the pieces I am currently working on has similarities to this boy, I’m so excited about it, but dang those details! *giggle*) – Apologies for this post being photo heavy – I was and still am proud of this one and like showing all his details the best I can! lol.

(I carefully carved out a hole in his forehead for another gem. The inspiration for this dragon is Diablo from the video games (This was my *I’m excited!* for the Diablo 3 release, lol) so he needed his “Soul stone” – Also, I believe there were 5 shades of paint inside his nostrils! X.x I don’t highly recommend doing that unless you have a ton of patience! haha

(His horns/claws/scales are all shaded with the texture, they’re not carved, though the original buyer mentioned they thought they were until they got the dragon and saw it in person)

(Painting between the scales. Because why not?! hah)

Ela_Hara
        Participant

YAY! Such a Grand Inspiration! LOVE Hellfire! *Wink* Can’t Wait for his Sis! *Wink*Wink*

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
          Zeppard Adult Poads
          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

KaytanaPhoenix
          Participant

Haha! His Sis will hopefully fill in those shoes well! 😉 She definitely challenges me like he did! haha (*Shhh* I love it! but don’t tell anyone! *wink*nudge*) 🙂

tig3r06
            Participant

Ooh I really like the lava peeking through spots!

Kim
              Blocked

I love the detail you painted on the dragon like the horns and chest scales and lava spots too!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

KaytanaPhoenix
                Participant

Thanks guys! 🙂 This guy is by far the most detailed one I’ve done to date.. his “Sis” might be making a play for that title though, haha! We will see how she turns out when she’s all done! lol

Bodine
                  Participant

He is a beauty,love the horns.Awesome idea.Looking forward to more….finish your other projects, waiting to see😉

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                    (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                    Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Landipan
                    Participant

What a gorgeous dragon, I can’t wait to see the one you’re working on now!

*Formerly meowmix101
                      Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Rylorien
                      Participant

I always love looking at that piece. You really did a fantastic job with putting graphic textures on a smooth surface, giving them depth to look lifelike. And Diablo is a great reference. Too bad Malthael doesn’t really have much in terms of color variants to make as awesome of a dragon as Diablo does. >_>

KaytanaPhoenix
                        Participant

Thank You! 🙂 I’ve actually been planning a Malthael dragon some day! I need to get good photos of my small dragon “Creature” (Maybe I’ll post him next!) who is also inspired from Diablo, though from a super low level demon in the game, haha. But Creature all done gave me some ideas on how to work on a Malthael. It would be working with a lot of texture to really gain the look, he definitely wouldn’t be as notable as Hellfire, lol, But I hope he will still be pretty! I was smart enough to keep Creature for myself! (A relatively recent piece, but the first PYO I kept for myself, haha!) So maybe one day I’ll have a whole Diablo collection! hehe

Bodine
                          Participant

I did one very similar to yours.I was watching the Hobbit when I painted mine.

KaytanaPhoenix
                            Participant

I could see that being good inspiration! You will have to show me that one sometime, I’d love to see it! Someone should do a Smaug!

–That would be a fun thing (Warning: Left field thought! 😂) A themed swap, where everything is inspired from a movie!

Stephanie
                              Participant

I remember Hellfire!  Always loved him.  😀

Bodine
                                Participant

That’s a good idea 😀It is spring,time for spring swap.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.