fbpx

Just Rewards for someone ‘trying’ to profit off others!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Just Rewards for someone ‘trying’ to profit off others!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Ela_Hara
    Participant

HaHa! Just Rewards! Amazon and eBay shut this, and other profiteering sellers, down! Good for them….
      I saw this article and had to post it! I hope others looking to profit get their just rewards too!

He Has 17,700 Bottles of Hand Sanitizer and Nowhere to Sell Them
      Article By Jack Nicas
      The New York TimesMarch 14, 2020, 12:21 PM EDT

On March 1, the day after the first coronavirus death in the United States, brothers Matt and Noah Colvin set out in a silver SUV to pick up some hand sanitizer. Driving around Chattanooga, Tennessee, they hit a Dollar Tree, then a Walmart, a Staples and a Home Depot. At each store, they cleaned out the shelves.
      Over the next three days, Noah Colvin took a 1,300-mile road trip across Tennessee and into Kentucky, filling a U-Haul truck with thousands of bottles of hand sanitizer and thousands of packs of antibacterial wipes, mostly from “little hole-in-the-wall dollar stores in the backwoods,” his brother said. “The major metro areas were cleaned out.”
      Matt Colvin stayed home near Chattanooga, preparing for pallets of even more wipes and sanitizer he had ordered, and starting to list them on Amazon. Colvin said he had posted 300 bottles of hand sanitizer and immediately sold them all for between $8 and $70 each, multiples higher than what he had bought them for. To him, “it was crazy money.” To many others, it was profiteering from a pandemic.
      The next day, Amazon pulled his items and thousands of other listings for sanitizer, wipes and face masks. The company suspended some of the sellers behind the listings and warned many others that if they kept running up prices, they’d lose their accounts. EBay soon followed with even stricter measures, prohibiting any U.S. sales of masks or sanitizer.
      Now, while millions of people search in vain for hand sanitizer to protect themselves from the spread of the coronavirus, Colvin is sitting on 17,700 bottles of the stuff with little idea where to sell them.
      “It’s been a huge amount of whiplash,” he said. “From being in a situation where what I’ve got coming and going could potentially put my family in a really good place financially to ‘What the heck am I going to do with all of this?’”

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bodine
      Participant

Karma!heeheeheehee

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Ela_Hara
        Participant

I humbly suggest to that idiot that he finds his charity bone and donates his hoard of 17,700 bottles of sanitizer and wipes to the Red Cross or local hospitals and shelters. Maybe he can do some good for the Community and be remembered as a ‘Good’ person instead of a profiteering Scum.

Bodine
          Participant

That is exactly what I told Jeff.
            Redeem thyself fool.

Setsunawolf
            Participant

He should be ashamed of himself. There are people who may loose their lives so he can make a fast buck. I don’t mind capitalism but not when it costs lives and does harm to others. Good for karma biting him on the butt.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
              Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
              Sun Dragon Koi #3

Kim
              Blocked

Wow, I can’t believe some people do that, taking advantage of others in emergency situations, hoarding all the products people need just to deliberately profit off of it! They got what they deserved!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Ela_Hara
                Participant

I’m glad that Amazon and eBay are acting responsively and shutting down people like him.

Bodine
                  Participant

Here’s a flipside…tournament organizers here in Ms.are donating all the food that was to be served at all the cancelled events to shelters,food pantries and local neighborhoods.

StormDancer
                    Participant

I’m sorry, I don’t think he got what he deserved yet, although it’s a start. He (or anyone caught doing this) should get to do several months, at least as long as the pandemic lasts, of community service.

“It’s been a huge amount of whiplash,” he said. “From being in a situation where what I’ve got coming and going could potentially put my family in a really good place financially to ‘What the heck am I going to do with all of this?’”

Pffftt, He should be going door to door giving at least 2 bottles free of charge to each member in the communities that he took it from. The bottles bought online should be donated to local clinics or shelters.

If I had a kid who grew up into a person like this… they would be disowned. And I would be HIGHLY ashamed of myself to have brought someone up who thought that this was in any way acceptable behavior.

And kudos to Amazon and eBay for refusing to be a part of it.

Looking for:
                      "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Bodine
                      Participant

Maybe eBay hasn’t done quite enough yet?Go check clorox products.Ridiculous.

pipsxlch
                        Participant

He’s a buttmunch, but guess it’s the American way. May karma bite him in the wallet where it’ll hurt most. You see the same behavior after every hurricane.

If anyone here needs bleach and can’t find any, I cut through a pool products aisle at Walmart and they had plenty of pool chlorine bleach. All you need to do is cut it, it’s several times stronger than regular Clorox. It was $3 something a gallon.

etruscan
                          Participant

As a follow-up, there is this news story: “Brothers who hoarded 17,700 bottles of hand sanitizer forced to donate to charity”

https://www.today.com/news/brothers-who-hoarded-17-700-bottles-hand-sanitizer-forced-donate-t176028?cid=par-xfinity_20200316

Bodine
                            Participant

I was thinking,shipping Windstones.We have many floating about and this virus apparently has a 24hr life span in cardboard.So my thinking is anything that arrives here will sit outside on my porch for 2days before I touch it.Just a thought y’all.

tig3r06
                              Participant

I was thinking,shipping Windstones.We have many floating about and this virus apparently has a 24hr life span in cardboard.So my thinking is anything that arrives here will sit outside on my porch for 2days before I touch it.Just a thought y’all.

They actually still dont know alot about it. They’ve compared studies on similar viruses and 3-4 days is the average, as little as 2 hours with the longest being 9 days. And different types of surfaces affect the length of time. Again, this info is not for covid-19 as they dont know enough about it yet.
                                They are working on breeding the special genetic mice using genetic material that has been frozen since the last coronavirus use. Once there are enough mice then alot more studies can be done, and hopefully the mice work for this new virus.
                                I always wash my hands and clean surfaces after handling any mail. The same should be done for covid-19 just as would be done for the flu. Wash your hands alot and don’t touch your face. Social distance and stay home if you’re sick.

drag0nfeathers
                                Participant

I’ve seen this tons of times. I’m glad something finally happened to somebody. We always have that one customer who comes in before a hurricane and buys 10 generators so they can flip them for twice the price and then when they can’t they get returned after nobody needs them any more. It’s sad. Same thing with pumps during floods.

Got a busted Windstone?
                                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.