fbpx

Just for laughs

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Just for laughs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

I found this photo on my hard drive when digging for another one, and thought you guys would get a laugh out of it! These are all old test paints from April/May of 2006 when I was getting ready to write the tutorial and was testing different products on the PYO griffins.

There are… what, 10 in this photo?? There’d be more but I couldn’t fit any more up there! I’ve painted so many of these. πŸ˜† You can imagine that I was begging Melody for a ‘new shape’ after about the 24th griffin! πŸ˜‰

We used to joke that they would come alive at night and get us while we were sleeping…

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

LOL! They do look like they are plotting something πŸ˜†

I love the two on the far right (viewer’s right) in the front row and in the back the most. I know exactly how you feel painting so many of one shape though I haven’t painted half you have. I’m kinda sick of painting the griffin form myself, lol, even though I love it…I know that makes no sense but it’s just that I want to paint them but it just takes so many days until completion and I get anxious.

Yeah, I was hoping you would post pics. I like the 2nd one on the left side (blue and green) and the one behind it. So there isn’t anyway to sell these? Poor nam, surounded by griffins. πŸ˜†

Jennifer
        Keymaster

dragonessjade wrote:

Yeah, I was hoping you would post pics. I like the 2nd one on the left side (blue and green) and the one behind it. So there isn’t anyway to sell these? Poor nam, surounded by griffins. πŸ˜†

Windstone has most of them at the Factory now, I broke one accidentally, and one or two are stored away at the moment in my closet. I think Vantid adopted a few, though I know for sure she has the blue/green one second from the left in the front row. None of these are good enough to sell. πŸ™‚

Cool picture! I’d be willing to adopt any of them but especially the ones on either end of the front row! πŸ˜†

Maria
          Participant

Cool army! But I can really see how far you’ve come since those old pieces. What a difference!

They should give them to the forum memebers. Eh, eh?

Maria
            Participant

Sure. With a CoA to increase the value. πŸ˜€

Well if it was painted by Nam, that should make it worth more. πŸ˜€

Maria
              Participant

Of course! But signed with a CoA will make it even more so! πŸ˜›

Tis true, Tis true.

Jennifer
                Keymaster

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Cool army! But I can really see how far you’ve come since those old pieces. What a difference!

Thanks! But, most of these were ‘test’ paints, so I wasn’t going for detail or high quality. We just wanted to see what products did what on most of them, and how to teach people to antique, etc. πŸ™‚

Windstone has all but one or two of these (one got trashed after I broke him) and they belong to them as they were done on their time, so they are free to do with them whatever they want! πŸ™‚

Maria
                  Participant

Well, even if you weren’t going for detail, they still look neat. And if they belong to Windstone, Windstone could hand them out…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.