Just finished the Dark Tower series!

Home Forums Miscellany General Writing Discussion Just finished the Dark Tower series!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BipolarBear
    Participant

I would help but I am just to tired to get out of bed today~
      Engaged to a Weasel

BipolarBear
      Participant

I know many people have probably been upset by the ending but I really liked it and thought it made many things make sense. Besides Ka is a wheel is it not?

Engaged to a Weasel

lamortefille
        Participant

I have read many reviews and either people really like or really hate the ending. I hated it. 😑 πŸ˜† I am going to reread the series, though. I’m sure there were things I missed the first time around and it was a good read, right up until the end (for me).

I always thought I was the only person in the world to read the whole series. πŸ˜† My husband is a King fan, but couldn’t get past the first two books. He said they were too weird. I’m not sure how long ago I finished them, but I did buy the final book the day it came out and finished it greedily in a few days.

I was disappointed by the ending. It felt rushed, like he wanted to hurry up and get it over with. As I edged closer to the end I kept looking at how much was left and thinking “there’s no way this is gonna end with this book”.

I did enjoy the series so much that I’ve been listening to the audiobooks off audible. I was sad to say goodbye to Roland.

lamortefille
          Participant

My sister is a King fan, too and she hasn’t finished the series, either: -/ She turned me on to King and it kills me not to be able to discuss it with her. I give her a nudge every once in a while… πŸ˜†

Jasmine
            Participant

King weird?? No, can’t be. Isn’t everything he writes weird? πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

I felt he rushed the ending too. It was like he was tired of the story and just tacked on something to finish. And it was like one of those endings you have for kids, “and then he woke up and realized it was all a dream”.

But then I thought that there really wouldn’t have been an ending that really would have satisfied me…I don’t know if you understand what that means. After all that pain, after losing everyone…there would have been no ending that would have felt justified.

My second thought was, “Man, Susan and Jake and Eddie have to go through this all over again?”

Edit to try and express coherently what I’m trying to say.

BipolarBear
              Participant

Jasmine wrote:

King weird?? No, can’t be. Isn’t everything he writes weird? πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

I felt he rushed the ending too. It was like he was tired of the story and just tacked on something to finish. And it was like one of those endings you have for kids, “and then he woke up and realized it was all a dream”.

But then I thought that there really wouldn’t have been an ending that really would have satisfied me…I don’t know if you understand what that means. After all that pain, after losing everyone…there would have been no ending that would have felt justified.

My second thought was, “Man, Susan and Jake and Eddie have to go through this all over again?”

Edit to try and express coherently what I’m trying to say.

Well that’s what he said, the point is the journey not the end. Plus your rereading it is part of the point of the end *warning spoiler* in a book every time you read it the journey starts again. It’s static, but with the addition of the horn…mayhap this one isn’t so static. It’s much more fun to create in your imagination an entirely different journey with nuances from the first. Hence the creation of the fan fic. Plus it explains why the characters seem to KNOW that something is going to occur.

Engaged to a Weasel

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.