fbpx

Just Discovered Windstone And Excited To PYO

Home Forums Miscellany Introductory and Welcoming Area Just Discovered Windstone And Excited To PYO

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Val
    Participant

Howdy!

Was browsing random stuff on ebay and came across a Windstone. Fell in love with these beautiful sculpts!

My name is Val. My other interests include Breyer models, bjds, jewelry making/beading, sculpting, various other arts and crafts, sewing, cooking (have a huge cookbook collection), animal husbandry (currently raising chickens and rabbits, future plans for ball pythons), brewing/mead & wine making, rock hounding, antiques, rpgs, and so much more! 😆

I currently have zero Windstones. Can’t decide which sculpt I want for my first. They are all so lovely. Probably will be a PYO as they seem most affordable.

Have read the forum rules. Love how things here are set up to deter the toxicity I often see in other collector hobbies.

Peace and love.

Newbie, please be kind. ♥️

Lisa
      Participant

Welcome! I am also a newbie to the forum, everyone is very nice and helpful. I don’t know how you find the time to do all your hobbies! I’m impressed. 🙂 I bought my first Windstone (peacock mother dragon) as a teen but never got another until recently, when I started looking for a specific piece a friend of mine had bought at the same time as me (a brown griffin). And then they sucked me in and I can’t escape. LOL My collection is very small compared to some of these collecting wizards! Hope you enjoy the place.

Grail: Poad (achievement unlocked!) Am now on the hunt for almost any color scratching dragon

Val
        Participant

Hi Lisa!

I wouldn’t say I have time for all my hobbies, it’s more that I jump around between them all. Some go on hiatus periodically. LOL

Of course the animals are a constant thing, other than that it’s whatever I’m feeling at the moment. Did I mention I was recently diagnosed with adult ADHD? Which explains so much about me. 🤔

Thank you for the kind greeting. I look forward to learning more about these lovely critters. 😊

Megan
          Participant

Welcome, Val! Best of luck on your first PYO. They are a ton of fun to paint 🙂

Val
            Participant

Hi Megan!

Thank you for the warm welcome. 😊

Have you done many PYOs?

Bodine
              Participant

Welcome! I am a huge fan of painting pyos.Once and GOT CHA!😄I am looking forward to see what you do.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Ela_Hara
                Participant

Welcome!
                  I’m hoping to get back into painting PYOs after sorting stuff in the coming few months. Just retired at the end of 2021 so hopefully I can get back into them! Maybe even finish a few I started back in 2013 – 2016 …. LOL!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                  Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                  Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                  *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Val
                  Participant

Bodine and Ela_Hara, thank you for the kind welcome. Will you be taking part in the Fall PYO Swap? I just signed up, super excited! 😋

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.