fbpx

Just A Thought Inspired By Blue Morpho

Home Forums Miscellany Community Just A Thought Inspired By Blue Morpho

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Dragoneer_88
    Participant

Looking at the blue morpho fledge and marveling over the color scheme I had a thought. Wouldn’t it be cool to see the same kind of pattern, tints, and shades done in greens? I know there is a line of green dragons already, but I mean greens more liken to the blues on the blue morpho with darks and lights. Turquoise or dark forest-y greens with black and gold accents. Maybe I’m just bias because forest green is my favorite color. XP

Melody
      Keymaster

Looking at the blue morpho fledge and marveling over the color scheme I had a thought. Wouldn’t it be cool to see the same kind of pattern, tints, and shades done in greens? I know there is a line of green dragons already, but I mean greens more liken to the blues on the blue morpho with darks and lights. Turquoise or dark forest-y greens with black and gold accents. Maybe I’m just bias because forest green is my favorite color. XhP

I didn’t want to use green and blue together because it would look too much like the colors we have already have ( I agree, my favorite color too!)
        The blue morpho scheme fit the bill: to have a basic blue color, but one that was distinctly different from our other colors.
        I’ve done test paints that are similar to your description. A male griffin will probably be on ebay soon.

Dragoneer_88
        Participant

Looking at the blue morpho fledge and marveling over the color scheme I had a thought. Wouldn’t it be cool to see the same kind of pattern, tints, and shades done in greens? I know there is a line of green dragons already, but I mean greens more liken to the blues on the blue morpho with darks and lights. Turquoise or dark forest-y greens with black and gold accents. Maybe I’m just bias because forest green is my favorite color. XhP

I didn’t want to use green and blue together because it would look too much like the colors we have already have ( I agree, my favorite color too!)
          The blue morpho scheme fit the bill: to have a basic blue color, but one that was distinctly different from our other colors.
          I’ve done test paints that are similar to your description. A male griffin will probably be on ebay soon.

Ah, okay. I can’t wait to see that test paint. I bet it will be awesome as always. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll be watching for it.

I was also thinking about just greens. No blues. Maybe avocado-like greens. Yellow-greens like the inside color of an avocado on the belly and the dark green of a ripe avocado skin on shoulders (kinda like how the blue morpho is with the blues and still keep the black on the same spots.) Or even leafy spinach greens? Hmmmm, time for guacamole! Sorry, if this has been done before. I still consider myself a newbie.

pipsxlch
          Participant

Dragoneer_88, the color you’re describing sounds a lot like old green- the original old green more than the newer versions. (they don’t quite capture the avocado-meat yellow green on the ventral surfaces)
            They aren’t difficult to find in some sculpts, are in others, and were never made in many others- and never will be apparently. *is sad, it’s my favorite paint scheme*
            Though they don’t have the black markings or cool detailing.
             photo 100_0313.jpg
             photo 100_0329.jpg

A ‘new’ old green, not quite the same shades as an ‘old’ old green.
             photo 100_1495.jpg

etruscan
            Participant

I believe they are planning to paint the new sculpts in “Old Green” and Melody said “Maybe” on Rising Spectrals. Fingers crossed for that one!

Jennifer
              Keymaster

I believe they are planning to paint the new sculpts in “Old Green” and Melody said “Maybe” on Rising Spectrals. Fingers crossed for that one!

!! Did they find more Old Green Paint?

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

etruscan
                Participant

!! Did they find more Old Green Paint?

No, they would have to match it. Melody said, “If we haven’t officially retired a color on a particular dragon, we might paint them in old colors.Have we ever done old green Spectrals? I don’t think so, because we don’t have a lot of the original dark green paint. We do still have a couple jugs of the lighter green though, so I just need to copy the old dark green color and mix more.”

This was the whole thread from last October: http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/old-colors-new-dragons

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

I’m still hoping someday to see Old Green Old Warriors

I think this idea is pretty interesting too, but I’m thinking more of a spring/lime green and black! Like the test paint color we saw called Kiwi! Oh yea! THAT would be hot!

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Kim
                    Blocked

We have had Old Green and Emerald dragons so I think that is a good amount of green although I like the Green Bayou colour. But I would still really love to see pink dragons in all the sculpts!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

Awe! Pink Morpho would be so cute!

Got a busted Windstone?
                        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin
                        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

jmoore
                        Participant

Awe! Pink Morpho would be so cute!

Agreed!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Kim
                          Blocked

Pink Morpho would be awesome but then again anything pink would be awesome! Are there pink butterflies? I just looked it up and found pink moths! Has anyone ever seen a Rosy Maple Moth? Not only would that make an awesome production colour but that has got to be the cutest creature I have ever seen if you search images of it!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Stormbreeze
                            Participant

I think something like the blue morpho color could be done in red, maybe with silver accents instead of black. It would look like heated metal ๐Ÿ™‚ The color would be especially nice with blue eyes, too…

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.