fbpx

Jasmine's Tabby Tiger griff, pg 19

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Jasmine's Tabby Tiger griff, pg 19

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 290 total)
  • Author
    Arlla
    Participant

Well, I spent most of today doing the first stripey butt! 😀 Having done it once already, I think that, in general, it came out a bit better than the first one. Though the pattern of the stripes is different – I’m making the stripes up as I go on these guys.

I’m not sure yet if I’m going to do a few more stripey butts while I’ve got that groove on, or if I’m going to carry on working on the other bits of this one…

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
      -J R R Tolkien

Jennifer
      Keymaster

travistie wrote:

I was looking at some Golden interference paint the other day, but decided not to get any. The store I went to didn’t have the color I wanted… but the other colors were also like $17.00 a tube!

I missed this last month, but eek! Don’t get the tubes of acrylic paint (unless you also plan on using them for normal painting not on PYOs). The stuff in the tubes is real thick and you’ll have a bear of a time trying to brush it on smoothly- especially if it’s interference! For the Golden Interference paints I highly recommend getting them in the Fluid Golden Acrylic flavor- they come in little 1oz bottles and should be under $10/each. A little goes a long way. I have all of my interference 1oz tubes from April 2006 and am still using them, and you guys know I use the interference a lot, nearly every day! 😉

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Megan
        Participant

Arlla wrote:

I’m not sure yet if I’m going to do a few more stripey butts while I’ve got that groove on, or if I’m going to carry on working on the other bits of this one…

I like the stripey butt 8)

Purplecat
          Participant

OOOOoooooh, they are beautiful, I love the stripey butt too! Very cool. 8)

Arlla
            Participant

Nambroth wrote:

travistie wrote:

I was looking at some Golden interference paint the other day, but decided not to get any. The store I went to didn’t have the color I wanted… but the other colors were also like $17.00 a tube!

I missed this last month, but eek! Don’t get the tubes of acrylic paint (unless you also plan on using them for normal painting not on PYOs). The stuff in the tubes is real thick and you’ll have a bear of a time trying to brush it on smoothly- especially if it’s interference! For the Golden Interference paints I highly recommend getting them in the Fluid Golden Acrylic flavor- they come in little 1oz bottles and should be under $10/each. A little goes a long way. I have all of my interference 1oz tubes from April 2006 and am still using them, and you guys know I use the interference a lot, nearly every day! 😉

Yep! 😀 I’m still working on my original tiny tiny bottles of interference paints from last year, too. They last a looooong time.

-J R R Tolkien

lamortefille
              Participant

Yay! Tabby tigers in production: -)

Jasmine
                Participant

A Conga line of stripey tabby bottoms 😆 Can I get on the list for the next set?? Please, please, pretty please.

Arlla
                  Participant

Jasmine wrote:

A Conga line of stripey tabby bottoms 😆 Can I get on the list for the next set?? Please, please, pretty please.

XDXD Well, I can’t gaurantee there will BE a next set, but I’ll write you down in case there is, okay? 😉

-J R R Tolkien

Jasmine
                    Participant

Cool, thanks 🙂

Travistie
                      Participant

Nambroth wrote:

travistie wrote:

Thanks for the tip! Yeah, I don’t think I would buy any of those anyway. Too expensive for something I would not use a lot of. I’m just sticking with Folk Art paints for now, and may try interference later down the line.

Amber
                        Participant

It’s my first time in this thread, and I must say your Tiger Tabbys (and all your other PYOs I’ve seen) are gorgeous!! If you decide to do more at a later date, please put me on the list as an interested party – thanks!! 😀

Kujacker
                          Participant

ooo I love photos of in progress pieces… and I also love photos of people’s work space… so both XD They look great so far. I beat they’ll turn out just as great as your last one, if not better!

I do have a question though… since Folk Art paint was brought up. What’s the difference between Apple Barrel paint and Folk Art paint? I’ve seen them in stores and took note that they are made by the same company… but the Folk Art is twice as much as the Apple Barrel. Is Folk Art paint better or something? I’m a bit confused :S

Arlla
                            Participant

Kujacker wrote:

ooo I love photos of in progress pieces… and I also love photos of people’s work space… so both XD They look great so far. I beat they’ll turn out just as great as your last one, if not better!

I do have a question though… since Folk Art paint was brought up. What’s the difference between Apple Barrel paint and Folk Art paint? I’ve seen them in stores and took note that they are made by the same company… but the Folk Art is twice as much as the Apple Barrel. Is Folk Art paint better or something? I’m a bit confused :S

^_^ Thanks, I hope they do!
                              :/ Huh…I don’t know about the Folk Art/Apple Barrel question…

-J R R Tolkien

Arlla
                              Participant

sisterbiscuit wrote:

It’s my first time in this thread, and I must say your Tiger Tabbys (and all your other PYOs I’ve seen) are gorgeous!! If you decide to do more at a later date, please put me on the list as an interested party – thanks!! 😀

Aww, thanks!! ^_^ Got you on the list. Though as I mentioned before, can’t gaurantee another batch…we’ll see.

-J R R Tolkien

Arlla
                                Participant

BUTTS!!!!!

*huff huff**whew* MAN these dang stripes take a long time! >_< I'm trying not to think about doing a whole other group of four…eeeeeeek!!! 😉
                                  Sorry, btw, that I’m making such slow progress – life has been doing a great job of getting in the way this month. Things should move along more briskly for a couple weeks at least.

-J R R Tolkien

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 290 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.