fbpx

Issue With Ebay/Paypal Transaction and Buyer

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Issue With Ebay/Paypal Transaction and Buyer

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

I noticed a forum topic on here warning about a new forum member but when I try and click on it is says I am not authorized to look at it. Could whoever posted that message me and tell me what the issue is? I was messaging with a new member on here as well who had bought a piece from me off ebay before without a problem. She noticed I had another piece she liked and asked if she should buy it off ebay or through here and I told her through here, paid directly through paypal would be good to save on fees but before she saw that she bought it off ebay. She hadn’t paid yet though and said if I wanted to cancel it there, she would just pay directly through paypal instead. So I cancelled it there but messaged her here and she paid right away. I shipped it, gave her the tracking number over week ago and right now it’s in the US on the way to her.

I haven’t had any messages from her the last few days but I just got an email from paypal saying that she filed a chargeback with her credit card saying she didn’t authorize the payment on paypal for the fox and now there is a case open on paypal and they have deducted that money from my account and said I now have to provide evidence of what the money was for and if something was shipped to her. Well I do have the evidence here and the tracking number and I submitted it to paypal so am waiting to hear back on that but this has just been upsetting. I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and if so please message me and let me know who it was with and I can give you more info about my transaction. This is the first time this has happened to me and now I wish I had just left the transaction as is on ebay as this is the last thing I need to deal with this week as I have been stressed over other issues already!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Kim
      Blocked

Yeah not sure about the other thread. I am not concerned about being protected by ebay as paypal has their own protection and I did provide proof of shipping with the tracking number. Keep in mind most people on this forum who buy and sell through the classifieds are not using ebay but simply dealing directly with paypal and I have never had an issue with someone on here paying directly on paypal. I have has issues with some ebay buyers though so I actually trust people on here more. I am thinking it could have been a simple mistake that maybe the person forgot what the payment was for or didn’t check the tracking number on here but I won’t know until they write back and I have sent a few messages since then and had no reply. In the meantime paypal has the info they need and are reviewing it but the whole thing is just upsetting not knowing why someone would claim they didn’t authorize a payment especially when they bought off ebay from me before and received their item just fine.

rachelled
        Participant

Just thought I’d mention that I also get the “access denied” page. I’d like to know which user (or who to contact to find out which user!)

Kim
          Blocked

Well I see there is a post under classified ads explaining what happened, if that is true. I just hope it all gets sorted out because I already used the money I was paid and don’t have the money to pay paypal back now that my balance is showing a negative amount. The piece I sent looks like it will arrive today so she will have it and I can’t afford to lose that money on it.

I guess that’s why eBay warns of such back-door transactions…unfortunately you will not be protected by eBay because you went against their policy and technically, didn’t sell it through eBay.

The reason you can’t see that thread anymore is because is has been removed. Perhaps the topic/contents of the thread breached some kind of company Policy.

Lupuslunae
            Participant

You can still read it. Just search the topic title on google just within this site then look at the cached results.

Ann
              Participant

Oh no, sorry to hear this Kim. Hopefully PayPal will back you up. I hope you submitted copies of your correspondence too and her agreement to purchase. With such hard evidence, what was she thinking?

Betrluk1
                Participant

This topic has been addressed. it seems the buyers accoutn has been hacked. she already made a post on the forums and is working to fix the situation to any sellers involved.

Kim
                  Blocked

Well just as an update she still hasn’t messaged me back even though I saw her on here most of the night. I talked to paypal and they told me if someone files a chargeback with their credit card, paypal has no control over it and the credit card company investigates it and said it can sometimes take 2-3 months for them to make a decision on it. So in the meantime they basically told me my I would not be able to buy or sell anything else on ebay or paypal without making up the $98 negative balance on there now and that I may not be refunded the money at all. So after sending them my messages with all the evidence I have, for paypal to tell me that really upsets me even more. I told them I wasn’t waiting 2-3 months for something to clear up when I run a business on paypal and need to be able to buy and sell on there!

Well just as an update she still hasn’t messaged me back even though I saw her on here most of the night. I talked to paypal and they told me if someone files a chargeback with their credit card, paypal has no control over it and the credit card company investigates it and said it can sometimes take 2-3 months for them to make a decision on it. So in the meantime they basically told me my I would not be able to buy or sell anything else on ebay or paypal without making up the $98 negative balance on there now and that I may not be refunded the money at all. So after sending them my messages with all the evidence I have, for paypal to tell me that really upsets me even more. I told them I wasn’t waiting 2-3 months for something to clear up when I run a business on paypal and need to be able to buy and sell on there!

Oh wow! How awful! I’m so sorry this happened to you!

I had my identity stolen last year. Was the worst thing ever! My credit is forever ruined, despite following all the “fraud reporting” stuff I was given by the credit companies and banks. They even bought a ford mustang convertible, brand new with trimmings! Anyways. I am still in recovery mode. I lost my job in October, and am pending disability. My savings is tapped, and I’m struggling to get by, and have to sell my most prized things in the hopes of making ends meet. I have medical bills out the wazoo on top of it. So I feel for the person who’s accounts were hacked, and I feel for you as well, and the party affected by it. I can imagine how frustrating it is for you as well. It’s very overwhelming for the person who had their accounts compromised as well. Overwhelmingly so. (Especially trying to deal with it while sick, I can relate because of my cancer and MS). I hope everything works out for you, Kim! I really do! And I hope the person who was hacked can get things sorted quickly. (I, too, run a business where I take payment via PayPal. Really frustrating when PayPal gets hosed up, I’ve been there many times myself since the identity theft.)

Agh. I just wrote a novel, sorry! I was trying to express sympathy and empathy for both you and the person hacked. I hope I didn’t get annoying!

rock-reader
                    Participant

I just sent you a PM.

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

As this is a sensitive issue, especially since several financial institutions are involved (Paypal, credit card companies), please keep discussion on this topic to PMs. Thank you for understanding, and please know that I personally hope everything is resolved for everyone involved in a positive way!

Also please remember that if you see someone’s name as being “online” in the listing at the bottom of the forum, it does not mean that they are actually at their computer. Many people may leave their computer on with a browser full of tabs open (I am guilty of this). I am not trying to defend anyone, this is just general information to keep in mind.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                        My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.