fbpx

Is this a copyright violation?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Is this a copyright violation?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Patricia
    Participant

I just found this on ebay and that looks like the windstone pegasus in the pic to me. but I wasn’t sure about copyright with pictures. :scratch:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fairy-feeding-Pegasus-Photo-Art-Laser-Print-Matted-LtEd_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35877QQihZ015QQitemZ250262904217QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVWQQsalenotsupported

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Patricia
      Participant

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Patricia
        Participant

Opps, they have another one with a male dragon too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dragon-Baby-Egg-Photo-Art-Laser-Print-Matted-LtEd-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZQ7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a30QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14Q2el1262QQhashZitem3a44d4dd78QQitemZ250262904184QQptZLHQ5fDefaultDomainQ5f0QQsalenotsupported

Maria
          Participant

Yeah, I don’t think Windstone wants people selling photographs of their products. Have you informed John?

o_o omgosh that is so a copyright violation!
            not to mention in that second link with the dragons, that green dragon sculpt looks to be in violation aswell.

Someone send to John. 😡

www.nakaseart.com

Pegasi1978
            Participant

I seem to remember that first print (fairy feeding pegasus) came up once before. If I remember right from before, send it to John.

Azurielle
              Participant

Hey, I have that the same fairy that’s in the picture, as well. So I guess it’s 2 violations.

Keeper of the Fledgings

Melody
                Keymaster

Keplilly wrote:

I just found this on ebay and that looks like the windstone pegasus in the pic to me. but I wasn’t sure about copyright with pictures. :scratch:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fairy-feeding-Pegasus-Photo-Art-Laser-Print-Matted-LtEd_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35877QQihZ015QQitemZ250262904217QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVWQQsalenotsupportedYes, thanks for finding it!

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

It seems the seller is taking photos of their fantasy collectibles and selling them as prints. Possibly they don’t know any better! It’s hard to say.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

Starbreeze
                    Participant

I have the green hatching dragon in the dragon photo. So that’s definitely 3 violations. 😡

Patricia
                      Participant

I didn’t send it to John because I wasn’t sure but it looks to be taken care of now anyway. 🙂

PurpleTurtle
                        Participant

I can understand wanted to photograph one’s Windstones. I do it all the time – they seem to demand it. But it’s a little odd to sell the photos as original prints. It does seem to me this seller does’nt now any better, but who knows :shrug: …

Kujacker
                          Participant

“Purchase of print does not include reproduction rights.”

Lol. Buying a windstone doesn’t mean you have reproduction rights.

Christine
                            Participant

Yah that made me laugh!!! She obviously knows enough about copyright to tell people not to infringe on HER market–but has no qualms about infringing on someone else!

Taking photos of someone else’s copyrighted work and using it for your profit is a very clear violation of copyright.

drag0nfeathers
                              Participant

Oh wow, did that auction get pulled because it’s still listed

Got a busted Windstone?
                                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                Calypso Hatching Empress
                                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.