fbpx

Irene

Home Forums Miscellany Community Irene

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    darjeb
    Participant

I hope Irene missed everybody. It completely missed FL because I got the gas cans out of the attic and filled them in preparation of needing the generator. If I hadn’t of it would have hit SE FL. That is the way it always works for me.

WolfenMachine
      Participant

There is horrible flooding in the NE and a drought and raging wild fires in Texas and OK. I havent seen rain here in Houston but once since….June?

I hope everyone and their loved ones are okay. I saw on the news that some roads are cut in half like a hot knife through butter, by the waters and leaving some towns completely inaccesable by ground 🙁

Carolyn
        Participant

The beginning of huricane season . Another one coming . I hope it misses this country .

etruscan
          Participant

Irene came along the Atlantic coast here and we are quite a ways away on the Chesapeake Bay. Still had heavy rain and lots of trees down. Power lines were hit hard and some houses had trees fall on them – and some amazing misses! Even the community water system was affected, but they were able to work around it. We lost power on Saturday afternoon and started getting it back last night (Thursday). I got mine back this afternoon, and have debris down in the yard, but no damage to the house so I think I was fortunate. Things will be a mess for a while, BUT it could have been worse!

Puffpastryofdoom
            Participant

In the part of New Jersey that I live in, we got hit pretty bad. There was a lot of flooding in people’s homes and throughout the streets. Trees, power lines, and telephone lines had fallen down causing a lot of damage to cars, properties, and homes. My friend’s cousin’s house burned down (from the hurricane swelling up and breaking the gas pipes-causing a gas leak into the house. And when her aunt lit a candle after the power went out, it caused an explosion. –Everyone’s okay, but my friend’s aunt and cousin have severe burns 🙁 )

Thankfully, my house just had some minor flooding downstairs, but for others… I feel absolutely awful! My poor Grandfather who lives just minutes away from my house is confined to his home since the town he lives in is under water! This is a youtube video of it…

It’s still so shocking to see it like this. But little by little, everything is being cleaned up every day. So hopefully it won’t take too long before everything is back to the way it was.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.