fbpx

Indoor mural question??

Home Forums Miscellany Community Indoor mural question??

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Thanks!

frozendragon
    Participant

well I might get yelled at…..but Wal-Mart…actually carries a few of the big bottles of acrylic…

tempera…can sometimes come off really easy…you’d have to put some kind of sealer over it….

and that would be a pain…

when I did mine…I used acrylic straight from the bottle…mixed colors and everything…

it was on my sister’s first house….and the mural is actually what sold the house…..

that was kind of cool…

lamortefille
      Participant

frozendragon wrote:

well I might get yelled at…..but Wal-Mart…actually carries a few of the big bottles of acrylic…

tempera…can sometimes come off really easy…you’d have to put some kind of sealer over it….

when I did mine…I used acrylic straight from the bottle…mixed colors and everything…

it was on my sister’s first house….and the mural is actually what sold the house…..

that was kind of cool…

That is cool….any pictures?

I forgot about Walmart! (I love Walmart, such a redneck I am) (I line dance too, with a cowboy hat on) anyway, I think walmart has delco and apple barrel, both are good, though make sure you check the apple barrel, alot of the colors are hi gloss

frozendragon
        Participant

lamortefille wrote:

frozendragon wrote:

that was kind of cool…

I’m really not sure…I think I had some regular pictures…I’ll have to look…

if I do…I’ll scan them in

lamortefille
          Participant

frozendragon wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

frozendragon wrote:

that was kind of cool…

Cool : -)

Elena
            Participant

Checking with you doctor is best. My sister’s doctor told her NO to painting with latex.

Walmart carries big bottles of Acrylic paint for secent Prices. Michael’s too, just gotta comapre between brands. You can get mediums that will help you extend the paint so you can paint more.

At art stores you can get large pots of acrylic too.

OH! and check at Home Depot and other places like that. Some of tehm up here have started carrying bottles of acrylic paint!

frozendragon
              Participant

foxfeather wrote:

Checking with you doctor is best. My sister’s doctor told her NO to painting with latex.

Walmart carries big bottles of Acrylic paint for secent Prices. Michael’s too, just gotta comapre between brands. You can get mediums that will help you extend the paint so you can paint more.

At art stores you can get large pots of acrylic too.

OH! and check at Home Depot and other places like that. Some of tehm up here have started carrying bottles of acrylic paint!

that’s true….

I forgot about home depot…

and did you know they have new latex that has no odor…or funky chemicals…

that’s something I forgot about too….

although I’m not sure if they cost more or not….

Katherine
                Participant

DragonMistress wrote:

I did a Noah’s Ark crosstitch for a friend of my husband,it’s a cute motif for a mural

That is beautiful!! If I had time on my hands I would do one. Very pretty!!

Oooohhh…Wal-Mart? I will DEFINITELY check that out. I never thought much about their craft section, but they might just find another buyer there!

๐Ÿ˜€ I want to paint the nursery NOW!! ๐Ÿ˜€
                  Thanks so much for all of your advice, it has definitely helped me a lot!

Katherine
                  Participant

lamortefille wrote:

frozendragon wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

frozendragon wrote:

that was kind of cool…

Cool : -)

I would really like to see some pictures too!

Katherine
                    Participant

Ok, I bought some colors from Apple Barrel, and I managed to avoid getting the gloss kind except for one color…grrrr…now I’ll have to exchange it. Anyway, there is a lady who wants to buy our bed, and she said she’ll pick it up tomorrow, but we have heard that story before-and then they cancelled, so we’ll see. If she gets it, then we will start painting the mural this weekend!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€
                      KC will paint the latex part, but he might bring home a respirator so I could help paint. He says they are uncomfortable, but I would rather help and wear it, then not help.
                      We need to get one of those art projectors to help us with the mural. There is one at Hobby Lobby for 60 bucks, but I don’t remember the brand. ANYWAY-I need to do homework before it gets too late…see ya!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.