fbpx

Impulse Buying off eBay at Midnight

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Impulse Buying off eBay at Midnight

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Megan
    Participant

Megan
      Participant

When you should be doing your homework! This topic should be titled “OMG someone help me!!!”

http://cgi.ebay.com/Windstone-Pena-Ki-Rin-Family_W0QQitemZ150172053558QQihZ005QQcategoryZ35873QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I need reassurance… was that too much to throw down after about a minute of consideration? It means I’ve given up hope on the last dark calico flapper… Also it says shipping is free, but the seller states that shipping will be exact cost only. Should I just pay now, while the bill says that shipping is free, or wait until the seller contacts me? πŸ˜•

Some thoughts would be greatly appreciated…

Skylover
        Participant

That’s a decent buy! Kirins are getting hard to come by and the last male I saw went for over $250.00.

The shipping thing is strange. I would talk to the seller before paying to make sure. You might want to point our that it does say free on the auction.

The seller was Whippet who is a member on this forum. I’m not sure why she recently changed her name though.

Mmloda
          Participant

Personally I think that you made the right choice…in my experiance if you see something on ebay for a BIN option and you wait someone else snapps it up and the ki-rins are really hard to come by and when they do pop on ebay….they are usually sold individually so in the end they end up costing you more money. I just rescently recieved my ki-rins and I am very happy and pleased with them…so I know that you will love them once you see them in person. πŸ˜†
            Ohh and CONGRATS on your new Ki-Rin Family…. πŸ˜€

As for the shipping matter I would get in touch with the seller becasue it does state right in the listing description the shipping cost. πŸ™‚

Marzena

Megan
            Participant

Skylover wrote:

That’s a decent buy! Kirins are getting hard to come by and the last male I saw went for over $250.00.

The shipping thing is strange. I would talk to the seller before paying to make sure. You might want to point our that it does say free on the auction.

The seller was Whippet who is a member on this forum. I’m not sure why she recently changed her name though.

OOOOOH, that’s Whippet? I didn’t recognize the name! If it’s her then I know I have nothing to worry about πŸ™‚ Suddenly I feel better about this whole business.

Skylover
              Participant

Yes when someone changes their ebay name an icon will appear next to their name for 30 days. If you click on the icon you can see the previous ebay name.

Maria
                Participant

Yay, Megani! I was wondering which lucky sold would nab them! I think you made a great buy.

Arlla
                  Participant

I knew someone would nab those quick! Good job – congrats!

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                    -J R R Tolkien

Leigha
                    Participant

Megani-chan wrote:

When you should be doing your homework! This topic should be titled “OMG someone help me!!!”

http://cgi.ebay.com/Windstone-Pena-Ki-Rin-Family_W0QQitemZ150172053558QQihZ005QQcategoryZ35873QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I need reassurance… was that too much to throw down after about a minute of consideration? It means I’ve given up hope on the last dark calico flapper… Also it says shipping is free, but the seller states that shipping will be exact cost only. Should I just pay now, while the bill says that shipping is free, or wait until the seller contacts me? πŸ˜•

Some thoughts would be greatly appreciated…

*cries*

I’m incredibly sad over that. I saw it as soon as it was posted and I knew it was a decent buy. I just don’t have the money for it. The BF didn’t think it was a good buy, so he didn’t offer to buy it for me with me paying him later. πŸ™ The Ki-Rin family is one of the things I want most. Congrats πŸ™‚

Maria
                      Participant

There’ll be more, Leigha. Kirins are listed surpringly often with great BIN prices. Of course they never last long so you need to be in the right place at the right time.

Jodi
                        Participant

I was going to snatch it for the Male, but I didn’t have $350. πŸ˜₯ I probably could have gotten most of it back, selling the Mother. I would probably give the Baby to my Step Daughter because she loves mine. But I didn’t have the money to invest. Congrats! It’s a good deal.

It’s about what I paid for my set that I just got. After seeing what the individual pieces recently sold for on Ebay, I consider what I paid as a good deal. And as everyone else said, you got a good deal too. πŸ™‚

Pegasi1978
                          Participant

I saw those too and debated going after them, but the hubby said no more major Windstones after I got the momma griffin. If you look at the average prices for all three on Ravnheart’s database and add it up, it comes to closer to $400, so $350 was definately a good deal.

Megan
                            Participant

Okay, everything is cool πŸ™‚ I’ve talked to the seller (Whippet) and paid for the kirins, and she will ship them all nice and proper as soon as the paypal goes through. Yay! I already have a baby kirin, though… one of them might end up in the flea market to offset the cost eventually, if I can bear to break up the family πŸ˜†

keschete
                              Participant

Great price, I saw them and almost snapped them up…you did good!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.