fbpx

Important user agreement for Pay Pal Classified Ad buyers need to know this stuf

Home Forums Miscellany Community Important user agreement for Pay Pal Classified Ad buyers need to know this stuf

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    windstonefan
    Participant

Pal Pal user updates that will start on 3/31/2017
      We are changing the currency conversion spread charged when we perform a currency conversion for you from charging an additional 2.5% over the exchange rate set by our bank to charging an additional 3.0% over the exchange rate set by our bank.
      We are updating the list of items that are not eligible for Purchase Protection. The updates to the list are:

Financial products or investments of any kind.
      Donations.
      Payments sent using PayPal’s friends and family functionality.
      Payments made using PayPal Payouts and Mass Pay or guest checkout transactions (i.e., payments not sent using your PayPal account).

We are updating the eligibility requirements for Purchase Protection to require that you must respond to PayPal’s request for documentation and other information in a timely manner.
      We are adding a non-discouragement clause for sellers that provides:

In representations to your customers or in public communications, you agree not to mischaracterize PayPal as a payment method. At all of your points of sale (in whatever form), you agree not to try to dissuade or inhibit your customers from using PayPal; and, if you enable your customers to pay you with PayPal, you agree to treat PayPal’s payment mark at least at par with other payment methods offered.

We are changing the standard transaction fee for sellers selling goods or services online to buyers outside the U.S. from 3.9% to 4.4% plus the existing fixed fee based on the currency.
      We are changing the standard transaction fee for in store transactions received from buyers outside the U.S. from 3.7% to 4.2%.
      We are removing the tier based fees we charge to nonprofits who receive payments from senders outside the U.S. and are charging a flat rate of 3.7% plus the existing fixed fee based on the currency for all such transactions.
      We are changing the micropayment fees for in store transactions received from buyers outside the U.S. from 6.0% to 6.5% plus the existing fixed fee based on the currency.
      We are clarifying that we will assess the $20.00 chargeback processing fee for sellers who win a chargeback but are not eligible for Seller Protection.
      We are adding the ability to create a negative balance in your PayPal account when we reverse a payment to cover eBay buyer protection claims that the seller loses.
      We are updating the basic requirements for Seller Protection by requiring that you must respond to PayPal’s request for documentation and other information in a timely manner or you will not be eligible for Seller Protection.
      We are updating the list of items that are not eligible for Seller Protection. The updates to the list are:

Donations.
      Pay Pal will no longer cover these after 3/31/17
      Financial products or investments of any kind.
      Payments sent using PayPal’s friends and family functionality.
      Payments made using PayPal Payouts and Mass Pay.

PayPal is updating its set off rights allowing us to debit a PayPal account when an amount owed to PayPal, our affiliates or eBay, Inc. becomes past due by removing the 180 day past due requirement.
      We’ve updated our list of restricted activities to ensure we can protect our customers from attempts to misuse or gain unauthorized access to our systems. We’ve also made clear that these restricted activities include actions to PayPal-operated systems or systems operated on PayPal’s behalf.
      We are making clear that our existing rights to limit or terminate your access to PayPal systems applies to systems operated on PayPal’s behalf. We have also added the right to suspend your access to any of the PayPal services.
      We are updating our limitation of liability section to clarify that existing limitations of liability apply to situations affecting systems operated on PayPal’s behalf in addition to PayPal operated systems.

windstonefan

windstonefan
      Participant

I do not know how my name got changed here to Evelyn but this is windstonefan.

windstonefan

Kim
        Blocked

Thanks for posting that. I am not looking forward to more fees but at least now I know if I take payments or want to transfer money out that I will have to cover the fees.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

windstonefan
          Participant

Yes they sent me that notice today. I just wanted everyone to be aware that the friends and family payments are no longer covered. So if you are going to buy and sell on here you need to know this stuff. If you pay as a gift or as a friends and family thing they are not guaranteeing those little notes you write like for the dragon. Once you send that money as a gift or the friends and family thing — you really better know who you are dealing with. Said the lady who had a friend of 30 years that just ripped her off for about 20,000.00 worth of fairies. To be fair I guess holing them for me for a year and a half justified that. Even though I gave her at least 5,000.00 of fairies to hold the others for me. Yes big time fairy collector here. What I will never get is the fact she gave me back the dragons. Damaged but still. She did owe me for them but what was her reasoning for that? Maybe because she damaged every single one in 1 way or another? Still if you are going to steal a hundred rare fairies why not steal everything. Maybe she figured I’d fix them and give em back. Not happening. Anyway if you think you know someone –trust someone–think of me. Lesson learned this time. I hope. I always try to see the good in people. Somewhere thinking inside there must be a conscience in that person. But there isn’t and you must accept the fact that not everyone answers to the —same drummer that you do. So keeping that in mind be careful. windstonefan

windstonefan

Scathach
            Participant

Hi!
              The system changed your name when it updated. You can change it back by going to your account and editing the “base”. That’s the name that shows to the rest of the forum.

Thanks for the update on PayPal. They’re getting more and more greedy.

Life is beautiful.

Landipan
              Participant

I don’t think the friends and family payments have ever been covered by PP if something were to go wrong. At least that’s what I always been told in the model horse world.

That stinks they’re upping fees though, especially for those outside the US!

*Formerly meowmix101
                Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Jennifer
                Keymaster

We highly recommend against sending payment for goods as “Friends and Family” for this reason. It’s actually been a “strong suggestion” to never use “Friends and family” in our rules for a few years now, which one must agree to before selling on our site.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

windstonefan
                  Participant

I try an never accept payments like that. I want to send a bill out of Pay Pal an prefer the fees as opposed to having to try and explain to a buyer /forum member here, why USPS does not want to pay off on a missing item or a broken item. Because they are going to call it a gift even if I do insure it for the exact amount payed. Try explaining that to USPS. Sure. Why I sent something I say is worth $$$ and how do I prove what the person payed for it with out a bill for god sake. What do I show them a gift receipt from friends and family instead? I don’t think so. So I am not even thinking rip offs here I am thinking besides that I am way ahead of you all on this subject. I insist on sending a bill and just insisted yesterday to a forum member here. Why take chances. What I am guilty of is not insisting on the same be done for me. But this was a start. I will do that from now on.

windstonefan

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

Sellers can avoid this and keep the best records by sending an invoice through Paypal to their buyers. It’s free (no extra fees) and easy to do. Just log into Paypal and click “Manage/create invoices”. It walks you though it!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.