fbpx

I'm putting this out there

Home Forums Miscellany Community I'm putting this out there

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Was not sure if I could/should put this in the flea market or not, and if it is not allowed please feel free to remove it Jennifer.

Anywhos here goes:

So I like to make rag quilts, google them if you dont know what they are, and I am able to do them at work, but there are only so many people I know to give them too πŸ˜€ . So if you would like one I will build one for you, all you need to do is buy the flannel and thread and pay to ship it to me, and pay to ship the blanket back. If there is any interest I can post the couple of pics I do have. Ok so there it is.

dragonmedley
    Participant

What you could do is post a link to a blog/livejournal page showing both pics and prices, or explaining the type of material you use and need and the quantity, etc, etc. πŸ™‚

I’m curious! I love blankets, but I know frig all about rag quilts, and the google search shows tons and tons of different examples.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Adaneth
      Participant

I’m with Dragonmedley–I’m interested too, but I’d like to learn more. πŸ™‚

Adaneth wrote:

I’m with Dragonmedley–I’m interested too, but I’d like to learn more. πŸ™‚

Me too πŸ˜‰

There is no prices, as I said just buy the fabric, flannel works best, but I have made them with regular cotton, as well, it doesn not fray as well though.

To do one that is 5 large squares by 7 squares I need 9 meters of flannel. 3 for the back, 3 for the middle and 3 for the front. For the middle it just needs to be a solid colour that goes with the other colors you choose. The back can be solid or patterned again colors that go with your other colors. The front can be one color or several, one solid and one pattern works well, or a few different colors in a different pattern such as diagonal stripes. I can make them with smaller squares as well, but it takes more fabric, or I can make them like the tan one in the pics, but again I need a bit for fabric for the front.
        Well there was this one from my wedding, yes the colours are not the best, LOL.

This one I made for one of the girls I work with:

There is no prices, as I said just buy the fabric, flannel works best, but I have made them with regular cotton, as well, it doesn not fray as well though.

To do one that is 5 large squares by 7 squares I need 9 meters of flannel, they end up 4ish by 5ish feet. 3 for the back, 3 for the middle and 3 for the front. For the middle it just needs to be a solid colour that goes with the other colors you choose. The back can be solid or patterned again colors that go with your other colors. The front can be one color or several, one solid and one pattern works well, or a few different colors in a different pattern such as diagonal stripes. I can make them with smaller squares as well, but it takes more fabric, or I can make them like the tan one in the pics, but again I need a bit for fabric for the front.
        Well there was this one from my wedding, yes the colours are not the best, LOL.

This one I made for one of the girls I work with:

dragonmedley
        Participant

Ouh! I like.

Give me a chance to go to Fabricland and see if they have fabric I like. How much thread would you need?

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Karasgolddragon
          Participant

Those are really nice. It looks like there is a good deal of work in making them. Why aren’t you charging something for them. It doesn’t have to be a lot. You could probably sell this on ebay, craigslist and at fairs and festivals, especially with the holidays coming up.

Beth

One 200yard spool is enough, I have some colours, but we have limited fabric and notion shopping here, and I dont want to get stuck not having an appropriate colour. All we have here for fabric is Wal-Mart and they are shutting down their craft department. I have some variegated in tans to oranges, very fall like that I like to use for the edge, they also make it in a few other colours as well, I really like how it turns out.

I basically already get paid like 19 an hour to make them, just not by those who are buying them, I love my job by the way, LOL. Really keeping the leftover flannel and having something to do at work is all I want. As for time, the ones with the bigger squares take me about 4 shifts, smaller squares take more, probably 5 shifts.

Oh ya thanks as well πŸ™‚ .

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.