fbpx

I'm indecisive.

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone I'm indecisive.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Illith
    Participant

Now that my swap piece is finished, I can try to work on the blank griffin that’s been staring at me with its eyeless sockets since forever ago.
      Except I can’t decide what to paint it.
      I’ve amassed a collage of birds I’d like to attempt, and maybe you guys can shove me in the direction of what you want to see most.
      Photobucket

The one I want to do the most is the cardinal griffin, but I’m scared the patterning on the snow leopard will be too difficult for me. This is only my 5th PYO.
      Same story with the toucan griffin. Those jaguar spots will destroy me, on the other hand, it might be a good way to develop some skills. It will most likely end in a train wreck though.
      I’d also like to do one based on my cockatiel, but it might look odd without his bright yellow crest I’m so used to seeing.
      I’ve never seen a loon griffin before, and they’re one of my favorite birds. I could also give it to my mom as a birthday present, since they remind her of our cottage, her happy place. All that patterning is a little intimidating though, and the way the griffin’s neck is posed would loose those beautiful neck bars.
      He’s cut off there, but I love male house sparrows. I grew up watching them raise families in my back yard in bird houses I built. They’re pretty bland and boring to look at, but they remind me of my childhood.
      Ospreys are just my favorite raptors, period. They’re at the cottage and dad and I used to watch them from the dock as they hunted and built their massive nest. I could give it to him for father’s day. This one would probably be the easiest to do since I know the bird from beak to tail, but I’m not sure what kind of feline I’d pair it with.

tl;dr which one should I paint?

Illith
      Participant

Oops, forgot the humming bird. I think it would look really cool, and different. You don’t really see a lot of them, considering this was the only picture of one I could hunt down.

siberakh1
        Participant

The hummingbird would be interesting. Personally, I think I like the toucan/jaguar and the cockatiel the best (that cockatiel image by Dark Natasha is just absolutely adorable!).

Hannah
          Participant

I vote for the white cockatiel griffin 😀 I love cockatiels and that picture really makes it seem like a griffin painted in those colors would be an excellent idea!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
            Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

dragonmedley
            Participant

The loon would be awesome with a black panther kitty part; you can simplify the markings for the wings – you’re allowed, really!

I really like the cockatiel – I mean, that pic is soooo cute! You can do a yellow “flat” crest look on the head.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Illith
              Participant

Cockatiel griffin it is, then! Thanks for making up my mind! :bigsmile:

Adaneth
                Participant

I would LOVE to see someone try a loon griffin sometime–wow!

Osprey would be neat to see as well.

Good luck with whatever you choose! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.