fbpx

I'm greatful for….

Home Forums Miscellany Community I'm greatful for….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    WolfenMachine
    Participant

Despite all the bad news and misfortune that seems to be plaguing a lot of us (and a lot of the world-like Japan ๐Ÿ™ )I think its too easy to complain and get down on yourself. Even the news on TV is all bad! You almost never hear…
      “Kitten saved from drowning”
      “Carl and Louise celebrate their 75th Wedding anniversairy”
      “Local teacher a hero after saving young girl from choking”
      “DOW Jones better than last week!”

I too can get sucked into this from time to time-especially lately, there have been a lot of “big” and stressful things in my own life.

But I also believe its important to count my blessings and be greatful for what I *DO* have.
      I have 10 fingers, 10 toes, correctable vision, perfect hearing and I’m not dying any faster than the avereage person.

So I’d like to ask everyone to take a moment and say one or two things they’re truly greatful for. It doesn’t have to be anything big, or anything important. Sometimes the big things are obvious-its the little things that sometimes get taken for granted. It can be as small as, “I’m glad I caught all the green lights on the way to work this morning”

Me, I’m greatful for the opportunity to go to school so I can hopefully work a job I enjoy.

Who’s next? ๐Ÿ™‚

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

I am grateful for the unconditional lovins my animals bring me every day when I come home from a miserable day at work

I am grateful my home was not swept away in a tsunami or an earthquake

Today I am especially grateful for the Big and Toasty at Dunkin Donuts *nom*

Finally, even though I didn’t get the job at Converse I wanted I am grateful for the chance to at LEAST get out my current store location and transfer to another store. I have my interview tomorrow at 10am! Wish me luck guys!

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

twindragonsmum
        Participant

I am truly greatful for the miracles in my life; me boyohs (our one and only pregnancy). I am especially greatful for my good husband who has gone far and above the call of duty with all my unexpected and weird health problems. He has definately lived up to our wedding vows “in sickness and in health”. I am
          very cognizant of the fact that I am extremely blessed in that our family lives on only one income – Roddy’s. It can be extremely tight at times, but at the moment our only debt is our home.

I am also greatful for my Windstone Family. You’ve helped me through three nasty moves and job changes, weird health stuff and are helping me through raising twin boyohs… You’ve known when to ignore my nonsensical ramblings when I’ve had bad reactions to certain medicines after surgery and you’ve lifted my spirits when I thought I had no hope left. Thank you for being my “extended” family.

And I’m extremely greatful for Melody and her family and all their hard work. Thanks to them my home is a bit lighter, there is more humor and every morning starts with a smile because of our collection of her work.

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ™‚

tdm

LadyFirebird
          Participant

I like this and you are so right, Wolfen. We can get down because of all the bad news and negative things we see. Last year was a time of tremendous change for me–losing my job and starting classes for a new career. This year is a time of tremendous change for people around me–a friend’s husband passed away, my neighbor’s open heart surgery, and another friend whose husband also had heart surgery and various other things. A lot of these things weren’t good but when I look at them, I realize that I have a lot to be thankful for.

For now I have my home, my health, food to eat, clothing to wear and reliable transportation. My classes are going well and I’m getting positive feedback from others in the field I’m studying for and from my instructors. I feel very positive about finding work for this summer and working part-time after that. I’m soooo ready to embrace my new career, even if the jobs I get won’t pay a whole lot–it is better than nothing!

I feel for the people of Japan–you think you have worries??!! Any of us can be in a similar situation–earthquake, storm, flood, fire–name your disaster. We have the members of this forum who are so willing to give an encouraging word to all who need it.

Yes, there are lots to be thankful for!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Let’s see… I’m grateful for coffee to get me through my 4am shift.
            I’m grateful that I *have* a 4am shift, as some people have none (and hey, I’m grateful for NEVER having a traffic jam on the Yellowhead on my way to work, bwahaha).
            I’m grateful for my family and friends who’ve been very supportive of me through things like not understanding taxes, wedding planning, and work stuff.
            I’m grateful for not being sick for the first time since January.
            I’m REALLY grateful for my cats who greet me at the door whenever I come home, and for Mojo who insists on being on my lap (my feelings on the matter aside).
            I’m grateful my diabetes is under control (last doctor I went to said he wished his other patients were as awesome as me).
            I’m grateful I have a roof over my head and food on my plate.
            I’m grateful to have a talented mum who’s helping me so much with my wedding, she may as well be doing all the work herself (she just took over my flowers too… haha apparently I suck at folding paper).
            And I’m grateful for all of you, because you’ve all been a great sounding board for my complaints, a cheer for my accomplishments and good times, and just all around good company. ๐Ÿ˜€

WOW my mood just got SO MUCH BETTER! Best. Idea. Ever.

WolfenMachine
            Participant

Ha ha! No traffic jams-awesome. ๐Ÿ™‚ (btw-what is the Yellowhead? :quest:) Moms are really amazing people. ^_^ My cousin is getting married in August and my aunt is helping out a ton too. (although I suspect its fun for her-she loves planning parties and get-togethers.)

Megan
              Participant

I am grateful for my best friend and her stepchildren, who have in all respects adopted me into their family. They make me happy when I’m feeling down, which is a lot lately.

I am grateful that I got to kiss my cat goodbye this morning before he went off to a major surgery, for internal complications that he probably will not recover from. I’m grateful that I’ve been able to yell at him and swat him and feel him asleep on my feet for ten years.

I am grateful for fuzzy guinea pig lips, that make me smile every time I see them, no matter what kind of mood I’m in.

I am grateful for Taco Bell.

Jasmine
                Participant

I’m grateful that although hubby doesn’t have a permanent job yet, he’s making enough doing freelance that we still have a roof over our head, food on the table and clothes to wear.

I’m grateful that I have two snuggly kitties that love me though sometimes I wish they would let me go to the bathroom by myself.

I’m just totally grateful for the man that I married last year. He’s been with me through the good and bad (and there was a lot of bad) but he’s still here, and he loves me. I’m grateful that hubby’s parents are no where near as crazy as mine and that he can sympathize when i complain about them. LOL

It’s a highway that happens to go through the city I live in. It’s a pretty major thoroughfare, that I kinda need to take to get to work. Well, don’t *need* to, per-say, but that’s the fastest way by far.

WolfenMachine
                  Participant

Indeed! Both mine and my SO’s parents are crazy. Different flavors of crazy, but crazy still. You *are* lucky, Jasmine ๐Ÿ˜‰

My kitties are needy too. I have not ever had needy cats, so I love that they are always there beside me, not *always* off doing their own thing.

My girl cat, Chloe is *AL……..WAYS* at my feet! I wish she’d back up a few inches, because I end up accidently kicking her or stepping on her ๐Ÿ™ I’m greatful for my sibling kitties. They show me a love I have not had in a while from a pet. <3 I woke up with Chloe's brother, Sunshine, sleeping on me yesterday morning. Best way to wake up ^_^

This is such a *wonderful* idea, and one that’s really needed, I think. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Let’s see……

I’m grateful that I still have the roof over my head and good, clean water to drink, good food to eat when so many have neither.

I’m grateful I have a job; after going 8 months last year without one. It doesn’t pay well at all–yet–but I will be sitting for a state licensing exam on Tuesday that if I pass, I’ll get a $2000 raise. (please wish me luck–been studying like a mad thing! :bigsmile: ) That’ll be a step in the right direction.

I’m grateful that the powers that be have seen fit to bring wonderful friends–both 2-legged and 4-legged–into my life.

I am *profoundly* grateful that my 17+ year old Maine Coon cat seems to have turned a corner for now. About a month ago I thought we were going to lose him. The vet thinks he has some kind of growth in his sinuses. He had some serious gunk coming out of his nose, and the vet wasn’t holding out much hope. In fact, she has pretty much written Cayenne off. Long story short, after having some kind of fit and throwing up a large amount of dark blood (he had probably ingested it kind of like when you have a nosebleed…ewww! :SP ) anyway, for the last week or so, the nose gunk is gone, he’s back to being his loving self, eating like a horse, begging at the table, snuggling on my lap; the whole 9 yards.
                    I’m choosing to be grateful for each day I still have to spend with him, instead of the alternative.
                    And I’m also grateful for the other critters that share our home: Whims and Lillee, our American Bobtail cats, and of course, Maggie, our Pembroke Welsh Corgi. I couldn’t ask for sweeter beings to share my life.

Bodine
                    Participant

This is an excellent topic. :bigsmile:
                      I am grateful for my loving,understanding,faithful husband Jeff :love:
                      I am grateful for my furry babies that loves me and makes me laugh every single day ๐Ÿ˜€
                      I am grateful for my daughter Amber who got me to go take my GED and enroll in college in the Fall…at my age H)
                      I am grateful for my good health…so far ๐Ÿ˜‰
                      I am grateful for Ebay and Windstone for all of the beautiful art I now have in my home 8)
                      I am especially grateful for my Windstone friends 0:)
                      I am grateful my dear husband understands that I don’t want to drive anything but a Camero :bigsmile:
                      I am grateful to be an American maid. :p

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
                      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                      Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Anonymous

The subsequent time I read a weblog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I do know it was my choice to learn, but I truly thought youd have one thing attention-grabbing to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you would repair for those who werent too busy in search of attention.
                        HCG Diet inborn A term life insurance quote online isochronal

bayoudragon
                        Participant

Oh, I soooo needed this!

I am extremely grateful for my parents for many things. One, they never forced me to be something I wasn’t or to participate in activities I didn’t like when I was young (sports, dance, etc.) I’m very grateful for that! They are always there if I need them. Also every Christmas, they give me a gift card to PetSmart for my 3 furkids. Whatever she spends on my nephew, she spends on my “kids”. That means a lot to me.

I have fantastic in-laws!! My mother-in-law is like a second mom to me and considers me the daughter she never had. When I married my husband, she told me “No refunds, no returns.” LOL! Not that I ever would. He’s my best friend in the world. We’re so alike, yet so different. We both have very independent natures and respect that. He really is my other half.

I love my furkids dearly. They are all up there in age, from 10 – 14 years, and fortunately have no major medical problems. *knocks on wood*

Believe it or not, I am one of those people who will marvel at the most random things in nature – the venation in a leaf, the crawling of a caterpillar, watching the sun set, and feeling the wind blow. It’s always the simple things in nature that make me feel alive and part of a much grander universe. To me, that is a wonderful feeling.

๐Ÿ™‚

WolfenMachine
                          Participant

Very appropriate thread bump ^_^

I am thankful for my health. I dont have medical insurance, so I could literally not afford to get sick. I usually get sick once a year-at Christmas, I catch the flu, run a 104 degree fever, ache all over, and get on the brink of death (or so it feels!) No matter if I get a flu shot, load up on vitamin C-its just meant to be.
                            I know some people get very sick and stay that way year round. I hate that people are so fragile-we are so strong of mind-but our bodies can be so fragile :-

I am thankful for my kitties. They are the best cats I could ever imagine. They are loving, sweet, and even considerate. If their box gets too dirty for their taste, they won’t use the floor-they will go into MY bathroom and use the bath tub LOL! At least its easy to clean up and dump some bleach in there. They don’t scratch the furniture, don’t destroy anything, don’t jump on anything they aren’t supposed to, and they’ve eaten every type of food Ive brought home for them. They make me laugh every day at something weird they do, and warm my heart with their brother-sisterly love.

Most of all, I am thankful for Josh. He too makes me laugh every day-even when I get irritated at him, he will do something cute that hinders my ability to be upset with him. He has put up with so much from me, and stuck by my side through some difficult times. He is my very best friend. I feel he makes my life complete.

AND, I am thankful for Melody and her infinite talent. My Windstones are my most treasured posessions, and each one of them has such personality and character. Dragons may not be living creatures, but Melody has captured each one of them, frozen in time, for all of us to enjoy on a daily basis. With all the ugliness in the world, she has created beauty.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.