fbpx

Im curious what was your best and worst Windstone buy?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Im curious what was your best and worst Windstone buy?

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 164 total)
  • Author
    Arlla
    Participant

skigod377 wrote:

ddvm wrote:

Congratulations, ski! I meant to re-bid and forgot it was ending – rats! Oh well, more money for griffins!

I was afraid of that! Im glad you forgot!!

GAAH!! 👿 I don’t know HOW I didn’t see that one…I actually have a search for those sorts of things, and it was in there, too…I guess I just wasn’t looking close enough. Oh well! Huge congrats!! ^_^

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
      -J R R Tolkien

I said it before…”It all depends on how badly a person wants the peice.” If I wanted a….oh say, Young Brown Dragon and I pay $182.29 for it, does that mean I got ripped off? Nope. I can say not, not as long as it was worth it to me!!! 😀

My worst, lets see…An Alchemist’s tower for $145.00 when I could have bought it at grandio for $96.00, and then got no feedback either. They wrapped it like crap, it made it in one peice, but I still fume a bit over that one. 👿

My best…Buying the Pegasus family all together and basically getting the young one for $5.00!!! 8)

Some people like just one sculpt, or maybe 2 and collect all of that sculpt in whatever color it comes in. While I am an equal opportunist…I want 5 of every color, and yes I am more partial to some sculpts than others, but I keep track of everything I want, and which ones are retired. So far, I have only completed the 5’s in the emerald, white and peacock, 4 green, 3 brown, 2 ruby, and none of the new colors, which I have to say black-gold is my favorite. But then again, I also like the Castles, and Dinos. With the addition of the Velociraptor from Ebay, I finished my Dino’s and now have them all! 😀 Thanks to Emeral’s Emporium I will only have one Castle left to go soon…I wish the BEP would become production, I just can’t afford the one on ebay 😥 …Pretty pretty OW… 😀
      And I am pretty sure that I will get snowed under on the green Fledgling, unles she makes about 100 of them!!! But it would make the 5th green….*tries to stop her head from spinning*

Skigod377
      Participant

Arlla wrote:

GAAH!! 👿 I don’t know HOW I didn’t see that one…I actually have a search for those sorts of things, and it was in there, too…I guess I just wasn’t looking close enough. Oh well! Huge congrats!! ^_^

Whew! Im glad you missed it!

I did see the new bidder bidding on EVERYTHING and I kinda do think it was just to drive the prices up. Its ok…I would have got it for $46 if they hadnt done that, but $76 is good enough. I would still double my money if I relisted it.

Bob

Money is really getting tight I hope I do not have to sell any of my Windstones to pay the mortgage

I think my best Windstone buy was getting a Brown mother dragon for $45 on eBay, plus $20 shipping to the UK. Still not sure quite how we managed that one!

My worst?

Missing the paint your owns EVERY SINGLE TIME they go up on eBay. Having absolutely no chance of affording a BEP Old Warrior. And my own worst pet peeve… the Ebay folks who will only ship to the US.

Oh, you mean ACTUAL purchase? Hmmm… mine was more of a missed purchase. There was a shop in Leeds that sold Windstones, we passed by it because I didn’t have the money at the time to buy anything (They were charging £90+ for a Young dragon – which is nearly $180 at the moment). A year or so later, I was back in that part of Leeds and thought I’d go to the shop and see what they had. Jokingly, I said to my partner “I bet it’s been changed to a mobile phone shop.”

Surprise, surprise… when we get there it’s a Carphone Warehouse.

And I don’t like to think how much it cost to have my Peacock and Emerald Males and my Peacock Scratcher shipped to me from the States… and boy am I glad they made it here in one piece.

It is funny how things happen.

BTW, Welcome to the forum.

NirvanaCat13
          Participant

Welcome!

Skigod377
            Participant

Ssthisto wrote:

I think my best Windstone buy was getting a Brown mother dragon for $45 on eBay, plus $20 shipping to the UK. Still not sure quite how we managed that one!

My worst?

Missing the paint your owns EVERY SINGLE TIME they go up on eBay. Having absolutely no chance of affording a BEP Old Warrior. And my own worst pet peeve… the Ebay folks who will only ship to the US.

Oh, you mean ACTUAL purchase? Hmmm… mine was more of a missed purchase. There was a shop in Leeds that sold Windstones, we passed by it because I didn’t have the money at the time to buy anything (They were charging £90+ for a Young dragon – which is nearly $180 at the moment). A year or so later, I was back in that part of Leeds and thought I’d go to the shop and see what they had. Jokingly, I said to my partner “I bet it’s been changed to a mobile phone shop.”

Surprise, surprise… when we get there it’s a Carphone Warehouse.

And I don’t like to think how much it cost to have my Peacock and Emerald Males and my Peacock Scratcher shipped to me from the States… and boy am I glad they made it here in one piece.

Welcome to the forum! Your best buy was pretty good!

Welcome to the forums! Thansk for posting and not sitting back and watching 😀

Bob

yes thank you for just jumping in. We don’t bite much!!

Dragon Master wrote:

eys thank you for just jumping in. We don’t bite much!!

Don’t believe anything he says. 😆

Bob

why is everyone always picking on me??
                  I guess no one wants my dragons if anything should ever happen to me

Skigod377
                  Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

Awww….people only pick on you when they like you!

Bob

skigod377 wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

Awww….people only pick on you when they like you!
                      AAAHHH now I feel all warm and fuzzy!!!

Dragon Master wrote:

yes thank you for just jumping in. We don’t bite much!!

I’m not afraid of YOU lot biting… I’ve been part of the furry fandom for years!

Maybe I’ll be amazingly lucky and find a Windstone at a car boot sale somewhere over the holidays… eh, I can dream.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 164 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.