fbpx

I'm a Mrs.

Home Forums Miscellany Happy Thoughts I'm a Mrs.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Lokie
    Participant

Major Congratulations!

Jasmine
      Participant

dragonmedley wrote:

Hey, Dean and Chinook took loads of pics too, if you want me to post some…

‘TWas lovely all around!

Thanks all!! πŸ˜€ It was a great and very busy Saturday. It just flew by for me. And I’d love to see your pics Medley. I do hope I was smiling walking down the aisle…all I was thinking was “don’t trip, don’t trip”. 😳

We’re leaving on Friday for our honeymoon and will be back the Sunday Oct 17.

dragonmedley
        Participant

Here are a few pictures, both with the dress for the ceremony in the chapel, and the tea ceremony, as well as with the arrangement we got her. Chinook took a bunch of pictures (though I have to admit that her career as a photographer isn’t boding well), and so did Dean, but I just picked a few. The cake was so beautiful and original, I had to share too!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

twindragonsmum
          Participant

How beautiful you are!!! Love the cake (and the cupcakes!)

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

darjeb
            Participant

Congratulations and best wishes for many happy years together

Lokie
              Participant

You look so lovely πŸ˜€

Jasmine
                Participant

Thanks everyone!! I’m back and trying to catch up on posts. πŸ˜€

Sbianchi
                  Participant

Happy Belated Congratulations!

Anonymous

Wow! CONGRATULATIONS!! Your wedding dress is absolutely stunning and the accessories you chose PERFECT! I really love the flowering dogwood? decoration on the cake and the cupcakes to match – an excellent idea! And then you both change into the red outfits —- could you explain the tradition behind the red? Inquiring minds and all that πŸ™‚ You made a very beautiful bride!

CONGRAAAATS!!!! πŸ˜€ That’s something more than a happy thought, its more of like a great CELEBRATION!! :yes:

Jasmine
                      Participant

Poems wrote:

Wow! CONGRATULATIONS!! Your wedding dress is absolutely stunning and the accessories you chose PERFECT! I really love the flowering dogwood? decoration on the cake and the cupcakes to match – an excellent idea! And then you both change into the red outfits —- could you explain the tradition behind the red? Inquiring minds and all that πŸ™‚ You made a very beautiful bride!

Thanks so much πŸ™‚ They were actually supposed to be red plum blossoms (I know plum blossoms are usually pink but I sooooo not a pink kind of girl). That was a part of our theme, hubby designed all the stationary. I wanted something slightly oriental in style and feel. I wanted to incorporate some of my Chinese traditions.

Actually, lol only I changed…hubby was really wearing the red vest and tie the whole time. And the red dress has Chinese dragons and good luck symbols (red itself if the luckiest color in Chinese culture). It was for the tea ceremony, in which hubby and I have to serve our elders tea as a sign of respect. In return for the tea, the bride and groom receive jewellry and money. I was fortunate, I only changed one time, when my oldest cousin got married, his bride had to change 7 times throughout the night (in very old times, I guess it’s supposed to show how much her parents provided for her).

The symbol piped onto the side of the cake is the Chinese symbol for Double Happiness, very lucky for Chinese weddings. Let’s see if I can upload a bit of our invite, the flower and branch design was on every piece (I think there were 4 pieces in total…the invite itself, the reply card, the location card and even the sticker on the front to hold everything in place.

LuvsDragons
                        Participant

Congrats!!! πŸ˜€

Anonymous

Jasmine, the Tea Ceremony is fantastic – love how you carried that tradition into your ceremony! THANKS for sharing some of your culture! NICE πŸ™‚

Skeeterdeee
                            Participant

Such a beautiful and fascinating culture!! Much happiness to you and your new family!!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.