fbpx

if a frickin crazy ebay seller put nail polish on my dragon, what can I do?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody if a frickin crazy ebay seller put nail polish on my dragon, what can I do?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

…uh… are they describing a set of doors for the description? WTF?

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Oy, yeah, I would be upset too. Nail polish is a bitch…the orientals also tend to start peeling once you remove an bit of paint with acetone, due to the smoothness of the scales. Even with paint from Melody it might be really hard to get it to lay down properly. I’d suggest sanding versus acetone, then a light coat of black, then the replacement paint using an airbrush if you have it, then seal. That gives you your best chance for blending & having it not show.

Kyrin

Stupid lag, double posted on me. Sorry.

Kyrin

Lupuslunae
      Participant

…uh… are they describing a set of doors for the description? WTF?

Yes the auction describes a set of doors, LOL, maybe I should of let this deal pass me by? Perhaps the time they spent listing their auctions should of tipped me off to something… /sigh

I got a response from the seller, he says his partner did it because they touch up pottery they sell all the time; I am quite proud of myself for not asking if his partner is 7 =P I am trying to get accurate pics on my camera so I can share this atrocity with you all. But he is being polite and apologetic for now; I’ve asked for a partial refund, so we’ll see where this goes.

He also claims his partner used an acrylic paint. I’ve scrubbed at this spot a looooonnnng time, no change at all. So I think the partner is full of sh*t. I’ve asked if some kind of sealer was used, also mentioned how it feels like nail polish to me, so maybe partner will “rememeber” something different now. I would be very happy if I didn’t have to use nail polish remover on my dragon, but I doubt that will be the case.

I am going to Michael’s today to frame some Christmas presents, and thought I would hunt for a (hopefully gentle) paint remover. Anyone recommend any brands or something I should stay away from?

I would stay away from trying to remove it with any kind of chemical, I would just sand it off with some fine grit sandpaper, seriously, if you pull up the paint you will end up with more than just that one scale coming up, trust me I learned this the hard way with one of mine & ended up stripping the whole thing & repainting him. You don’t want to have to do that I am sure.

Kyrin

Lupuslunae
        Participant

Seller got back to me again, apparently it is an acrylic paint with a “cleaner nail polish” used to seal it. Not entirely sure what that is, sounds like a clear coat of some kind, but yeah, so bummed again.

Lupuslunae
          Participant

I would stay away from trying to remove it with any kind of chemical, I would just sand it off with some fine grit sandpaper, seriously, if you pull up the paint you will end up with more than just that one scale coming up, trust me I learned this the hard way with one of mine & ended up stripping the whole thing & repainting him. You don’t want to have to do that I am sure.

Kyrin

Thanks for the idea, I will try this first. I remember using sandpaper on like little sticks and files to remove old glue when repairing and binding books. I would feel more comfortable trying this than nail polish remover, which is scary and yucky and super scary.

Purplecat
            Participant

Sigh…..it never fails to amaze me the stupid stunts that people will pull. If you were happy with the dragon and made the purchase, they should not have CHANGED that item post sale.

I hope your able to remove it….I’d be absolutely furious.

twindragonsmum
              Participant

I’d be hoppin’ mad! I’d try nail polish remover for the “top coat” that the seller had applies; then rubbing alcohol for the paint underneath. And it will be hard to get a seamless paint job as Kyrin says… So sorry! Hope things will turn out right!

tdm

tdm

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.