fbpx

Idea for the Forum

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Idea for the Forum

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

Could we divide the Flea Market section into Want to Sell and Want to Buy? It would make it easier for me to look through when I’m looking for a piece to buy or to sell. I usually don’t want to do those at the same time, so to dig through all the other threads is time consuming. Just a thought. πŸ™‚ :bye:

EDIT: Poll added by Jennifer.

Jodi
      Participant

Jennifer
        Keymaster

Let’s get a vote on it!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

I read them all anyway so I put indifferent

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

twindragonsmum
            Participant

I like that idea πŸ˜€ :yes:

twindragonsmum :snappy: πŸ˜€

tdm

siberakh1
              Participant

I know on my bjd forum (granted, this would be dependent on the code used), you have a tag that you select that shows up next to the title of your thread (FS, WTB, WTT – For Sale, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, among others). There is a sort function too, so you can sort by that, however it is a much larger forum, so perhaps we’re not to a point for it just yet, but it’s a thought and I figured it didn’t hurt to mention it. πŸ™‚

Jennifer
                Keymaster

siberakh1 wrote:

I know on my bjd forum (granted, this would be dependent on the code used), you have a tag that you select that shows up next to the title of your thread (FS, WTB, WTT – For Sale, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, among others). There is a sort function too, so you can sort by that, however it is a much larger forum, so perhaps we’re not to a point for it just yet, but it’s a thought and I figured it didn’t hurt to mention it. πŸ™‚

We can’t do that right now, to the best of my knowledge, and the new forum software (that we will be migrating to… um.. sometime!!) doesn’t run on phpBB so I don’t think it’ll be an option. It’s a neat idea though!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

Sounds good to me! πŸ˜€

I also like the idea of a feedback forum, one thread for each member that sells/buys here, and everyone that deals with that person post in the same thread so there’s not 2000+ threads for one person… make sense?

siberakh1
                  Participant

Jennifer wrote:

We can’t do that right now, to the best of my knowledge, and the new forum software (that we will be migrating to… um.. sometime!!) doesn’t run on phpBB so I don’t think it’ll be an option. It’s a neat idea though!

Ok. I wasn’t sure what the forum was migrating to (phpBB or something else), so I thought I’d throw it out there, just in case. πŸ™‚

Skeeterdeee
                    Participant

PaperCut wrote:

Sounds good to me! πŸ˜€

I also like the idea of a feedback forum, one thread for each member that sells/buys here, and everyone that deals with that person post in the same thread so there’s not 2000+ threads for one person… make sense?
                      Ditto. The white/black list is apparently too complicated for me :shrug: I would prefer a thread of buying/selling experiences (I’ve had all great experiences that deserve to be acknowledged).

WolfenMachine
                      Participant

Yes, adding to what siberakh said, a MLP forum I haunt has the same thing. But it is a HUUUUGE community. A WTB and WTS sub forum would be perfect. That way if you want to sell a particular piece you can find the exact folks looking for what you have…and they can find you when looking to buy.

Jennifer
                        Keymaster

I am really wary about putting any sort of feedback thing that is Windstone-supported (having its own forum) because Windstone is obviously a seller too, and any bias against another seller, even if it is truthful and supported by individuals here, could be legal trouble!

darjeb
                          Participant

I look at everything so it would make any difference to me so I put Indifferent.

Syn
                            Participant

I was just looking at a thread with items listed for sale and items wanted as possible trades for the for-sale items. They obviously Want To Sell, and even though trading is a form of buying, the person does not Want To Buy items outright. Where would this type of posting fit if this area was split into only Want To Buy or Want to Sell? πŸ˜•

Why not leave this section for selling and/or trading, keep the Trade/Swap section, and establish a new Want To Buy (only) section?

Nicole
                              Participant

I usually like to look through all the new threads in the flea market regardless if its want to buy or sell so i’d rather not have to go to another place to look through them all

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.