fbpx

Icky Sticky…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    PurpleTurtle
    Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

Humidity. Try a blow dryer on medium heat. See if that helps. πŸ˜€
      Is it a Ki-Rin? πŸ˜† Calypso was like that for me. πŸ™

Well, I tried the blow-dryer thing and it didn’t realy do any good πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯ . I think the sealant is just from a bad batch. Thats okay, I’ll just keep him in my glass curio, away from the dust. Thanks everyone for the pointers though. I have to addmit, I always have hated using sealant. Its so toxic and it reeks πŸ™„ .

lamortefille
      Participant

Chip is a beauty! Great job:)

PurpleTurtle
        Participant

Buy the way, thanks for all of the compliments. I always get warm and fuzzy when I get them πŸ˜€ . But I can’t in good faith sell Chip because he is ‘icky and sticky’ :lol:.

Maria
          Participant

Dragon87 wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

purplecat wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I use paint-on sealers because that’s all I’ve been able to find so far. I dislike them intensely. Sometimes they even take the paint off. πŸ‘Ώ

ouch! what a pain! 😯 Do they not sell spray sealants at all there?

Oh, I’m sure they’re out there somewhere. I’ve only found the paint-on ones so far. So I guess I have only myself to blame…

Have you tried hardware stores? Or I found mine at WalMart if you have one there.

No, we don’t have WalMart – thank goodness. πŸ˜† I’d have to look in a couple art stores.

*wonders if we can ship them to you in a box* Probably not…They might think it was a bomb! πŸ™„ πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

WindstoneCollector wrote:

*wonders if we can ship them to you in a box* Probably not…They might think it was a bomb! πŸ™„ πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

I can see that now…

They shake it, hear the chink chink chink of that little metal ball, and the bomb squad gets called. They use that funky water gun thing on it, and when they open it – they see a spraypaint can.

It’s funnier in my mind then on here, isn’t it?

PurpleTurtle
            Participant

I thinks its quite funny myself πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

Maria
              Participant

It is, except that the Swiss aren’t as picky when it comes to mail as Americans are. Still, it’s not a good idea to put spray cans on a plane…

Greater Basilisk wrote:

It is, except that the Swiss aren’t as picky when it comes to mail as Americans are. Still, it’s not a good idea to put spray cans on a plane…

Since they are combustibles, and under pressure, high altitude would make it go boom!

Strange I didn’t think of that… I must be losing my science-y touch.

PurpleTurtle
                Participant

Duh…I didn’t think of that either 😳 .

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I use paint-on sealers because that’s all I’ve been able to find so far. I dislike them intensely. Sometimes they even take the paint off. πŸ‘Ώ

Every one of my PYOs have lost paint to these stupid brush on sealers. I live in an apartment unless I spray it on my balcony there is no-where I can spray in here. But, the weather never co-operates when I seal as well. So, I prefer the brush on, at least I can still use it when it’s windy, snowing or raining.

Romeodanny wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Every one of my PYOs have lost paint to these stupid brush on sealers. I live in an apartment unless I spray it on my balcony there is no-where I can spray in here. But, the weather never co-operates when I seal as well. So, I prefer the brush on, at least I can still use it when it’s windy, snowing or raining.

I just wait for the balcony to dry πŸ˜† I wrecked my mom and dad’s wolf because of that damn brush on crap.

Kujacker
                  Participant

I find this thread funny. The day you all started talking about how awful paint on sealers were… I brought home some just to see how it works πŸ˜† And I bought it BEFORE you all started talking about it, which make it even more amusing πŸ˜†
                    I love my spray on sealer, so I’m not going to be switching… but I just wanted to see how they worked.
                    Oh, and I spray in the garage… (and I use to get a lot of crap from my dad about it too… he’d get freaky thinking I was going to spray his corvette or 1980 Z28 heh… too bad, you know, I spray no where near the cars).

Katherine
                    Participant

Awww…so he is still sticky? I’m sorry. I have no idea what this would do, but what if you put him in the refridgerator just for a little while to see how the sealant reacts to that? Just an idea? Or maybe…does the paint on sealer say to mix it up first? Did you do that? I have only had experience with spray-on sealer, and I have had no problems yet.

PurpleTurtle
                      Participant

eaglefeather831 wrote:

Awww…so he is still sticky? I’m sorry. I have no idea what this would do, but what if you put him in the refridgerator just for a little while to see how the sealant reacts to that? Just an idea? Or maybe…does the paint on sealer say to mix it up first? Did you do that? I have only had experience with spray-on sealer, and I have had no problems yet.

For the time being Chip will be behind glass, away from dust and cat hair. I checked him today and it seems he’s not as sticky πŸ˜‰ . I also threw out the offending sealent as well. I have to say I have had decent luck with spray up until now. The brush-on ones always took paint of for me too 😑 .

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.