fbpx

I know you cant put them in store, but WOW!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody I know you cant put them in store, but WOW!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    PhoenixTears
    Participant

โ€œFate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.โ€

PhoenixTears
      Participant

Oh Melody! While I’m very aware you can’t put such complicated designs in the store (but I’d soooo buy them if you did!), I had to compliment you on that Bengal OW on eBay as well as that incredibly spectacular Zeppard Male Unicorn. I about died when I saw that. Blew my socks right the heck off! I can’t stop looking at him. And for what it’s worth, I think patterning on the dragons is such a cool idea. The sculpt itself (all dragons, like all your work) have immense detail in the mold alone, but when you go and add such intricate patterns to it, it becomes 3-D to my eyes, which is a VERY good thing. I’m drooling and hate that I never win the lottery. I wish I did because I would buy up that Zeppard Male Unicorn in a second, and hope to rope the entire family. Yes, we’re equine people here however, the colour scheme in and of itself, I’d buy both the bengals (which we have of those in Store) and Zeppards without thinking twice. Such a feast for the eyes and just when I thought you couldn’t be more talented, you keep out doing yourself. That must be a super feeling being an artist. You keep topping yourself, and you keep your fans wanting more and on the edge of our seats. Though we can never afford eBay pieces, they are still so lovely to see and I hope that a forum member is lucky enough to get the winning bid. If I ever meet your Muse, I’m taking her/him to dinner to thank them for the inspiration they shower on you!

โ€œFate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.โ€

Andrea
        Participant

I love the Zeppard Uni as well! The design on his back is beautiful!
          Woul love to see some gold or blue interference on them somewhere.
          I wonder if a choice of crystal color would be possible like with the eyes on the dragons?

Either way… Please more Zeppard Unis!

Somewhere, there is a thousand angels singing the “Hallejuah” chorus in perfect harmony…. or the synchronized squeaking of a thousand mice… hard to tell which. ๐Ÿ˜€ When I saw the OW, I CRIED!!! I just LOVE the bengal dragons!!!! (my name probably gave that away :oops:)

WolfenMachine
          Participant

I LOVE the Zeppard Uni too-and this particular Okapi mother unicorn #2. I thought I might try to bid on her, but she’s already out of my price range ๐Ÿ™„ oh well haha

But seriously-the pattern on the Zeppard male’s back-WOW WOW WOW! *jaw drop*
            Sooo pretty!

On the bengal old warrior….Melody, you know I adore your work and you, BUT…personally I think the pattern is too busy on the old warrior. The OW is my favorite sculpt, and the spots are GORGEOUSLY painted-very well done! …but maybe fewer of them, or maybe just not on a dragon. I’m sure I’m in the minority here-but the good thing is that everyone here has VERY different tastes, so NO MATTER *what* you paint, there will be people here and other collectors who dont post that are *IN LOVE* with it. Some of the colors and patterns I love the best may not be everyone else’s favorites either-so to each their own ๐Ÿ˜€

Melody
            Keymaster

WolfenMachine wrote:

I LOVE the Zeppard Uni too-and this particular Okapi mother unicorn #2. I thought I might try to bid on her, but she’s already out of my price range ๐Ÿ™„ oh well haha

But seriously-the pattern on the Zeppard male’s back-WOW WOW WOW! *jaw drop*
              Sooo pretty!

On the bengal old warrior….Melody, you know I adore your work and you, BUT…personally I think the pattern is too busy on the old warrior. The OW is my favorite sculpt, and the spots are GORGEOUSLY painted-very well done! …but maybe fewer of them, or maybe just not on a dragon. I’m sure I’m in the minority here-but the good thing is that everyone here has VERY different tastes, so NO MATTER *what* you paint, there will be people here and other collectors who dont post that are *IN LOVE* with it. Some of the colors and patterns I love the best may not be everyone else’s favorites either-so to each their own ๐Ÿ˜€HA HA HA where did you find that jaw drop icon??

Melody
              Keymaster

Sway wrote:

Oh Melody! While I’m very aware you can’t put such complicated designs in the store (but I’d soooo buy them if you did!), I had to compliment you on that Bengal OW on eBay as well as that incredibly spectacular Zeppard Male Unicorn. I about died when I saw that. Blew my socks right the heck off! I can’t stop looking at him. And for what it’s worth, I think patterning on the dragons is such a cool idea. The sculpt itself (all dragons, like all your work) have immense detail in the mold alone, but when you go and add such intricate patterns to it, it becomes 3-D to my eyes, which is a VERY good thing. I’m drooling and hate that I never win the lottery. I wish I did because I would buy up that Zeppard Male Unicorn in a second, and hope to rope the entire family. Yes, we’re equine people here however, the colour scheme in and of itself, I’d buy both the bengals (which we have of those in Store) and Zeppards without thinking twice. Such a feast for the eyes and just when I thought you couldn’t be more talented, you keep out doing yourself. That must be a super feeling being an artist. You keep topping yourself, and you keep your fans wanting more and on the edge of our seats. Though we can never afford eBay pieces, they are still so lovely to see and I hope that a forum member is lucky enough to get the winning bid. If I ever meet your Muse, I’m taking her/him to dinner to thank them for the inspiration they shower on you!

Ha ha , not talent , more like lots of practice and going…hmmm what else can I paint bengal around here?
                I am so glad you like the Zeppard male unicorn. He is one of those pieces I spent a long time hand painting, all the while thinking that I was wasting my time! because usually the pieces I spend the longest on go for the least on ebay!)
                Thank you for the kind words! Made my day.

PhoenixTears
                Participant

Money draw aside, in my opinion, I don’t feel you should think in your head with self talk, that you’re wasting your time. For pity sake – we buy the foil sculpts you make!!! Thing is, with this level of not only talent, but passion and individual care to each piece, your love gets channeled. Not to sound all new age-y on you, but when I get pieces direct from the factory, they always come with the most loving and calming energy. We are into that over here as we’re very spiritual people (not to be confused with religious; and not to say one is better than the other).

Nope. Never feel you’re wasting your time Mel. You will ALWAYS upon ALWAYS till the day you glove your hands and hang up your paintbrushes and airbrush, will have numerous collectors and fans of your work, clamoring to possess any piece you make. Yes, there may be collectors and fans of only dragons, same as with only hoofers. I feel our collection in this house represents everything well. But it does become obvious after some looking, just what we favour here. And believe me, we’d have more if only we really could afford eBay. In this economy we consider ourselves lucky to get the In Store pieces (between paying off medical bills for the last decade which, once they are gone for her, will open her up much more to getting more pieces she sparks at; and paying off the ouchies the car got [not an accident; just parts needing replacing on what is already a very spoiled car so we kinda didn’t expect it] and helping out my aunt, or Jillian’s mom with getting her Lynx Pt Siamese’s health back on track — he’s in a tricky place right now and is already slated to be on SubQ fluids for the rest of his life but this is all money we are helping her out with even when she doesn’t want to take it. She’s like a second mom to me, and was so good to me and her daughter Jillian when we were kids, we owe her anything she could possibly want, even when she doesn’t ask. She currently enjoys all your Siamese versions, and Birman cause it really does look very Siam, small Bird Winged Flap Cats!)

What Im boiling down to in a less than Cliff Notes version, is that the work you do, it might not live up to your perfectionist standards, but for us, even the “rescue” pieces, we still can’t find any flaws that made them rescues in the first place! Your work in this field is top notch and I think all of us here have done tons of mythical and fantasy shopping of figurines and I KNOW we all agree that you’re the best. And I challenge anyone to challenge me on that blanket statement. I never put myself on the line, however, in this certain case, Jillian and I feel your work is so far beyond tremendous talent, it’s like you’re truly divinely gifted. I’ve never seen work like your’s before. Though some idiots do try to rip off your molds (backhanded compliment if you look at it just right) as well as rip off your poses (another back handed compliment … if you’re going to copy someone, you copy the best).

For me, I don’t say these things to make your day. I don’t set out to do that because then it sounds like lip service and disingenuous. When I say what I do, I mean to curry no favor and am simply saying my opinion(which is Jillian’s as well; we can talk about you and your Windstone work for hours upon hours at one time), calling it as *I* see it, and complimenting you from the bottom of my heart. There is no reason that when someone does something right, or something generous, or something stunning, that they shouldn’t be commended on it. Our society seems to favor the negative complaint department more than giving compliments or kudos where they are due. It’s been a practice of Jillian’s and mine as well as our other cousins, to try to change the world in our own teeny tiny little way, and shine the light of compliment on those, in OUR opinions, we really feel have tremendous talent, AND a generous spirit and helpful heart. You embody all, and more.

For those of you that think I’m kissing up to Melody, I feel badly for your cynicism. I never understood why I can’t compliment someone without others thinking I’m trying “to work her.” I get nothing from her. I don’t even enter raffles because I currently live in a house with a collector that DOES enter some raffles. But she doesn’t get preferential treatment either. Just because someone is being nice and saying something nice to someone else, does not mean we have an agenda. And I’m personally saddened that our society comes down on people for that because of their own warped way of thinking … “oHHH, she’s schmoozing her – she must hope Melody gives her something.” Hardly. Melody works her heart out for all of us, does more than any artist I’ve ever enjoyed, and whats more, she gets personally involved with her fans via the forum as well as free gifts of her work which many of you have received, the holiday cards, etc. But without her heart, while her talent would remain but those generous gifts, including listening to our CONSTANT squeaks (I’m part of that too), *that* is generosity of heart. She goes above and beyond.

Now that my novella is done, what would have taken me a few sentences in person to get my point across, has turned into what would seem to some, as a lunacy post. But I’m only concerned with how it affects Melody. The rest of you, you either do know me and “get it,” or you don’t and you think I’m crazy on toast. I don’t care. Why should I shy away from complimenting Melody on such wonderful work, just because some of you think I’m a kiss ass. I won’t change who I am and who I was brought up to be. So keep up the great work Melody. You keep out doing yourself and next time you feel you’re wasting time, remember that someone’s trash is someone else’s treasure. Everything you do will always upon always, be bought. Might not be the exact amount you’re hoping for or need, but the interest in the work is there. And keep up that good work … and yes, I will ask that you keep us Store only people in the back of your mind since so many of us can’t afford eBay. But most of all, just thanks for listening and reading. Im glad you felt what I said, made your day. Seeing your work around the house, makes our day each and every day and brings frisky fun atmosphere as well as conversational piece provocation to the house. So, thank you – however you want to receive it (as sincere or as kiss ass; only you can feel it inside but I’m letting you know I’m meaning for it to come across as genuine and sincere).

Syn
                  Participant

Melody wrote:

I am so glad you like the Zeppard male unicorn. He is one of those pieces I spent a long time hand painting, all the while thinking that I was wasting my time! because usually the pieces I spend the longest on go for the least on ebay!)

I think the Zeppard Male Uni is one of the prettiest pieces I have seen. Can’t understand why he went so low ๐Ÿ˜ฎ when he is just spectacular. ๐Ÿ˜€

Andrea
                    Participant

Because I missed the end of the auction! ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ™„

Melody…Please more Zeppard Unis! Maybe add some interference blue… The back on the one that just sold was amazing!
                      squeek*

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.