fbpx

"I Just Bought A–" Celebration thread, v.4

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone "I Just Bought A–" Celebration thread, v.4

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 1,500 total)
  • Author
    Bob

mmloda wrote:

drag0nfeathers wrote:

Stephanie wrote:

Here’s a pic of my amethyst curlie finally…love!

And…my hubby surprised me today with a red fire OW! For no reason! 😮 I think I’ll keep him around for a while. 😉 (Both the OW and my hubby! 😆 )

Love! I’m sooooo happy! 😀

Wow! How can I get one of those!?! Not so much the dragons, but a man that will suprise me with them. 😆

Ditto that..especially a hubby that surprises you for NO REASON AT ALL… 😆
      Don’t forget me!!! I need a man like that too!

Bob

Tyrrlin wrote:

Adaneth wrote:

😮 …all I can say is WOW… 😆 😀

Those two look fabulous together!

Hee, thanks!

They’re sharing a shelf, now, too. 🙂 Gotta keep my chick-magnets together! XD
        Do I count 35??

Pegasi1978
        Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

Tyrrlin wrote:

Adaneth wrote:

😮 …all I can say is WOW… 😆 😀
          Those two look fabulous together!

Hee, thanks!

Do I count 35??

Nope there’s 38. This picture makes it a little easier to count.

Tyrrlin
          Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

Tyrrlin wrote:

Hee, thanks!

Do I count 35??

Nope there’s 38. This picture makes it a little easier to count.

Yep 38.

Thanks for replying, pegasil. I was at National Guard Drill since Thursday night and wasn’t able to answer. 🙂

Windstone collector in remission. 😉

*boogie*
            The inspiration dictator for my art xD
            and my first Windstone <3<3<3<3
            (yes, she is sitting on my wacom xD )

she arrived safe and sound, but is missing her tail gem ^^; never got put in I guess, either way, Melody is sending me a replacement <3 thanks again Melody!! (what do I use to put it in place? D: )

www.nakaseart.com

Tyrrlin
            Participant

Oooh, she’s GORGEOUS, Nakase! Good thing she’s there to keep you inspired! 🙂

Windstone collector in remission. 😉

Adaneth
              Participant

Very, very gorgeous, Nakase! Thanks for sharing a photo! 😀

This bit from an old thread might help with your question:

Melody wrote:

eaglefeather831 wrote:

I tried searching for my answer, but I couldn’t find it, so I have decided to go to the gueen herself! 😆 Ok, do all of the PYO sculpts use the same sized gemstones? If not, what sizes (SS) are used in the PYO unicorn and muse?

Also, what cut of Swarovski should be used for the PYO’s? Thank you! 😀I don’t know the sizes off the top of my head.If the jewel cabinet has not been packed yet, I can the sizes check on Monday. We use 24ss 24pp 19pp and a couple other sizes too. The sizes are confusing because the smaller jewels are measured in “pp” which stands for “pearl point”, and the larger ones are designated “ss” which stands for… I don’t know what…but they are two different close sizes and they have can be the same number.
                The backing of the Swarovski jewels doesn’t seem to come off if you use white glue on them, far as we can tell.

Pegasi1978
                Participant

Nakase wrote:

she arrived safe and sound, but is missing her tail gem ^^; never got put in I guess, either way, Melody is sending me a replacement <3 thanks again Melody!! (what do I use to put it in place? D: )

Pretty! Got any elmer’s glue? That or a similar type white glue will work just fine (and is in fact close to what the factory uses). Also *god forbid* if you have a piece break you can use the white glue for the repair (it’s “factory” recommended over super glue in fact).

Wow ^^ thanks Adaneth and pegasi1978, that info will surely come in handy when I’ll *eventually* get some PYOs to paint ^^
                  (and my Mother-in-law has a severly broken peacock oriental dragon, superglued back together Dx He’s in my care, but I’m not allowed to keep him, so yah, superglue is bad o_o I have a little ribbon around his “neck wound” to hide the large amounts of glue that flowed over the seam.)

www.nakaseart.com

Stephanie
                  Participant

She’s beautiful – congratulations!

LOL! At my mother-in-law’s advice, I checked craigslist for windstones. Lo and behold, I found a hatching peacock for $20 😆 It now graces my computer desk next to the Lovely Lady <3 (it is missing a hang tag, did the peacocks have them to begin with?)

I would totally suggest checking Craigslist o_o Most of them have no clue what they have 😮 The lady I got this little one from, has two Fraklinmint dragons for $100 each (omgosh, if I knew anyone who collected them I’d so contact them)

www.nakaseart.com

Pam

Hangtags started appearing on windstones only recently. Some peacocks have them (the newer ones), but the majority probably don’t (peacock dragons were produced for a very long time).

Jasmine
                      Participant

I don’t like the hang tags 😳

twindragonsmum
                        Participant

Jasmine wrote:

me either… 😳

twindragonsmum 🙂

tdm

Adaneth
                          Participant

Jasmine wrote:

They’re a darned nuisance on the smaller pieces. I can’t hide them under my Poads very well. Or the baby unicorn/pegasus, etc. 🙄

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 1,500 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.