fbpx

"I Just Bought A–" Celebration thread, v.4

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone "I Just Bought A–" Celebration thread, v.4

Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 1,500 total)
  • Author
    machineguts
    Participant

Congrats Kalandra, he’s a beauty! 🙂

Kalandra wrote:

Hello Everyone! I just wanted to say hello and share some photos of my first OW Dragon 😀 http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac268/Kalandra99/100_0734.jpg?t=1256740544 and http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac268/Kalandra99/100_0738.jpg?t=1256740665 In the 1st photo it looks like he’s guarding the pumpkins, The 2nd photo I call “love at 1st sight” Our dog “Loki” giving kisses, lets just say My OW was promptly put back in the display case 🙂

PurpleTurtle
      Participant

Welcome to the forum, Kalandra :hi: , and congrats on your first OW. He’s a very impressive fellow. I love the pic with the puppy dog 😀 .

machineguts
        Participant

Me too, that’s cute! 😀

purpleturtle wrote:

Welcome to the forum, Kalandra :hi: , and congrats on your first OW. He’s a very impressive fellow. I love the pic with the puppy dog 😀 .

Leigha
          Participant

WOAH that is a big dog…he totally dwarfs the OW statue O.O

Congrats

congrats ow are my fave

I just got my 2 newest pieces yesterday and today! I have been dying for a Ruby OW, and finally got one! Now, I am up to 5 rubies…2 more to go. :shout:
            (Horrible phone pic on the run)

I got him from Tc_cat.
            And this is my other addition(s) since I did get an Amethyst Young Oriental too! 🙂

Thanks Star!!! *grins from ear to ear*
            Does anyone else have one of those beautiful urns from Hobby Lobby like the one I have in the picture? I just love it!

Guess who is trying to peek in on the picture of the Oriental display? LOL I wish I could get my sword in with them, but it’s just way too long! 😛 And I just noticed my Ruby Oriental looks almost black! He really isn’t that dark. :nea:

Setsunawolf
            Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

And this is my other addition(s) since I did get an Amethyst Young Oriental too! 🙂

Thanks Star!!! *grins from ear to ear*
              Does anyone else have one of those beautiful urns from Hobby Lobby like the one I have in the picture? I just love it!

Guess who is trying to peek in on the picture of the Oriental display? LOL I wish I could get my sword in with them, but it’s just way too long! 😛 And I just noticed my Ruby Oriental looks almost black! He really isn’t that dark. :nea:
              I love your jade orientals. I wasn’t aware the Sun came in jade too.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
              Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
              Sun Dragon Koi #3

kitsunelady
              Participant

He looks like a regular Emerald to me? @ setsuna

Your setup to show off all your orientals on the same shelf is cool! =D @ WC

That is quite a large fuzzy up there. o.o;

All of those Jade ones came from earliest batches I found in my local shop. They hit the store, they came home. But, as with the Ruby Sun, the pic is showing the Emerald Sun quite darkly compared to his natural colors. 😕 He does have a true Jade belly, not a spot of emerald in it or his chest, but he has a coat of Emerald over the top of his sides. The young and regular Oriental both have super thin coats of the emerald over the jade on their sides too…Like someone just felt like they needed a hint that day. LOL I wonder if they are jade at times, cuz the other ones I see are so much darker!
                On that thought, That OW is a very pale Ruby compared to my others too…Maybe someone out there wants a lighter one in exchange for their darker one? *hint hint* 😆 JK! I love him just the same, and in my shelves he displays much darker than out in the bright bright light. Maybe one day it will bug me enough to want to offer him up for a trade for a darker version…(Fat chance on anyone wanting to give up a dark for a light though! XD )

OMG!!! So totally off topic but a pair of Cardinals are making a nest in my Magnolia right outside my window! 😮

Yeah! That is one big fuzzy! I can’t remember which sculpt he came with…Actually, I think he came with my Amethyst Curlie I got from Drag0nfeathers…*whispers…I think she made him herself* He’s actually about 5 inches long or so. I always loved what my Gramma called Cougar (Pronounced gar as in the fish.) fabric. I don’t know where she got the name, but I wish I had known Windstone was gonna start making Fuzzies, I would have kept the YARDS and YARDS of it that she had in all colors of the rainbow. 😕

kitsunelady wrote:

He looks like a regular Emerald to me? @ setsuna

Your setup to show off all your orientals on the same shelf is cool! =D @ WC

That is quite a large fuzzy up there. o.o;
                I have my castles set up on white cheesecloth draped over extra books I have around like I do my Orientals. It’s so hard to see everyone in the back if you don’t give ’em a little lift! 😆
                Thanks though! I am glad someone out there likes it! Dusting those castles is a PITA though… :shout:

Kathleen
                Participant

What a beautiful collection of orientals. 🙂

Thank you! 😀 Wish I had bought the peacocks a long time ago though! 😕

siberakh1
                  Participant

I like your orientals display WSC and that little urn is nice. I know I’m going to be adding some lift on my shelves for smaller or same height sculpts together that need it (like the castles) with blocks of wood or something. I hadn’t thought of fabric though to hide the wood blocks. It will give some purpose to the extra fabric I have leftover from cosplays, or I’ll just have to go down to the fabric store to find stuff that works. This is of course when I get actual shelves and my room is finally done (still need insulation and sheet rock put up before I can say I have walls and I can even think about ordering the display cabinets… the attic is kind of the priority of the moment with winter coming soon).

Nicole
                    Participant

I had a ruby OW that was bright also, I much prefer the dark unstable paint that’s on my lap and scratcher. The OW just did not match them at all and I ended up selling him 🙁 I would also love a darker version one but the only true one I’ve seen come up was from kyrin when I had no monies for him. That’s ok though, there are plenty of other pretties out there to compensate 😀

Yeah, my Scratcher, Fledgie and Lap are all dark. The young and OW are the lighter versions, and the young is darker than the OW. I’ll keep him, but should the chance to trade come up, I may have to think very hard about it. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 1,500 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.