fbpx

"I Just Bought A–" Celebration thread, v.4

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone "I Just Bought A–" Celebration thread, v.4

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 1,500 total)
  • Author
    Melissa
    Participant

Great deals are already showing up, I’m afraid. I got a pair of stone finish critters for fifty (with shipping), and two stunning mint condition retired Mother Dragons for sixty and seventy apiece, (plus shipping) in the last few months.

I lurk, scavenge and often get outbid… but that doesn’t explain my excellent run of luck. 😕

I absolutely love getting bargain-price pretties on my shelf, but when other bidders are doing triage and deciding they prefer utilities and dinner to outbidding me… that’s kind of a canary in a coal mine for my own situation. Unfortunate little catch 22. 🙁

twindragonsmum
      Participant

chrisherself wrote:

Now THAT’S a find–wow! How did you pull that one off?

Sheer luck! (which doesn’t happen often!) It was a BIN and I didn’t even stop to think – just jumped on it!

twindragonsmum 8)

tdm

Katherine
        Participant

Wow! I will have to browse Evilbay more often!!

Nightcrow
          Participant

Here are the two newest additions to my family: Black Sunset griffin and Wolf chick! I’m completely, utterly in love with the Black Sunset coloring!

Jennifer wrote:

We got to 100 pages on the third one! Wow!!
            Go for it, guys!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Beautiful additions Nightcrow! One can never have to many griffins just ask me or Tyrrlin 😀

Stephanie
            Participant

Wow, that Sunset color is very striking! Congrats!

Katherine
              Participant

Wow! You know, I had decided that I didn’t want to get the black sunset griffins because they seemed too similar to the black pegasi fami9ly that I have, but that picture makes me want to reconsider. Does anybody have a black sunset griffin and a plack pegasus that they could picture next to each other so I can compare the wing coloring?

Leigha
                Participant

Alright, so I went on a semi-large shopping spree this weekend. I bought a “Goof” small gargoyle panther (I missed the purple fledgies), a Jade Scratcher on eBay(yay! he was a buy it now), Then at the mall later that same day, I bought an Emerald Peacock Fledgie, Black Sunset Male and Black Sunset Crouching Chick all at 50% off retail price.(In addition to a couple new pair of super cute shoes!)

I have spent my allowance for a long time, but I got good prices, so I am super happy.

I shall post pictures of everything when the scratcher and gargoyle arrive.

Jasmine
                  Participant

That was quite the shopping spree Leigha, congrats!! 😀

I did get the goof up gargoyle myself. I’m still deciding on the amethyst fledge.

chrisherself
                    Participant

I’ve always been kinda meh about the black sunset coloration, but that photo is STUNNING! I’d say it definitely does the paint justice. Wow!

Mmloda
                      Participant

Congrats, It took me a while to get used to the Black Sunset color but it’s growing on me and I think i might wanna get the male and sitting chick… 😉

Marzena

Maria
                        Participant

Nice going, Leigha! Congrats.
                          Black Sunset is a gorgeous color. I love my male and chicks.

Leigha
                          Participant

I think it really depends with the Black Sunset Color. Because when I first saw the male in the store, his wings weren’t as VIBRANT as the male I found this weekend. I didn’t like the first one I saw, but I love this one.

Nicole
                            Participant

Leigha what mall did you go to? I live about 45 minutes away from san jose and I’m trying to find more stores where I can see the pieces in person before I buy them… especially if there’s a sale!! 😀 Congrats on the great buys!

Leigha
                              Participant

Both Stores are called Armor-Geddon.

Oakridge is where I bought the male griffin and baby.
                                Valco is where I bought the EmPea Fledgie.

Neither store had much of a selection left. The store is Oakridge is being closed and they’re trying to sell off as much inventory as possible before they have to move it all to the store in Valco. Oakridge’s overhead charges were too expensive for them to keep both stores open, so it was decided that they’d keep the Valco store open.

Oakridge had two emperors: black gold, and an EmPea with a chipped horn. They had a lot of the black Gold family left as well, lap, male (his colors were gorgeously vibrant), mother, male coiled, fledgie. A female black sunset and another crouching chick, some random gargoyles and wall hangings, and the whole set of white unicorns minus the baby.

Valco had the male and mother unicorn and a male sunset griffin and a couple gargoyles and wall hangings. I got their last Dragon I believe.

There was also a store in Valco that had a Gargoyle Unicorn. They’ve had it for YEARS. I tried to talk to the price down a year ago with the manager and he wasn’t willing to go down much, but the woman working the counter a couple days ago said I could probably talk him down now. But she said I’d have to get lucky and catch him in store, meh, not interested really. It was a comic book store….I don’t remember the name.

I hope that helps someone 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 1,500 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.