fbpx

I hesitate to post this….(AKA big PYO done with pictures)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone I hesitate to post this….(AKA big PYO done with pictures)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Arlla
    Participant

Alright guys…I need help…

…if you happened to have a PYO dragon with lavendar eyes, what color would you paint it…?

I’m thinking silver…maybe silver and cream with lavendar accents…but I really want this one to be
      PRETTY and GOOD…I really don’t want to mess it up…and I’d love to hear what you guys think.

Keep in mind that it’s a very light lavendar that is easily washed out by surrounding colors. Not to say that I can’t have surrounding colors, but if I do they probably have to be pale.

Also, to save the office folks some strife – this isn’t a normal eye color! The only reason I got lavendar eyes is because Melody is too nice and let me steal them out of a paper cup. Feel free to bug her for lavendar eyes, as I would love to see more of them on her sculptures – I just don’t want you to think that I got them because I’m special – I was just plain lucky. And insistant. ^_^

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
      -J R R Tolkien

Arlla
      Participant

-J R R Tolkien

frozendragon
        Participant

I don’t know about silver….I think silver leafing as an accent….but honestly a lot of silver would look kind of funny….

something to compliment the eyes would be great….but what about a creamy color…

that’s my thoughts

SPark
          Participant

Yeah, I’d say creams and yellows and other colors that will bring out the purple by constrast. Cool colors will just make it look gray and washed out, I think.

Arlla
            Participant

frozendragon wrote:

I don’t know about silver….I think silver leafing as an accent….but honestly a lot of silver would look kind of funny….

that’s my thoughts

Were you not a fan of the silver old warriors?? I thought those would have looked FABULOUS with lavendar eyes…

-J R R Tolkien

Arlla
              Participant

SPark wrote:

Yeah, I’d say creams and yellows and other colors that will bring out the purple by constrast. Cool colors will just make it look gray and washed out, I think.

Yeah, my original plan was to do it in sunset colors… but after the sunrise griffin turned out so bright, I’m not sure I would be able to paint it the way I see it in my head…they’re scary, these sunrises and sunsets!! They have great potential for botching.

-J R R Tolkien

frozendragon
                Participant

Arlla wrote:

frozendragon wrote:

that’s my thoughts

Were you not a fan of the silver old warriors?? I thought those would have looked FABULOUS with lavendar eyes…

I would have to see one in person to decide….but honestly from what I’ve seen of the lavendar eyes…they aren’t very dark…so silver doesn’t seem and appropriate match

SPark
                  Participant

Yeah, I think the all silver dragons would be STUNNING with a dark purple, but a really pale color I’m not so sure about.

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

Maybe like a seashell on the beach?

Got a busted Windstone?
                      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin
                      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

frozendragon
                      Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

Maybe like a seashell on the beach?

I like that idea

Skigod377
                        Participant

I would have thought silver and lavender would be a nice color combo. Maybe one of the colors on your sunset griffin? Those were very nice.

frozendragon
                          Participant

skigod377 wrote:

I would have thought silver and lavender would be a nice color combo. Maybe one of the colors on your sunset griffin? Those were very nice.

silver and lavendar are pretty good together….but I still don’t think they got those eyes that dark…so it would be kind of weird

Skigod377
                            Participant

Could be. The picture in my head looks pretty, but we all know how those turn out 😆

frozendragon
                              Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Could be. The picture in my head looks pretty, but we all know how those turn out 😆

Um…no…cause the pictures in my head are very similar to how things turn out….

LOL

Skigod377
                                Participant

Must be nice.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.