fbpx

I have a new acquisition

Home Forums Miscellany Community I have a new acquisition

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

he’s very pretty!! I’ve been wanting to get one for a long time but my husband doesn’t like them…I think that he’s just scared of snakes and doesn’t want to admit it. πŸ˜€

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

Laurie
    Participant

Men are sissies, mine was afraid of my snake too. It was funny trying to clean his cage because I would make my husband hold him while I did it. He would always freak out when Pliskin would turn his head towards him.

Bob

Your cats are thinking OH CRAP WE ARE DINNER!!!

Cool looking snake! His patterning looks like he has Mardi Gras masks on him! Hee hee!

haha purpledoggy. πŸ˜† That’s an evil yet funny thing to do!! I love it! Though I’m sure mine would not have that at all. He’d end up leaving the house every time I would take mine out (if I had one of course). πŸ˜†

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

BDW
        Participant

Oh! He’s beautiful! You are sssooooo lucky to have one…I can’t bring one unfortunatly. This is my boyfriends house and he hates snakes! Wish this was my house I would bring a snake in the house and watch him move out πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

SPark
          Participant

Yay snakes! He is lovely.

My ball is a real pig and would eat just about anything, so I actually haven’t had much experience with feeding problems. (Though my cornsnake, funnily enough, is a little bit picky.)

Rusti
            Participant

Ha! It seems to be the other way ’round for me, but I just got this fellow today. All he had in my friend’s place was a basking lamp, no undertank heater. I’ve put an undertank heater on.

I’m going to wait a couple of weeks before offering him something to eat to see if the direct heat for him to use makes a difference.

I think this guy is a male, and it is breeding season for them, so his mind may be on other things…

*flails* he’s so cute! I wish my parents would let me have one… I love snakes. ;0; I already have six cats (well they’re my mothers, but yeah) and two dogs anyways. XD;

Heather
              Participant

The snake is saying, “Heeeere kitty, kitty, kitty . . . .” πŸ˜‰ Okay, not really; it’s probably more like, “Frick, do they see me? Not good!”

Just a suggestion (if you’re not doing this already): it’s much better to stun or freshly kill the rat before giving it to the snake. A scared rat can bite the living daylights out of a snake, and the wounds do not heal well. πŸ™ Sometimes a rat will go for the eyes; you can imagine how that turns out for the snake.

Ball pythons are sure nice snakes. Although we had a good laugh in school one morning, when a call came into the Zoo Med office. PK–one of the doctors–took the call, then hopped in the zoo van and drove off without saying what the call had been about. She returned half an hour later, giggling nonstop, with a writhing pillowcase in one hand. In the pillowcase was 3 feet of very worried ball python. It turned out that the call had come from one of the residents, who had shakily reported a “gigantic SNAKE” in his kitchen. When PK had arrived, she discovered the front door wide open. Nobody answered the doorbell, so she walked into the house calling for the resident. She discovered him atop a chair in the kitchen, trembling mightily. The snake had by then wandered out into the garden, where PK captured it. For the rest of the day, people were walking up behind that resident and going “Sss!” just to see him jump. He was ready to kill by the end of the day. πŸ˜†

Rusti
                Participant

Barrdwing wrote:

The snake is saying, “Heeeere kitty, kitty, kitty . . . .” πŸ˜‰ Okay, not really; it’s probably more like, “Frick, do they see me? Not good!”

Just a suggestion (if you’re not doing this already): it’s much better to stun or freshly kill the rat before giving it to the snake. A scared rat can bite the living daylights out of a snake, and the wounds do not heal well. πŸ™ Sometimes a rat will go for the eyes; you can imagine how that turns out for the snake.

This is why I feed my corn snake frozen/thawed. I don’t really like the idea of putting a live rat in with my snakes, too much can go wrong in such a confined space.

We’ll have to see how it goes.

lamortefille
                  Participant

That’s a beautiful snake!

Maria
                    Participant

Congrats, Rusti. That’s a very nice-looking snake. What’s his name?

Rusti
                      Participant

He came with the name “Rufio”, but I’m thinking that might change.

Yea, what is it with men (‘cept those here of course)? They are scared when it comes to reptile snakes but they always brag about the one in their trousers. Pu-lease! Hypocrites! πŸ™„ I think they have reptile envy if you know what I mean! πŸ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.