I have a Mother Elven from the 90's

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody I have a Mother Elven from the 90's

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lee
    Participant

Hello, I have a Mother Elven from the 90’s, i just saw that they were reintroduced in2017, I think that mine went for about $400. If I’m correct.

etruscan
      Participant

Is your dragon a production color or a test paint?  There were two green mother dragons produced in the 1990s but neither were Elven (green with silver, silver eyes).

The closest to the “Elven” coloring is “Old Green” with orange eyes [photo from Astral Castle]:

The other production green color is “Emerald” which usually had red eyes, though some were made with orange eyes [photo from Astral Castle]:

If your dragon has “Elven” written on the bottom, she could be a test paint.  Melody painted several test paint variations of the elven coloring as she tried to find a combination that she liked!

Lee
        Participant

Hello, it the one with orange eyes, it is just like the one you posted with the hints of blue,mine has a purple jewel between the eyes.

pipsxlch
          Participant

Hi Lee, then what you have is an Old Green Mother Dragon; that paint scheme was retired in the mid 90’s. ‘Elven’ is a paint scheme, not a sculpture, that was produced in limited quantities on many dragon sculpts fairly recently. I want to say my old green mother cost me $69 when I bought her in ’86. Current value on her, depending on condition, is maybe $50ish I think. Congratulations on a beautiful piece, old green is my favorite paint scheme.

Lee
            Participant

Thank you for your help,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.