I finished it!

Home Forums Miscellany General Writing Discussion I finished it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Adaneth
    Participant

And I need folks to pinch me to convince me I’m really awake! 😀

Yesterday, I finished writing my fifth Geren novel, which is the last novel of the series. Just under ten years after finishing the first one, and some 18 years since the whole story started coming into my head. So it feels like I’ve spent most of my life at this–at least all my adult life!

So yes, tell me I ain’t dreaming… 😛

dragonmedley
      Participant

H)

You’re not.

WOOT!!!!!

Congrats… Ok, so what’s next?

😉

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Adaneth
        Participant

H)

You’re not.

WOOT!!!!!

Congrats… Ok, so what’s next?

😉

I’m sure you know the feeling–no end of other novels and stories bubbling in my head! I’ll never run out of stuff to write, that’s for certain!

Hope it’s going well with ‘White Dragon’ 🙂

Rachel
          Participant

CONGRATS!!! So…where can I get them?

Adaneth
            Participant

Nowhere, I’m afraid, though I do have a stand-alone novel up at FictionPress. Thanks for the congrats! 🙂

Hannah
              Participant

Wow, congrats Adaneth!!

I’ve had a story in my head since I was a teenager but every time I go to write it down I get to around 10 pages and forget about it for too long ><

That's a real feat 🙂

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Adaneth
                Participant

Thanks so much! It has been quite the long road.

(And that’s me and certain projects that I pick up and put down and they gather dust for years and years! 😉 )

Bodine
                  Participant

Congrats!Here’s hoping you get a movie from it.You did say dream didn’t you?Soooo,dream BIG!! :bigsmile: Never know.
                    Would you consider a thread here with short stories from them for our intertainment?Always looking for new exciting dragon books 🙂

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                    (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                    Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Stephanie
                    Participant

A belated congratulations!

Adaneth
                      Participant

Thanks, you guys!

Afraid I don’t write about dragons or any ‘traditional’ fantasy creatures, but Dragonmedley does, and you really should check out her ‘Green Dragon’ book when it gets published, Bodine!

Akeyla
                        Participant

Congrats!

WHEY! champagne and dancing!

I know how you feel, its this wonderful moment of accomplishedment, that comes very quick (once you reached the final chapters, the 5 last chapters of course took an eternety).
                          I’ve also gotten around finishing my lifepiece just this July. 240K words, 41 chapters, 50 illustrations. Now the fun part: editing. Have you edited yet? My inner critic wont shut up.

dragonmedley
                          Participant

I’ve also gotten around finishing my lifepiece just this July. 240K words, 41 chapters, 50 illustrations. Now the fun part: editing. Have you edited yet? My inner critic wont shut up.

Make sure you let it sit for a while before editing. You need to “forget” a bit so you can be more objective, otherwise, you may not see some things or notice some details that contradict each other.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Akeyla
                            Participant

did.
                              I had 5 awesome Betas who stood by my side chapter per chapter, giving feedback for each mostly while the next was still in work (bway, 41 chaps, 240K words) which made me super aware towards the end. I’m in a writers group where we hack each others works and give really good feedback. (Writers group = 2 published authors, 1 lektor, 2 german teachers. each of us writing. I’m the providing artist) The best recommendation I can give was to write down the resume and sample chapter straight afterwards, as if wanting to apply at agents. Critical feedback brought me real far too (30 Betas did partial reading), especially the one of non fantasy reader strangers. At the mo I dont edit, I rewrite. It flows much more naturally and is quicker.
                              Its very hard work, but I enjoy doing it.

Adaneth
                              Participant

Congrats!

WHEY! champagne and dancing!

I know how you feel, its this wonderful moment of accomplishedment, that comes very quick (once you reached the final chapters, the 5 last chapters of course took an eternety).

Heh heh, yes the joys of editing. I tend to edit while I’m writing, so that I stay ‘in’ the work and avoid contradictions. But Sarah’s right about how good it is to set it aside for a while and come back with fresh eyes. I need to do more extensive work on the first two Geren books, since I was a whole lot more experienced as a writer by the time I wrote the last three, and they’re just better.

Congrats on your big accomplishment! 😀 That’s great you have some really good betas!

Bodine
                                Participant

Congrats to all you guys.I wish I could write,can’t,but sure love a good read.Thanks for contributing! 🙂

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.