I feel so angry and betrayed….

Home Forums Miscellany Community I feel so angry and betrayed….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Riversgrace
    Participant

As some of you know I am in the Navy as active duty. I have served my country for a little over 10 years. In those 10 years I have NEVER… Broken a law, stepped out of line with my chain of command, failed a physical fitness evaluation, or done anything wrong. What I have done is get every qualification my rate would need to do my job, which is fixing F18 motors. I have been trained well on ever motor you can stuff in an F/A 18 Alpha through Foxtrot. I have done every rediculous thing they have ever asked me to do, go anywhere they ever asked me to go, and put up with the politics that run high there.

The Navy decided to down size, and I was one of three thousand chosen to be let go for NO reason. I have accepted this and moved on with my life. Which meant learning how to not be military, and move my family 2k miles to Texas. Now, down toy last damn paycheck last night they decide to screw up a date… That little error threw half of my pay away… I have been on the phone for hours trying to get someone to fix it. Finally got it ‘fixed’… However I am screwed still. They aren’t just giving it to me, they are rolling in the other half of my pay into my severance pay! Which won’t be here for almost two more weeks!!!!!

I am mad and hurt and pissed and betrayed…I served my country well and this is how it ends… BS…

Sorry for the rant… Thank you for listening…

Carolyn
      Participant

It’s understandable to rant over this . It’s your money and they are the ones who messed it up . You severed this country and your a good person for doing it . You have the right to be mad . Hugs to you . I hope things get better .

dragonmedley
        Participant

Ach! That totally blows and you’re right to be angry!!!!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

siberakh1
          Participant

Wow. Without going into a long tirade on current politics and stuff that has no business on this forum, I’m really sorry this happened to you. ๐Ÿ™ You gave much of yourself to serve to be treated this way in the end. That really is hurtful to see happen and makes me angry. You have a right to be angry and deserved better. *HUGS* It may not account for much, but I will say THANK YOU for your service and what you have done.

I can completely understand your anger and frusteration. Serving your country is a very difficult choice to make knowing the inherant risks associated with the decision and the very least that they could do is get the checks right when they have so abruptly ended your career there.

You have done your country a great service and I am sure it feels as though it has been thrown in your face by said country. I believe (though I am canadian) that there are so many people in your country and on this forum from America who do appreciate all that you have given in your service to their and your home.

Though you may not feel it from the beurocrats of the government I am sure that many on this forum myself included have a huge appreciation for all of those willing to serve to protect all of our rights and freedoms. I thank you for all that you have given to your country and with your selfless duty to protect your fellow Americans.

I truly hope that all of the chaos works out for you and that things will be brighter for you in the days to come.

B

Erin
            Participant

I mostly lurk here, but happened to see this post and wanted to share my sympathies also. With big organizations you never really know or can predict where the decisions come from or where they’re going to fall, and the US government is basically one of the largest companies in the world. My brother got out of the Army just about a year ago and is making the transition — I have other family members who have also transitioned out. The good side of it is that your training will transfer, and often into fields that give an extra boost to ex-military. My brother (specializes in languages and mechanic) is looking now at going into Homeland Security. They maintain large fleets of vehicles and seem to be consistently hiring mechanics. Best of luck to you, and with your diligence and qualifications I’m sure you’ll find something new quickly. FWIW when my niece’s husband left the Navy some years ago he found he liked working private military contracting much better.

Riversgrace
              Participant

Thank you, all of you for your kind words. My love for my country and the navy will not waiver just because of a pay check. I hope I did not give anyone that impression. I was just really mad last night. Thank you for letting me vent.

It’s been a bad 48 hours too. My Dad’s truck was stolen today as well… So just my turn in the bucket it would seem…

twindragonsmum
                Participant

loves ya Riversgrace!

twindragonsmum

tdm

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

Wow…just wow… That is freaking disgusting Riversgrace…. I can’t believe… well I guess in TODAYS American I CAN believe it. (which is very sad) This country is just not what it used to be and to honor anyone who served in our military in that fashion is just disgraceful!!! I’m sorry Riversgrace, that’s truly just despicable!

I could get into a big political debate about how I think we are WAY overdue for a revolution, but this is not the place. In any case, there are people who DO appreciate all you did for our country even if certain cooperate people within it view us all as merely hamsters in a wheel.

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Riversgrace
                    Participant

Thank you TDM and Drag0n… I never meant to stir up a political thing… I would have been just as pissed if I worked for Walmart lol. Like I said I love my country, I love the Navy, and I will use getting out as a ‘where one door is closed another opens’…. Still pissed that I’m struggling so bad because they made an error, they should have been able to fix it in the spot… I think they just didn’t want to…

WolfenMachine
                      Participant

Every big company is quick to ask for money when YOU owe it to THEM but when THEY owe YOU…they take their sweet time. :- *hugs* At least you DID get it worked out! That’s something on the bright side ๐Ÿ™‚ at least you know you have it coming. I know how it is to be expecting a big fat check and it get delayed. You kinda put lots of eggs into one basket, expecting it on *THAT DAY*.

Riversgrace
                        Participant

Lol I already called PSD (the one who files our pay issues) and made sure that everything was a go for next week…. So it should be good. My seperation clerk is someone I have known for the whole time I’ve been in the Navy, so he would tell me if he saw something in the system that wasn’t right. So green light for the 11th. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m more at peace with this. And I have found a group on Facebook that started a page called Sailors Against ERB, so it’s made me at ease knowing I’m not alone in all my feelings. :). Hugs to all of you for reading, thinking about this, and commenting. Y’all know I consider you my extended family. Again thanks for letting me vent…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.