fbpx

i am a pack rat

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone i am a pack rat

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

i will be moving over the summer. in order to get ready for that–and avoid writing my thesis, i have been cleaning out boxes of ‘stuff’ i have. between my desk drawer and just 3 boxes, i have managed to find 14 windstone catalogs from 1990 to 2005. only ten of them are unique. i am sure i have more in other boxes and with my sculpture boxes.

why do i have so many? usually when i entered a store with windstones, i rarely had any money to buy one, so i would take a catelog as consolation prize.

if you still do not think i am a pack rat, i have banana republic catalogs from the 80’s and a small catalog for dragon keep from probably around 1990. these are only the ones that made it out of my parents house. many clothing and doll catalogs were recycled before they moved.

i need to get a life. πŸ™ i had one for a while…then it thought i was dorky and went elsewhere… 😳

gryphondreamer wrote:

i will be moving over the summer. in order to get ready for that–and avoid writing my thesis, i have been cleaning out boxes of ‘stuff’ i have. between my desk drawer and just 3 boxes, i have managed to find 14 windstone catalogs from 1990 to 2005. only ten of them are unique. i am sure i have more in other boxes and with my sculpture boxes.

why do i have so many? usually when i entered a store with windstones, i rarely had any money to buy one, so i would take a catelog as consolation prize.

if you still do not think i am a pack rat, i have banana republic catalogs from the 80’s and a small catalog for dragon keep from probably around 1990. these are only the ones that made it out of my parents house. many clothing and doll catalogs were recycled before they moved.

i need to get a life. πŸ™ i had one for a while…then it thought i was dorky and went elsewhere… 😳
    Just send the doubles to me. It will make you feel better!

Tiffany
    Participant

omg you sound like me!! hee hee! you should see under my bed, my dresser my chairs, all boot boxes filled with magazines that had an item or two that i thought was cool. some had a couple good recipes, oh and lets not forget old menus from favorite restaurants past or ones i went to on vacation. i saved all my movie tickets and concert tickets from when i went with my bf. umm oh and some empty jelly and honey jars from went i went to france. yummm french countryside honey! ohhhhh and i have the shed puppy coats fuzz balls from most of my dogs saved in film cassettes along with their puppy teeth. thats special! i saved misos first ear hair mats too. oh my ,i have sooo much more! i’m glad i’m not the only one!!! can you believe i feel like a weirdo sometimes for it?! i love saving stuff, it helps fill the gaps where your brain forgot already!
      now AM I a pack rat or what?!

Tiffany
      Participant

awwwwww i love your thing about used to have a life.. i feel that way too, justifiably!!!!! wow, that should be my new slogan… as my b.f is out drinking with the guys partying it up on st. paddys day – i’m here in mismatched jammies, eating sardines, while chatting on here….. oh yeah babe! lol! we’re rockin! ahh, i like being by myself. people can get irritating sometimes!

Bob

I’m a pack rat also I was that way even before my hosue burned down. I had 2 programs from Sonny and Cher’s 2nd t olast show together at the Circle star theater in Redwood City. The theater is gone now too. I wish I still had them they would be worth a small fortune now since he is gone. my mom wrote my name and my sisters name in them with the date in 1977

tfsculptures wrote:

omg you sound like me!! hee hee! you should see under my bed, my dresser my chairs, all boot boxes filled with magazines that had an item or two that i thought was cool. some had a couple good recipes, oh and lets not forget old menus from favorite restaurants past or ones i went to on vacation. i saved all my movie tickets and concert tickets from when i went with my bf. umm oh and some empty jelly and honey jars from went i went to france. yummm french countryside honey! ohhhhh and i have the shed puppy coats fuzz balls from most of my dogs saved in film cassettes along with their puppy teeth. thats special! i saved misos first ear hair mats too. oh my ,i have sooo much more! i’m glad i’m not the only one!!! can you believe i feel like a weirdo sometimes for it?! i love saving stuff, it helps fill the gaps where your brain forgot already!
          now AM I a pack rat or what?!

i used to save my movie tickets too! i never knew anyone else to do that. this is awesome.

never saved the hair of my pets, but i did have the creamated ashes of one of my cats. ultimately, i thought he would be happier burried next to his love, another cat who died many years later.

yup, under my bed is stuffed, all closets stuffed, storage shelves stuffed. last time i moved, i had about 17 boxes filled with books. everyone said get rid of most of them. πŸ™

and to keep this in the windstone thread, i ahve every windstone box stored in two boxes. πŸ™‚

tfsculptures wrote:

awwwwww i love your thing about used to have a life.. i feel that way too, justifiably!!!!! wow, that should be my new slogan… as my b.f is out drinking with the guys partying it up on st. paddys day – i’m here in mismatched jammies, eating sardines, while chatting on here….. oh yeah babe! lol! we’re rockin! ahh, i like being by myself. people can get irritating sometimes!

ok, we have a far more reaching life. πŸ˜€

besides, do you really want to watch grown men and women puke up green beer? 😯

Dragon Master wrote:

I’m a pack rat also I was that way even before my hosue burned down. I had 2 programs from Sonny and Cher’s 2nd t olast show together at the Circle star theater in Redwood City. The theater is gone now too. I wish I still had them they would be worth a small fortune now since he is gone. my mom wrote my name and my sisters name in them with the date in 1977

this is the type of stuff that is worth keeping becuase of the sentimentality.

sorry about the house. πŸ™

littleironhorse
          Participant

πŸ˜† I am the complete opposite of a pack rat! About once a year I do a major clean up and anything that hasn’t been used in the past year goes to goodwill: clothing, small appliances, sports equipment, furniture, everything!

And forget about old catalogues, those never even last a year πŸ˜†

I even once got rid of a $20.00 bill… By accident, it was on my nightstand sandwiched between old magazines and fliers and got thrown in the garbage with them (this was before the recycling era) πŸ˜‰

KoishiiKitty
            Participant

oh wow. this might sound noobish, but i had no idea there were catalogues!

Bob

gryphondreamer wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

this is the type of stuff that is worth keeping becuase of the sentimentality.

sorry about the house. πŸ™
                I might have been able to get one on display at the Smithsonian in the museum of American History if I still had them.

Lokie
                Participant

littleironhorse wrote:

πŸ˜† I am the complete opposite of a pack rat! About once a year I do a major clean up and anything that hasn’t been used in the past year goes to goodwill: clothing, small appliances, sports equipment, furniture, everything!

And forget about old catalogues, those never even last a year πŸ˜†

I even once got rid of a $20.00 bill… By accident, it was on my nightstand sandwiched between old magazines and fliers and got thrown in the garbage with them (this was before the recycling era) πŸ˜‰

My brother is a little like that. He’ll often pick up things and ask his wife when was the last time they used it. If she can’t remember, they toss it. I want to be like that, but I’ve only come about half way. I used to keep everything but I’ve been forcing myself to set time twice a year to evaluating my stuff and purging quite a bit. I’ve been rather proud of myself since I started.

I’ve been trying to get my mother into that practice, she keeps everything and her house is extremely cluttered.

KoishiiKitty wrote:

oh wow. this might sound noobish, but i had no idea there were catalogues!

what is noobish?

at first i thought you said snobbish, but that didnt make sense.

KoishiiKitty
                  Participant

gryphondreamer wrote:

what is noobish?

at first i thought you said snobbish, but that didnt make sense.

completely new at something and no experience at all is called a noob or nooby. new body=noob
                    lol. I appose it is slang.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.