HUMMUS!!

Home Forums Miscellany Food HUMMUS!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

How many of you love this chickpea heavenly delight?? I could freaking eat buckets of this stuff ๐Ÿ˜€ And if so what is your fave brand and flavor? For me I just love plain!!

Oh, I love hummus!! I like them all, especially on bread in a veggie sandwich!! They are pretty tasty with pretzel sticks. I usually make mine by scratch but, when I don’t have the time, I’ll buy a couple tubs! :bigsmile:

Stephanie
    Participant

This is my favorite hummus recipe. It does take some time (especially because you start with raw chickpeas) but it’s not hard, and the results are fantastic.

I would highly recommend using sumac, too. It says it’s optional but…it’s not. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I also splurge on high quality olive oil. I figure if I’m making hummus from scratch, I’d better be using the best ingredients to make it worth my time. XD

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/hummus-for-real-recipe.html

Kim
      Blocked

At first I thought maybe you posted a recipe. I tried making hummus before but I made the mistake of not peeling the skins off them and it made it too thick and not so smooth. I am going to try again though! We usually buy various flavoured ones at the store. I like ones with garlic or pine nuts and such but have tried all different kinds. It is a great source of protein to serve with chips or bread or to spread on pitas or wraps when you’re hungry!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Falcolf
        Participant

I love hummus with red pepper in it – taaaastyy! ๐Ÿ˜€

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Linda
          Participant

I have a little store by me that makes hummus and it come with peta bread. Really easy and good.

MandBsMom
            Participant

During the summer at the farmers market, we’ve got The Olive Guy. A couple dozen different types of olives, his own pita bread, hummus, and pickles too. My daughter loves him because he always offers samples of his stuff and she loves olives and pickles.

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Lupuslunae
              Participant

Yeah, hummus is great and so versatile; I use it to moisten up sandwiches if I have no egg-less mayo around. You make your own protein-packed version so easily. It’s great on wraps and burritos. 1 can chickpeas plus one avocado mashed and mixed all up, add seasoning, and magic. It’s killer and you get to control the how spicy, how much garlic, etc, so I guess that’s my favorite type ๐Ÿ™‚

Zelda
                Participant

Mmmmm hummus! I love the stuff. I’ve tried making it myself and am tinkering to find just the right recipe, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised to find that my little ‘bullet’ blender does a great job of making it. I have a NutriBullet and a small food processor, and the Nutribullet does a much better job of reducing the chickpeas down to a creamy smooth texture. I usually use it for making shakes to gulp down on the rush out the door, so I hadn’t expected it to be able to handle really thick mixes. Next I have to try making my own peanut butter with it…

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Ela_Hara
                  Participant

Hummus and Salsa are my Favorite two dips for chips and raw vegetables! Yum! :love:

Hummus spread on a flour soft tortilla and simply rolled up is a wonderful snack! ๐Ÿ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                    Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                    Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                    *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Lokie
                    Participant

I love hummus! Although, I only like plain or the garlic flavor. Every time I’ve tried a flavored one, I ended up not liking it. I don’t really favor a particular brand. Never tried to make my own, but maybe this thread will inspire me to try.

Prezaurian
                      Participant

I love hummus! Although, I only like plain or the garlic flavor. Every time I’ve tried a flavored one, I ended up not liking it. I don’t really favor a particular brand. Never tried to make my own, but maybe this thread will inspire me to try.

I have to agree on the plain or garlic flavor. Those are the best. Have you ever tried a little paprika sprinkled on top of the hummus before you begin dipping? I find that’s a nice accent.

Melody
                        Keymaster

bleah

Too much talk about hummus, I got a tub and made veggie sandwiches with it! Nom Nom!!

YES more hummus talk! Bring it on! LOL thanks everyone for the comments and recipes, want to try to make my own now!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.