fbpx

Hubby's "new" tattoo – picture heavy

Home Forums Miscellany Community Hubby's "new" tattoo – picture heavy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

I call it “new” because it has been completely touched up. He got the tattoo when he was home on leave during his first deployment in June 2005.

This is how it looked the day he got it. The Yin Yan was colored in with balck ink after this photo was taken, but I don’t have a full back showing it.

This is how it looked the day before it was touched up. He did not heal well, and according to Mr. Tom, the gentleman who did the touch up work, the other guy did a crappy job to begin with.

Since Mr. Tom couldn’t make out the dragon heads in the greywashing we had to go looking for new oriental and western dragon heads to base them off of. You can guess where my mind went immediately. ๐Ÿ˜€ I tried to convince my husband of using Windstones as inspiration for both, but he found a different western dragon head he liked better.

Here’s progression shots of all the touched up tattoos as well as the dragon heads they were based off of. Mr. Tom also goes by the name Spider and “signs” his work with a little spider. Can anyone spot the spider?

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/pegasi1978/left_oriental.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/pegasi1978/right_western.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/pegasi1978/center_yinyang.jpg

Which makes his back look like this now. Much nicer than it was when Mr. Tom started.

His new tattoo (on his left upper arm) is based off a necklace I picked up for him at one of the two stores in Savannah that sell Windstones. The spirals are Celtic and stand for spiritual growth. Mr. Tom freehanded a drawing based on the necklace, which we then took reduced in size to fit his arm. When all was said and done, he gave us the orignals so no one else will ever have that exact same tattoo.

Pegasi1978
      Participant

dragonmedley
        Participant

I always like to see people’s tattoos. These are neat; I’m very fond of the celtic design.

Thanks for sharing.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Pegasi1978
          Participant

You’re welcome. I really wanted to share since part of it was inspired by a Windstone.

Jasmine
            Participant

Very neat. I love the orientals!!

Stephanie
              Participant

Nice!

Maria
                Participant

It looks much better now. Thanks for sharing, Pegasi.

It looks a lot better now- my husband has a very similar one to the yin-yang dragon piece on his back.
                  I also have 3 tattoos of my own, but no dragon ones.

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

The tattoos on my husband’s back are based off flash art that you can find in tattoo shops. I wish I could remember the artist’s name on the yin yang dragon. The yin yang has always been special to my husband and when I saw that one in the book I pointed it out to him right away. He loved it enough to have it done. Whenever I look at that tattoo I always think of the lines from the Mummy Returns:

Ardeth Bay: If I were to say to you that, “I am a stranger traveling from the East, seeking that which is lost”…
                    Rick: Then I would reply that, “I am a stranger traveling from the West, it is I whom you seek.”

Purplecat
                    Participant

*shudders* All I think when I look is….OUCH!!!! sorry…the designs are neat though, tattoos just look painful to me. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ™‚

Bob

purplecat wrote:

*shudders* All I think when I look is….OUCH!!!! sorry…the designs are neat though, tattoos just look painful to me. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ™‚

My thoughts EXACTLY
                        I don’t think I could EVER do one

Jasmine
                        Participant

I’d love to get one on my shoulder, I just need to find a design I really like. Ruffian has a really cool dragon on her back.

Pegasi1978
                          Participant

When my husband was originally getting the first tattoo, before the guy even started with any ink he used the tattoo needle on my husband’s back to be sure he could handle it, a dry run so to speak. Obviously my husband could handle the sensation. The back tattoo took 8 hours the first time it was done, then 10 hours when it was touched up. The arm piece only took about 2 hours.

dragonmedley
                            Participant

Jasmine wrote:

I’d love to get one on my shoulder, I just need to find a design I really like. Ruffian has a really cool dragon on her back.

I had wanted a tattoo on my leg for the longest time; it was only in 2002 that I found one I liked. Since then, I found 2 other designs I might get done at one point.

It’s really worth the while to wait until you’re very sure.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Bob

dragonmedley wrote:

Jasmine wrote:

I had wanted a tattoo on my leg for the longest time; it was only in 2002 that I found one I liked. Since then, I found 2 other designs I might get done at one point.

It’s really worth the while to wait until you’re very sure.
                                You better be sure it’s not like you can just take it off like a shirt

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.